General Discussion
  • July 2015
    469 Reputation
    Hair is such a matter of personal taste! XD

I slightly prefer her old style, but her new hair style looks good -- she reminds me a bit of Mari, the guitarist and singer from TsuShiMaMiRe (which is a good thing).

The way a person's hair is cut affects the apparent shape of their face, and a shorter cut tends to make the face look rounder. You can really see this with Mochi, but it also shows up with Mirei, as well -- the new cut does round out her face, while the old style emphasized her cheekbones more. But she looks good either way, and if she's happy with her new hairstyle, then it's fine with me.

• July 2015
    5201 Reputation
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/155444
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• July 2015
    75 Reputation
    asan said:

DrLudwig said:

Hey, short hair is fine on a guy, but it is simply not becoming of women, and especially unbecoming of idols.

Wow. Oh wait, you also were the gun nut. I see.

Mr. Asan, come on now. So we disagree on whatever point, its no big deal, but a little respect is in order. I know what comment you are referring to. I didn't bother to reply back then, but now that you drag it up again, I have to say that I find your lack of respect for others a little disappointing. And why are you always so rude to other people? I've observed a number of times where someone else here asks a question, then you come back at them as if you know everything and the other person asking was stupid for asking. Please cut that out.

Anyways, as always, thank you momomofu for the new pictures. In these Mirei's hair isn't quite as bad as I first thought, but I still dont care for it that short. Whatever, I'll get used to it I guess.

• July 2015
    469 Reputation
    And hair grows out, as well, so it may look different in a few weeks. With idol groups, I think that hair serves to help identify the individual members (particularly from a distance, i.e., when you're a million miles from the stage), it serves as a trademark for each member, and it gives some variety to the overall look of the group. So it is kind of unsettling when a member fo the group changes her hair style, but in way, I guess it fits into an overall group look (in this case, maybe Mirei's hair is shorter because Mochi's is getting longer).

On the other hand, if they cut Aiai's hair, I would have some serious trouble getting used to it. :))

• July 2015
    472 Reputation
    Random question, does anyone know if there's a live performance of "Kaimono Shiyouto Machida e" floating around on the internet yet?

• ebizoriebizori

July 2015
    2293 Reputation

Random question, does anyone know if there's a live performance of "Kaimono Shiyouto Machida e" floating around on the internet yet?

It seems there is no soon, waiting for video from "Join Alive"

• asan

July 2015
    462 Reputation
    DrLudwig said:

I still don't care for it that short.

That sounds a lot better than "unbecoming of women".

• July 2015
    5201 Reputation
    【HD】MEZAMASI LIVE.15 EBICHU 「ebiture」【私立恵比寿中学】

【HD】MEZAMASI LIVE.15 EBICHU 「オープニングMC 自己紹介」【私立恵比寿中学】

Ebichu [TV] Mezamashi Live 2015
    私立恵比寿中学「オーマイゴースト? ~わたしが悪霊になっても~」LIVE

私立恵比寿中学「誘惑したいや」LIVE

• InvaderInvader

July 2015
    1737 Reputation
    DrLudwig said:

asan said:

DrLudwig said:

Hey, short hair is fine on a guy, but it is simply not becoming of women, and especially unbecoming of idols.

Wow. Oh wait, you also were the gun nut. I see.

Mr. Asan, come on now. So we disagree on whatever point, its no big deal, but a little respect is in order. I know what comment you are referring to. I didn't bother to reply back then, but now that you drag it up again, I have to say that I find your lack of respect for others a little disappointing. And why are you always so rude to other people? I've observed a number of times where someone else here asks a question, then you come back at them as if you know everything and the other person asking was stupid for asking. Please cut that out.

Anyways, as always, thank you momomofu for the new pictures. In these Mirei's hair isn't quite as bad as I first thought, but I still dont care for it that short. Whatever, I'll get used to it I guess.

I think the problem was the wording. It's obviously fine if you don't like short hair on women but a lot of us do. It's not an universal truth that women look bad with short hair and it sounded like you were saying that. That's a common misunderstanding on the internet that's why I try to use "In my opinion" as much as I can :))

I think short hair is really common in the idol world so I don't see it as an "unidolish" thing. That Acchan (Atsuko Maeda) girl from AKB rocked a haircut similar to Mirei 2.0 most of the time and as far as I know she was the most popular idol in recent years.

And hair grows out, as well, so it may look different in a few weeks. With idol groups, I think that hair serves to help identify the individual members (particularly from a distance, i.e., when you're a million miles from the stage), it serves as a trademark for each member, and it gives some variety to the overall look of the group. So it is kind of unsettling when a member fo the group changes her hair style, but in way, I guess it fits into an overall group look (in this case, maybe Mirei's hair is shorter because Mochi's is getting longer).

On the other hand, if they cut Aiai's hair, I would have some serious trouble getting used to it.

Agreed, it's the shock that kills fans haha. Think about Kanako for example, there was a riot when she cut her hair (I love it though) but now after all this time what feels weird is to see her with long hair. Same with Yasumoto, I see pics of her when she had long hair and thank the universe for her short haircut.

aiai's hair on parts of the Tamakochan movie serves to prepare for an eventual haircut =))

• asan

July 2015
    462 Reputation
    Invader said:

It's not an universal truth that women look bad with short hair and it sounded like you were saying that.

No, it sounded like he was saying "short hair isn't becoming of women, as is work! They belong in the kitchen!". Is that really just me?

• InvaderInvader

July 2015
    1737 Reputation
    asan said:

Invader said:

It's not an universal truth that women look bad with short hair and it sounded like you were saying that.

No, it sounded like he was saying "short hair isn't becoming of women, as is work! They belong in the kitchen!". Is that really just me?
    True that saying "isn't becoming of women" sounds like "they should't be allowed to wear short hair". I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he just meant he does't like it, not that he thinks women should be forbbiden to have short hair.

I actually think the entertainment business in Japan is much more prominent in women with short hair which is a breath of fresh air I'm really thankful for because I love it. I'm also happy that the girls get to try new stuff over the years, unlike Perfume, for example, who are stuck with those haircuts because that's what the public recognizes.

• mocha21mocha21

July 2015
    380 Reputation
    this should be titled "top 15 reasons why short hair is the best hair"

• July 2015
    163 Reputation
    kanon so cute with short hair

• July 2015
    5201 Reputation
    DISH// [TV] Mezamashi Live 2015
    The DISH ~Tomaranai Seishun Shokuyoku Hen~

• ebizoriebizori

July 2015
    2293 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

this should be titled "top 15 reasons why short hair is the best hair"

and she else

http://vk.com/photo-81944799_373269430

• July 2015
    163 Reputation
    as long as rijuchan keeps her hair long, I'm happy

• ebizoriebizori

July 2015
    2293 Reputation

• July 2015
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    EbiChu's musical
    June 3, 2013
    Eastern SabuKaru(Subculture) Monogatari

• ebizoriebizori

July 2015
    2293 Reputation
    thanks, momomofu! No any videos as I see

• iman775iman775

July 2015
    660 Reputation
    Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku - Odaiba Yumetairiku Mezamashi Live 2015 #4 (2015.07.30 FujiTV NEXT)
    https://goo.gl/photos/y7ntueBdwHPqsSfq9

Spoiler: