Momokuro Concert Tickets – Advice for Overseas Fans?
  • April 2014
    65 Reputation
    This deserves it own topic. Can anyone out there offer advice?

kurisu27 said:

To the people who went to this years Haru no Ichidaiji: Can you tell me/us anything about how the ticket affairs where handled this time around?
    After reading through this -> http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=833 my hopes for visiting this years Natsu no Bakasawagi, which I plan to do somehow, dropped a bit.

I already knew that it would be a hard thing to do and maybe the only way would be to "be taken with" an other FC member with a spare ticket or something like this?
    So, does anyone know how the reality looks like? Is there any chance for someone not living in Japan to go to one of the major lives?

zombrex said:

That is information I would also like to know, maybe it would be possible to join the fan club using some type of Japanese buying service so its in your name then get them to purchase a ticket through the lottery.

For some recent big shows they've been using a system where each FC member can only buy one ticket, and once the lottery is done two ticket holders can request neighboring seats. There's a chance the summer show will work that way too, which means you can't even be taken with another member.

I did my own FC membership through two friends living in Japan (because it felt too much to ask any single person to do everything) - I filled the forms, then one paid the membership fee for me at a conbini and another provided an address for the beret and membership card to be sent to. Luckily, I was in Japan when the time came to pay for the actual concert ticket, so I could do that myself. If you don't have any friends in Japan, or you do but don't feel comfortable asking them to handle money for you, then yeah - there probably some kind of buying service that will do it for you for a fee.

I will be in Japan again this summer and will be trying to get a ticket to Baka Sawagi myself. Since it's two days at a huge venue, I hope it won't be too difficult.

MrGoat said:

If anyone has any concrete information on overseas fans ticket procedure i would really, really like to know. Me and my friend are planning a trip to Japan very soon. We have the time and the money but he is waiting on me because i need the trip to coincide with a momoclo concert. This is an imminent reality for me so any information would be massively appreciated. Particularly, any Japanese members who could advise/help get ticket in any way would be majorly appreciated. Unfortunately i don't know if i can make it to Natsu no Bakasawagi due to work constraints but i am open to any suggestions or advice. This is happening for me very soon and to be honest i still have very little idea how its going to work but i NEED it to work because part of the reason i am going to Japan is to see momoclo. I don't have any Japanese friends but if what you guys are saying is true i need to join the fan club and hope and pray. I know this issue has been raised before but i need concrete answers now more than ever! *sigh* Why is everything so difficult?!

• April 2014
    65 Reputation
    Whatever the solution, you should know that it is going to be expensive and inconvenient.

Probably the best solution is to have a Japanese friend living in Japan get you a membership. That's one thing I am considering, but it's a lot to ask of someone. Barring that, there are probably people who offer services to help you – for a large fee.

I have also been considering trying to get my own fan club membership via a shipping service like Danke Box. They give you a permanent Japanese mailing address, for a monthly fee. I already use them to buy goods and stuff from Japan. Because I do this often, the monthly fee makes sense for me (they will hold your packages and consolidate them into one package when you are ready to ship). You will most likely need a Japanese credit card for fan club, but I have friends who can help me with that.

Otherwise, you are looking at getting tickets through an auction site, where they will be heavily marked up, and there is no guarantee you will get into the concert because of all the security provisions.

I'm planning on going to Natsu no Bakasawagi this year, but I find myself in very lucky circumstances regarding tickets.

Perhaps there are members of the forum who can give advice on ways for foreign fans to attend concerts.

• April 2014
    60 Reputation
    Repost in this thread to keep order:

Thanks a lot for the infos so far!! :)

For some recent big shows they've been using a system where each FC member can only buy one ticket, and once the lottery is done two ticket holders can request neighboring seats. There's a chance the summer show will work that way too, which means you can't even be taken with another member.

Ok, didn't know that until now...not so good news... Up until now I was able to get through with resell tickets quite nicely...other things than Momokuro that is...
    So, as if this is true resell isn't an option for Momokuro...at least not the big shows...and FC membership is a MUST?!

I did my own FC membership through two friends living in Japan (because it felt too much to ask any single person to do everything) - I filled the forms, then one paid the membership fee for me at a conbini and another provided an address for the beret and membership card to be sent to. Luckily, I was in Japan when the time came to pay for the actual concert ticket, so I could do that myself. If you don't have any friends in Japan, or you do but don't feel comfortable asking them to handle money for you, then yeah - there probably some kind of buying service that will do it for you for a fee.

Probably the best solution is to have a Japanese friend living in Japan get you a membership. That's one thing I am considering, but it's a lot to ask of someone. Barring that, there are probably people who offer services to help you – for a large fee.

