Random Talk
  • InvaderInvader

February 2016
    1737 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

ebizori said:

BELLRING are really brilliant, yeah, no doubt. both albums were great and new will be too

BELLRING is the group i follow no matter who comes and goes because their music is great. Too bad the albums are impossible to find - The new goes for sale tomorrow and already is impossible to purchase on Amazon. I have found sellers for Bedhead asking up to 20,000 yen for a copy.

Is not like they still are this mega obscure group only people living in Tokyo know about, thats the intriguing part..

I saw they had the new one on CDJapan and thought they would have them all, but you're right BedHead is not there either. They have some others so I guess the thing to do is get the album the moment is comes out, just in case.

• February 2016
    487 Reputation
    Kobushi Factory's new MV! With Hama-chan being extra adorable!

• February 2016
    472 Reputation
    Tokyo Performance Doll have released a new MV

(I cant get around the geo-blocking with any of my tricks. If anyone can, could you host it somewhere temporarily please!, its hard to find stuff on them)

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Took a Japanese elite proxy to do the job :)
    Is torrent okay for you?
    http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=97319

• February 2016
    472 Reputation
    ^Yes! Thank you! I noticed you're just about the only one uploading TPD stuff over at H!O :)

(I'd like to figure out how to rip my blu-ray concert of theirs, since it is nowhere online in digital form)

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    This DM channel has a lot of their web shows
    http://www.dailymotion.com/user/el31gpturbo/1

I use DVDFab for my BluRay rips.
    Haven't tried any others
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/9-tools-easily-rip-dvds-blu-rays-computer/

• February 2016
    1238 Reputation
    NHK WORLD Questionnaire! What group or who do you think define the word "idol"?
    https://twitter.com/TGU_JAPAN/status/702808529338396672

• February 2016
    487 Reputation
    ^^^ I'm going to do a biased vote for ANGERME lol No use cuz theyre not going to beat Momoclo in this one lol
    I'm so biased to ANGERME I have to vote for them lol

• February 2016
    26 Reputation
    ^^^^^Same.............. But maybe MoMusu, I feel really bad for them since the end of their Platinum Era. There's a lot of pressure on the newer members now.

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Actually the question was not who your favorite group is but who exemplifies what an idol is
    In that regard I would have to say AKB as they do about everything idols are associated with
    Even if I don't really care for them as a whole. Guess that's why I picked Kanna Hashimoto instead :)
    She sings, acts, models, does variety, DVDs and photobooks, stars in commercials and movies, has a great smile and is just freakin' cute...

(It was either her or BiS. Lol)

• March 2016
    487 Reputation
    Engeki Joshibu's 9th stage play crew (Kizetsu Suru Hodo Aishiteru!)
    Screenplay: Ohta Yoshinari
    Director: Ooiwa Michiko
    Lyrics: Fukuda Kanon
    Music: Wada Shunsuke
    Choreographer: YOSHIKO
    Producer: Niwa Tamon Andrew
    I could never be happier.

• ebizoriebizori

March 2016
    2293 Reputation
    NEWS

1. "BiSH is ending the act of lifting and other [edit-trouble making] fan actions at live events. The Staff feels that by ending these actions fans will have a better concert experience and it will allow for BiSH to go to greater levels than BiS did.
    One should make note that this comes after they signed with Avex. Many times in any genre bands go from a very creative non-mainstream Indie gimmick to a very polished and proper mainstream image as a major , sacrificing creative freedom for record sales and mainstream acceptance."

2. "GusoDrop picks fight with the Idol Metal establishment. In the wake of BiSH becoming the “no fun” group, GusoDrop has proclaimed they will become the wildest.
    Not only are they encouraging as much craziness as possible at their lives .They are also determined to be the “most heaviest Idol in the world”.
    So GusoDrop has taken the gloves off just how far will they push the limits?"

so so...

• InvaderInvader

March 2016
    1737 Reputation
    I don't think crazy antics or hardcore shows are fundamenntal to BiSH, I just love the music and the girls (Aina :x ) They've always been more "normal" than BiS, yet crazy and independent in their own way. I appreciatte them as they are, no need to go full STUPiG PV.

Speaking of STUPiG, didn't THAT happen under Avex? So I don't think that's the problem. They probably realized BiSH could appeal to a bigger audience who doesn't want a guy blocking their view of the stage.

As for GusoDrop, I don't remember listening to them before, just checked a PV and they seem a bit too gimmicky. If you guys tell me they deserve a chance I'll listen to more but right now they didn't catch my attention.

• ebizoriebizori

March 2016
    2293 Reputation
    GusoDrop is one of my favorite group now. better to see their lives, they are super energic

best live event - http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=95911&hl=guso drop

• InvaderInvader

March 2016
    1737 Reputation
    ^ the last video made it for me. I like this kind of groups more with the energy of a live version than the recordings, which sometimes lacks soul.

• ebizoriebizori

March 2016
    2293 Reputation
    "extreme idol terror" is really cool live, yeah)

• Nantok

March 2016
    589 Reputation
    ebizori said:

1. "BiSH is ending the act of lifting and other [edit-trouble making] fan actions at live events. The Staff feels that by ending these actions fans will have a better concert experience and it will allow for BiSH to go to greater levels than BiS did.

I don't know, shouldn't they first stop with the lip-sync/loud backtracks for a better concert experience? I really like their music, but I was kinda disappointed when I watched their concerts, didn't feel live at all.

Or did they change that already? I haven't checked anything they did this year yet.

• ebizoriebizori

March 2016
    2293 Reputation
    You can find some new lives on youtube. I hav'nt notice big changing still. I think they can be more active on their lives.

• InvaderInvader

March 2016
    1737 Reputation
    I've got to say that the most idol experience I've ever have is the fact that Aina The End pretty much likes anything you say to her on twitter. It's the stupidest little thing in the world but it makes me happy :)) I feel like I would be a sucker for handshake and 2-shot events if I were able to go to that kind of thing. Too bad I live too far away.

Have you guys ever been to events or have contact with idols?

[Don't judge me, I've got insomnia today and I'm killing time]

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation
    ebizori said:

NEWS

One should make note that this comes after they signed with Avex. Many times in any genre bands go from a very creative non-mainstream Indie gimmick to a very polished and proper mainstream image as a major , sacrificing creative freedom for record sales and mainstream acceptance."

so so...

Ok, im gonna bite the bait and say this: Whats wrong with trying to appeal to a bigger audience? Is isnt sellign records what ALL artists are in the end? Unless an artist is giving their music for free on Bandcamp or related sites, every other artist is basically out there making a profit. Recording studios, photoshoots and MV cost money, so ther money to make these things must come somewhere

I'll concede, it is a bummer when an artist compromises their integrity to make an extra money, but baning Lifting at lives is nowhere near the same ballpark as making commercials for coffee. From what i heard, Watanabe decided the ban after watching a BISH live from the back of the club and noticed the Lifting was blocking the view of the stage for the shortest members of the audience - which must be the female segment one must think..

Im sorry, i must be very biased because i miss BiS and i do want BiSH to go further than Bis ever went as OP says. OTNK is the best Idol-Metal song i have heard since Megitsune, so i just want the girls to get noticed