General Discussion
  • March 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Ebichu [Event] EbiChu Shokuinkaigi Tokubetuban
    Fan's report
    http://ameblo.jp/dr-d-d/entry-12007015028.html

The questionnaires were distributed to the fans.
    1. How long have you been a fan of EbiChu?
    2. What other kinds of idols do you like?
    3. Question to the EbiChu's staff.

EbiChu's staff and fans discussed about EbiChu while drinking alcohol.

Q, I don't like "Tairyou Ebisu Bushi".
    Why did you add this song to an album?
    I don't like choreography of "Soiya!". And Aiai's solo lines were necessary for this song?
    Spoiler:
    Karisome:I added Aiai's solo lines to this song.
    Fujii:Some of our fans don't like this song, right?
    Kondo:There should be the fans of this song, too.
    Our songs are not written by only one genius. We make decision by the consultation.
    Fujii:Because we want to release various types of songs, the song doesn't need to be necessarily popular with all fans.

Q, Only Mayama is not a student anymore. Do you have a good plan about her future?
    Spoiler:
    Fujii:I said to her. "I think that you should write about own future on your blog."
    Kondo:There are many solo works for each member lately, right?
    Fujii:Our concerts are our first priority.

Q, I hope to release many solo(unit) songs. Do you have any plans from now on?
    Spoiler:
    Kondo:If each member sang a song, they cannot sing their songs. Is that OK with you?
    Fujii:No way!
    The timing is bad now.

Q, Why did you not perform an autograph event?
    Spoiler:
    Autograph event was very hard. If there are any chances, we may perform an event.

Q, Please tell me the process about the column series of the magazine.
    Aiai(Top Yell)
    Mirei(smart, SamuraiELO)
    Rina(ROLA)
    Spoiler:
    Fujii:We receive a request from each magazine company. After that we consider the aptitude and choose a member.
    I have always wanted to give Mirei the work of the gravure(photo model? bikini model?) but I haven't been able to yet.
    When I did this suggestion, our female manager always gave me an icy look. I never intend to give her a bad image.
    https://youtu.be/WQtYXzdCrGU?t=41

Q, Why did the girls not give a speech in near the end of the concert lately?
    Spoiler:
    Kondo:If a girl gives a speech for 4 minutes, it will take more than 30 minutes. Therefore, we will have to reduce the number of the songs.
    Fujii:After all, the completed form is group composed of 5 persons. LOL
    Momoclo...SMAP...

Q, Which of EbiChu's songs do you like best?
    Spoiler:
    Karisome:My favorite song is "Shiawase no Harigami"
    Seto:Te wo Tsunagou
    Fujii:Encore no Koi
    Kondo:Go!Go! Here We Go! Rock Lee

Q, EbiChu appeared on a Music Station twice in a short span of time. These are thanks to Momoclo?
    Spoiler:
    Fujii:If so, we could easily appear. Life is not that easy.

Q, Do you have a long-term plan about EbiChu?
    Spoiler:
    Fujii:I don't have a long-term plan. And we don't have consistent philosophy like BABYMETAL.
    In other words, I cannot manage premeditatedly. LOL

Q, There are many solo work for some members lately. Don't you think that it is unfair?
    Spoiler:
    Fujii:In the first place, show biz is unfair. That is show biz. I will have to tell them it.

Q, Do you think that EbiChu became famous?
    Spoiler:
    Fujii:We were called "Next Break" in idol world two years ago.
    But we were overtaken by Denpagumi...BABYMETAL... In fact, I will rank EbiChu below them.
    Of course we intend to beat them.
    The number of Syachi's audience is not so different from us. That is, only Momoclo is famous.

My English may be wrong. :D

• March 2015
    262 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Q, I don't like "Tairyou Ebisu Bushi".
    Why did you add this song to an album?
    I don't like choreography of "Soiya!". And Aiai's solo lines were necessary for this song?

people are nuts. I love that song.

I would have guessed Ebichu were bigger than Syachi. A little surprised they have roughly the same audience size.

• InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation
    ^ I think they might be being modest. Syachi's success was faster than Ebichu's but from sales alone I think Ebichu is more successful right now. Also I don't consider Dempagumi to have overtaken Ebichu, they're more or less at the same level.

I don't agree with the Music Station question, even if their first invite had something to do with Momoclo, the second definitely didn't. I doubt those invites had anything to do with Momoclo, because if all it took to be on that show was to be Momoclo's little sisters, they would have been on Music Station years ago.

I love Tairyou Ebisu Bushi, people have different tastes, but it's weird that they brought it up, it must be hated by some people..

What do they mean by the solo projects being unfair? unfair to the other members? I think it's great that the girls are exploring other areas outside Ebichu.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Kawaii Pop Fes 2015 Taiwan

• March 2015
    262 Reputation
    Invader said:

What do they mean by the solo projects being unfair? unfair to the other members? I think it's great that the girls are exploring other areas outside Ebichu.

probably that some girls are getting them while others aren't. I get it. look, I like Riko, but I don't think she needs to have a solo single.