Hmm, maybe I can get this to work since I know a few people from work in Japan. Still, don't you have to be a resident of Japan to be able to join? I mean ok, an address where the membership card etc. can be send to is fine and all, but what about ID checks and stuff? In that case the address where you live will be an other one for sure....
    Also buying services and friends, well, aren't the tickets issued by name/member? Would come out as a "resell" ticket then and if they really do check that to the extend they are saying...

Whatever the solution, you should know that it is going to be expensive and inconvenient.

All Japan Ticket affairs are ;) don't ask what our Kalafina tickets did cost....

I will be in Japan again this summer and will be trying to get a ticket to Baka Sawagi myself. Since it's two days at a huge venue, I hope it won't be too difficult.

Yes, me to! Timeframe will be exactly around SummerDive, maybe this years a-nation island (or other festival) as backup plan, since it was quite easy to get tickets for that last year ^_^

MrGoat said:

This is happening for me very soon and to be honest i still have very little idea how its going to work but i NEED it to work because part of the reason i am going to Japan is to see momoclo.

Like mentioned before, if Bakasawagi isn't sadly an option for you because of work, then I would try to get hold of some kind of "festival" ticket. I'm pretty sure Momokuro will be doing a lot of these again this summer, maybe even a-nation again (would be the 3rd time in a row). It was a blast last year and I was able to get first class tickets a week before the show quite easily on ticket.co.jp (with the help of a buying service of course) Damn I was so close to the stage I'm even on the TV footage of the concert lol. This is certainly a backup plan for me this time again, and maybe that's also an option for you.

MrGoat said:

*sigh* Why is everything so difficult?!

because it's Japan (^_^)

Nevertheless once again, thanks for the input so far!!
    If anyone can offer further advice I think a lot of people would also appreciate :)

• April 2014
    22 Reputation
    kurisu27 said:

Hmm, maybe I can get this to work since I know a few people from work in Japan. Still, don't you have to be a resident of Japan to be able to join? I mean ok, an address where the membership card etc. can be send to is fine and all, but what about ID checks and stuff? In that case the address where you live will be an other one for sure....
    Also buying services and friends, well, aren't the tickets issued by name/member? Would come out as a "resell" ticket then and if they really do check that to the extend they are saying...

This one's easy - you get the service/friend to pay for you and provide an address in Japan, but make the membership on your own name. All they check at the gates is the name (a passport did the job for me) - they don't care if your real address is different than the listed one.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    Thanks for all the information so far guys! It's all really helpful and i know we can get to the bottom of this! :-?

Gotta dash to work but i will return for some real discussion! *game face on* :)>-

• April 2014
    60 Reputation

This one's easy - you get the service/friend to pay for you and provide an address in Japan, but make the membership on your own name. All they check at the gates is the name (a passport did the job for me) - they don't care if your real address is different than the listed one.

Ok, thats good news then, maybe I can get this to work somehow. Thanks!

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    From general discussion.
    momomofu said:

Momoclo will introduce a face authenticating method and a face authenticating system as the new personal identification method from NISSAN Stadium concert.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    that rules out any kind of resell tickets I guess. Much more so then before that is. Having said that, if you have AE membership the process itself seems quite straight forward though.

The major problem I'm encountering now is, that the FC form doesn't allow me to put in my name!
    As far as I understand are "MachineCharacters" not acepted. Since I simply do not have a name in Kanji...well... May I ask how the ones who already have done this managed to get their names accepted??

• May 2014
    22 Reputation
    kurisu27 said:

The major problem I'm encountering now is, that the FC form doesn't allow me to put in my name!
    As far as I understand are "MachineCharacters" not acepted. Since I simply do not have a name in Kanji...well... May I ask how the ones who already have done this managed to get their names accepted??

You should switch to a Japanese input method and either write your name in Katakana or in the "large" English characters you can get out of those methods.

Please note that you have to complete the face photo procedure by June 6 if you want to buy a fan club Nissan ticket.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    Katakana seemed to do the trick here.
    Thanks !

• eyelesseyeless

May 2014
    2265 Reputation
    The last time I tried to become FC member, I stucked in Japan Credit Card. Of course I dont have any.

• May 2014
    22 Reputation
    eyeless said:

The last time I tried to become FC member, I stucked in Japan Credit Card. Of course I dont have any.

Payment is something you'd most likely have to rely on a friend in Japan for. I didn't live in the Japan when I got my membership, so I had a friend go to a conbini and pay for me (I paid for the concert ticket the same way). Luckily, I do live here now so it will be so much easier when the time comes to renew...