• March 2015
    449 Reputation
    Invader said:

^ I think they might be being modest. Syachi's success was faster than Ebichu's but from sales alone I think Ebichu is more successful right now. Also I don't consider Dempagumi to have overtaken Ebichu, they're more or less at the same level.

Depends on what you're taking into consideration. Ebichu probably has a larger dedicated fanbase, based on the size of the venues they perform at, but Dempa has waaaay more mainstream recognition than either group. Ebichu had a great run on MSta, which Dempa has not had, but Dempa has been doing multiple global performances and has an outrageous number of twitter followers and connections. In terms of straight notoriety, I would say Dempa are closer to Morning Musume in current (I emphasize current, not historical) stature, which puts them on a higher level than Ebichu, who are about on the same level that Berryz Koubou were at: a decent number of people know their name, but nothing else. Syachi are growing rapidly in popularity, but I wouldn't say that they're bigger than Ebichu yet.

Also sales are not a good measure of success, especially for idols, unless you want to grade them specifically on how much money they can milk from their fanbase.

• March 2015
    73 Reputation
    Tamako-chan merch has been added to Amazon for those interested (only a few left of each). [Link] More expensive than the Gendai Goods shop they link to on the movie's homepage though.

Edit: Baby Hinata (from Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku Koushiki Pamphlet Vol.1 "Kuruizaki Ebi Road ~Owari Naki Shinkyuu~")

• March 2015
    262 Reputation
    Dempa have the benefit of being adults and making their idol stuff their full-time job. the amount of projects they're working on at any given time is staggering, and the bulk of it is promotional stuff, so they have to be pulling in some serious money.

• InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation

probably that some girls are getting them while others aren't. I get it. look, I like Riko, but I don't think she needs to have a solo single.

Wait what? what solo single? I didn't know about that. I thought Riko was doing a movie or something but not a single. I can't keep up.

Lurkette said:

Depends on what you're taking into consideration.

Agreed, I'm the first one to admit I don't have a clue of what I'm talking about. When it comes to sales Dempa and Ebichu are basically at the same level, I think Ebichu sold a bit more with their latest album and single. For the rest it's like Dempa wins at some points and Ebichu at others. For example I feel like Ebichu performs at more relevant venues and tv shows, while Dempa has more relevant CMs. Of course Dempa also does gravure so their bank account must be in good health :))

I never considered Dempa to be lightyears away from Ebichu, because I've always thought Dempa catered to a very specific demographic so they wouldn't be popular with the general public. I'm glad that they're more famous than I thought then, they deserve it.

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation
    April 5
    Ebichu [TV] Musata Haru no Special
    フジテレビ(Fuji TV)
    02:50 ~ 03:50
    ・Morning Musume'05(Iikubo Haruna, Kudo Haruka, Ogata Haruna)
    ・Idoling!!!(Kawamura Yui, Asahi Nao, Furuhashi Mayu, Sekiya Mayu)
    ・Dempagumi.inc(Furukawa Mirin, Fujisaki Ayane)
    Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku(Hoshina Mirei, Yasumoto Ayaka, Matsuno Rina, Kobayashi Kaho)
    ・ANGERME(Takeuchi Akari, Tamura Meimi)
    ・Juice=Juice(Miyamoto Karin, Takagi Sayuki)
    ・Mousou Calibration(Sakurano Usa, Futaba Nae)
    ・Country Girls(Ozeki Mai)
    ・Ohara Sakurako

• all9all9

March 2015
    371 Reputation
    Invader said:

Wait what? what solo single? I didn't know about that. I thought Riko was doing a movie or something but not a single. I can't keep up.

He just speaking his opinion about Riko... (She not really getting solo single)
    Solo work for member such as Movie, Magazine & Musical. (Only Mayama and aiai Released solo single in their own name.) But there're some member who doesn't getting solo work. That's it.

• InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation
    ^ oh, ok sorry I understood it wrong. At the end of the day we don't know if the girls who aren't getting solo work is because they don't want to. In my opinion the sad thing would be if they didn't let the girls had solo work and be at Ebichu at the same time, because more girls would leave the group or be unhappy. I don't think they're bitter or jelous of each other now.

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Momoka blog
    http://ameblo.jp/ariyasu-sd/entry-12008132983.html
    Yesterday was my pretty younger sister's birthday. (*^Θ^*)
    I want to sing with her again soon. ♡

• InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I've seen this pic around twitter. I don't know if it's from the backstage of Hinata's movie but she definitely looks badass.

Also so got a nice cake for her birthday.

Same pose :))

• all9all9

March 2015
    371 Reputation
    ^ First pic is rerulili (Nou Shou Sakuretsu Girl's Producer)

This is ofc twitter of live action http://twitter.com/noushou3902

• March 2015
    262 Reputation
    haha nice. I want to see that movie now.

• March 2015
    28 Reputation
    Lol they are putting Ebichu into darker stuff it seems, first Joker Game and now this new one :)) =))

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation
    April 8
    Hirota Aika [TV] Oja Map
    http://www.fujitv.co.jp/ojamap/index.html
    フジテレビ(Fuji TV)
    19:00~20:54

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation
    :D