Edit: You'll also need an address in Japan for them to send the card and beret to. Having a friend in Japan is useful here as well.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    No, it doesn't accept non-japanese credit cards! You eighter will have to be in Japan and pay at a conbini or ask someone in Japan to do it for you. I guess, if you don't have any contacts or friends by now, you could try a shopping service like FDJP.com or something and ask for such a "service".

As far as "writing your name in katakana" goes, we will see if this causes any problems. I guess it won't though. Especially if they do face-authentication now they won't need to rely on a name.

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Kurisu, if your applying for FC membership does that mean you have someone in Japan who's address you are using? If you would, please keep us informed of EVERY TINY DETAIL about your appllication procedure because i hope to be applying in the near future since i now have some Japanese contacts, even if they're not in Japan at the moment. :p And i mean, i know absolutely nothing about it, not even which website to go to so when your done any information would be hugely appreciated. :) Thanks in advance.

Also, when is NISSAN stadium this year? It's skipped my mind and i can't seem to find it on the calender...

• eyelesseyeless

May 2014
    2265 Reputation
    ^
    Natsu no bakasawagi nissan stadium concert is on July 26-27, if I remember correctly

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Thanks i thought it was the end of July but just in case i got it totally wrong i may have been Japan at the time...

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^^^
    yes, I thankfully have a really good contact in japan. As for today I got my AE Membership confirmed, card and "stuff" should be on it's way to my contact in Japan (who will eighter forward it to me or I pick it up once I'm in Japan again), got my ID already, login works....so far so good I guess.
    Mind you, I really can consider myself a lucky bastard to have such contacts who handled everything I can't do so smoothly for me. Don't even know how to thank them.

So, "how does this work" and "what do I need" you may ask.
    I'll try to put together some kind of guide later on.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    So, "how does this work" and "what do I need"

Mandatory things you really will need...
    - Japanese Input methods on your computer for typing in Katakana (--> like so --> クリス would be Chris and so on)
    - at least be able to write your Name in Katakana since Roman letters (even the full-width) didn't work for me.
    - valid address in Japan - since the ID card has to be shipped
    - valid phone number - I don't know if they check, guess not, but it won't let you enter dummy number or something.
    - valid e-mail address - don't need to explain that i think :)
    - valid JAPANESE CreditCard - "foreign" ones simply don't work (same with amazon.co.jp etc. btw.)
    or
    - a really good contact who does the payment at a conbini (FamilyMart, 7Eleven or something) for you!
    or
    - a "shopping/ticket service" which may do this for you...for a fee probably.
    - about 5700 YEN

Optional things which are "nice to have"...
    - at least some knowledge of the Japanese language and able to read some basic Kanji since this makes navigating and understanding a lot easier (obviously).
    Even if you use browser plugins or G-translate, understanding basics of the language helps A LOT in comprehending sentence details, believe me!
    - be already in Japan when the time comes to pay for tickets. I find this crucial since asking for bold favours like this + money involved...well I consider it kind of rude already...and mind you, I'm not Japanese. But that's just me I guess.

What to do...
    Basically everything is explained already on the homepage.
    http://tinyurl.com/l2r5mqr (direct Link)

Step 1.)
    Send a blank e-mail to regist(AT)momoclo.net.

Just wait a bit, and also check your Spam folder, and you will get a reply with a link to the registration form.

Step 2.)

First of comes the Member Agreement...you all know these... Read it (if you can), or not, and proceed with the button below.

Now comes the more tricky part, filling out the registration form:

- For starters choose a password with 8-16 characters.

- At the "Full Name" things start to get interesting since you will have to use Katakana here (at least I haven't been able to do otherwise). Chinese names/characters should work I guess, Korean..haven't tried yet but I don't think so...
    If you don't know how please learn at least this much Japanese and/or use the internet please :) Basically your name written "as it sounds" with Japanese phonetics.

- The Furigana have normally the function of "how the Kanji are spelled in this case" (don't know how to explain really). If you haven't got a name with Kanji or Chinese characters just use the same as above (Katakana).

- gender, birthday and phone number should be clear...
    As for the phone number, I don't know if they check, but you can't enter dummy things here or overseas numbers of course!
    (Please note that I cut the number in the picture short by 1 digit in case some psycho tries to call a FamilyMart in Shibuya....)

-Aaah...the address.... Japanese addresses are a wonderful thing, wonderfully complicated for Western logic. I won't explain here because a.) definitely haven't gotten it yet myself and b.) you have to have a contact or paid postbox service eighter way so you should have a complete address already.
    I've marked the different sections as good as I can in the picture below. Fact is, this HAS to be valid, since you will need your ID-card shipped.
    (and yes, this is also the same FamilyMart so DON'T use it)

- On the same page you can choose your nickname. Haven't encountered any problems with Roman or Japanese characters here. Can also be changed easily later on in the member area.

- You can also choose your "favourite member". This sets your style of the member area page for example and can also be changed later on again.
    (You'll want to select "Takagi Reni" here of course unless you are mental!) \(^__^)ノ

- last thing is if, or if not, you want to get a newsletter via e-mail..... well nothing to say here really.

If, like in our sample case here, the entered name is not considered valid, you will get this...

- If it's correct you will get to the summary screen where you can review your information and, if necessary, change things.
    - Please note that confirming this data is an irreversible step! You will get an email as confirmation and a link to the payment options as well.

Since this is just a demo registration I can't show you the next 2 sites. Basically it's nothing really that important.
    Basically just clicking next as far as I remember. You'll get similar confirmation like in the confirmation mail. The last step is in fact identical to the link in this mail.
    Which brings us to....

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    Step 3.)
    Selecting payment options:

you will either need a Japanese credit card (which means you probably live there and aren't reading this) or select a "payment portal" of your choice.
    By that I mean to pay at a convenience store (a few to select), ATM or similar.
    To do so you will either have to be in Japan or have a really good contact who is willing to handle the payment for you.
    If you are lucky to know someone who is helping you, just give her/him the link in the confirmation mail. All the info needed is there.

I know this can be a really tricky part and I'm sure the No1 question is "what if I aren't such a lucky bastard and don't know someone??"
    ...well honestly, I can't say for sure I know but...
    Fact is, there a literally a ton of shopping services in Japan, and I'm sure one or the other, or even many of them will in fact do this for you no problem at all....but at a fee ('tis their business after all).
    I don't think payment alone is the real deal breaker here, it surely CAN be done, but I won't lie, it could get a tad more complicated then having friends in JPN.
    To me, the thing with the address is more of a "complication" since this has to be a.) valid of courese and b.) accessible to you eight by pickup or forwarding!
    As mentioned by fellow members in other posts it would most likely be possible to get some rented "postbox" service. Which of course also will cost you.
    Can't comment on those since I have 0 experience but maybe it's worth a try. (Also a ton of these are available, use the internetz!)

Setp 4.)
    Once the payment is completed you will, once again, get another confirmation mail and - finally - your AE membership ID!
    Now it's "Welcome to AngelEyes" and you can login at fc.momoclo.net (with your ID and self set Password of course)

Step 5.)
    Your ID Card will be sent to your given address - as most who are reading this already know, you WILL need this one if you're planning on also entering the concert venue, not just staring at the gates in grief.
    It says you will get a notification once it's sent.

Other things to note are maybe that this is "just" a guide on how to join the fanclub.
    Applying for and getting actual tickets is an entirely different thing and might be an entirely different beast as well!
    All the info I have on the ticket applications and lottery are just vague at the moment...we'll see.

Well, that's about it...and that's about all I can provide for now since I haven't done anything further at this day.
    What can I say other than "so far so good".
    Still, I do hope this helps one or the other in getting at least one step closer to a Momoclo-Live!
    Is it worth the hassle... I don't know...well decide for yourself if you see them live :)

Ah...if something needs correcting or any additional information please feel free to add!

(Disclaimer: I hold myself NOT responsible for 100% correctness of all the information provided! The given information is based on my own experience and findings and not official in any form. Please do also note that I don't hold any rights or whatsoever of anything shown in the pictures. These are just for explanation and demonstration purposes. Furthermore I hold myself NOT responsible for any actions or consequences other people might experience when using any information given as above mentioned!)

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ THANK YOUUU! >.< That's really, really helpful thanks so much. Very clear and great explanation, this will help me massively. I think i'll apply soon-ish but I need to either find a Japanese contact or look into shipping services, i'll be in Japan for a few months after summer so hopefully i can pay myself like you did.

Really i can't thank you enough for this. :) It's DEFINITELY brought me one step closer to a momoclo live and i will be using this information to great effect in the near future. :)

... Thank you! :D

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^ you're welcome!
    I'll try to provide further details once the "photo authentication" starts, which in fact will be from today (JPN time) on.
    Since I guess this in fact will be also used for future shows this may be helpful also later on.

Furthermore it seems that for the upcoming NissanStadium it will be possible for AE members to apply for 2 tickets per show...which is a good thing I think! (since you won't be going alone usually)

...so then...I'll be better back to learning Japanese

cheers