Momokuro Concert Tickets – Advice for Overseas Fans?
  • qx123

May 2014
    64 Reputation
    Thanks Kurisu for the guide.

Would like to hear your updates.

So you sign up for the fan club with getting your contact in Japan to pay at Combini or something right?

Would also like to hear from you how you apply and pay for your tickets using Angel Eyes. If i doesnt see it wrongly the photo authentication means you don't even
    need a physical ticket to enter the premise? it is based on website authetication with your photo or something.

Awaiting your news.

Sorta envious that you can go to their live :)

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^ you're welcome too of course.

qx123 said:

So you sign up for the fan club with getting your contact in Japan to pay at Combini or something right?

Yes exactly. To pay for "stuff" at a conbini/vending maschine is pretty comon in Japan, so it's also an option for payment. Short version: you get a code -> enter at machine -> put money (or CreditC) in -> get ticket (+ receipt, you get an receipt for everything in japan :P).

qx123 said:

Would also like to hear from you how you apply and pay for your tickets using Angel Eyes. If i doesnt see it wrongly the photo authentication means you don't even
    need a physical ticket to enter the premise? it is based on website authetication with your photo or something.

No, you WILL need a ticket of course! The face authentication was, to my knowledge of information, only introduced to speed up the ID checks at the concerts!

qx123 said:

Sorta envious that you can go to their live :)

Keep in mind that this process mainly applies only to Momoclo's big concerts!
    I can also highly recommend checking out the many festivals and especially a-nation Island GF14! REALLY easy to get tickets via resell market and not even that expensive!
    In fact pretty much everyone can do this, all you need is "to be in Japan at the right time"

• qx123

May 2014
    64 Reputation
    ^
    Well for smaller artiste - much likelier to get tickets via lottery release and even on rare occasions that can't, resale is always a good way to go.
    For bigger artiste - not much luck with lottery release and so can only resort to resale.
    Resale is not a big problem. We just pay more and we get to choose good seats. And no need to trouble contacts to help.

The problem now is that you cannot really get any tickets for momoclo one man lives via resale and lottery is generally no way to go so the only
    practical means is lottery via angel eyes which is quite troublesome.

The many festivals is a good means because they don't enforce any security checks. So far i only know momoclo and AKB are strict on this.
    But we all wanna go to momoclo big concerts don't we?

Dear Kurisu, can i also check if momoclo lives required your ticket to be printed with your name + your AE id card (if via AE lottery) + photo authentication via momoclo ticket in momoclo website.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^
    Yes that is true, for smaller acts it "may" be quite OK to go with lottery, but even then it's more or less a game of roulette.

In the case of Momoclo it's nowadays pretty much impossible to get hold of tickets in any other way than AE! Rumor has it that nearly up to 80% are in fanclub tickets (and I guess nearly everyone who applies for tickets is AE member anyway). The rest is then thrown out afterwards and, let's be realistic here, impossible to get from overseas and nearly impossible if you're in Japan! I think it might even have been "first come first serve" last time, but I'm not really sure about that. Could also be lottery. (still, doesn't matter since both are basically impossible for overseas fans)

Festivals are rather different here as explained before. And convenient too because of resell availability.
    Furthermore my a-nation tickets last year were "kind of" cheap and I still was able to be near the front (even on the live recording a couple of times actually).

As for the tickets itself:
    I am 99% positive on the tickets being printed with Name and ID in addition to photo authentication + ID card.
    Furthermore I do believe that also the "Public" tickets will be printed with name!

As far as the photo ID goes. Mine went through already. Do mind that it may take up to or over a week until your picture might get approved.
    Please excuse that I didn't take any screenshots of the process itself. Still, it is SO straight forward that you should be fine. Basically a couple of "next, next, next" clicks, an email link and an upload.
    You get there via Link.

The other thing to note about photo ID:
    It seems every member is able to apply for 2 tickets. The photo ID process though is ONLY necessary for the AE member itself.
    The person accompanying doesn't need this, but can't enter the venue on her/his own of course!

• qx123

May 2014
    64 Reputation
    Thanks! I won't make it for the Nissan stadium. Too late for me to even get tix anyway. But will be looking at how I can get for myself membership at AE for next time use.

Will be looking closely and learn from your experience!

• May 2014
    22 Reputation
    Registration for AE Nissan tickets started today. As have been mentioned before, this time members can apply for 2 tickets for each day. The excessive amount of webpages leading to the application page are even more packed with warnings than ever before ("You do know you have to register a face photo, right? Right? Right?!!"), but the procedure is painless if everything's in order.

In a fit of madness I applied for a ticket to both days. If I get only one, fine. If I get both, I guess I'll use this free hotel stay coupon I have (I live a 2 hour train ride away, which is a little excessive for two days) and make it a Momoclo-matsuri weekend.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^ Pretty much the same here.
    Went through the application process myself today. Also for both days of course since either one is fine by me and both would just be awesome :)
    Really a LOT of warnings and stuff, but even with my small knowledge of Japanese and sometimes troubles with honorific language used on websites it was pretty much straight forward.

Still don't know if my credit card gets accepted once it comes to payment, but we will see.
    Otherwise I'll have to count on my contacts again, which I tried to avoid but if it can't be helped I hope they can help me out again.

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed for every fellow Mononofu who has applied!!
    Good luck to all of you!!

(maybe there will be a 2nd chance run again though. If I recall correctly that was the case last time around)

• qx123

May 2014
    64 Reputation
    ^ hi kurisu,

By that do you mean to say the application for membership - overseas credit definitely is not accepted. But you will try to see if purchase of tickets can be via overseas credit card?

Oh dear, i tried to sign up for an angel eyes card using tenso. Not sure whether it will work or not.
    Did follow your faq and click Takagi Reni as the oshi member because i am not mental. *laughs*

Aw, tenso doesnt provide this service. Any idea which other service i can used to sign up for membership?

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^
    Yes, that is basically what I mean. For the membership payment at least my CreditCard did not work! I guess it won't work for the ticket purchase either, still I was able to enter my CC details on the page, so who knows, maybe it does use an other gateway which works. (Bought stuff from other Fanshops, so for some services they do work).
    If all fails I can use Conbini again.

I am sorry to hear that! Unfortunately no, I have no idea what particular service you could try since I've never used a post-forwarding service myself.
    I used FDJP.com a couple of times for other stuff too. Very helpful and reliable! Still, I doubt they will provide such service since they specialize only in middleman buying services.
    On the other hand you don't really have to be in a rush right now since it's already too late at least for Bakasawagi14. You can't apply for tickets as a new member right now, they had a deadline.
    So you have plenty of time to find a way (at least until Fall or even Winter I guess)!

and of course.... thank you for making the correct choice with Taka-san! :)

• qx123

June 2014
    64 Reputation
    By the way, can i ask what happen after one join the fan club?

Basically we won't be receiving anything apart from the membership card right? and maybe ticket if we apply for it? (is there also the option which instead
    of them mailing, is we go to combini to print out ourselves?)

Thanks!

• June 2014
    22 Reputation
    You also get the Angel Eyes white beret along with your membership card. The member card is magnetic and have to be sent to an actual address in Japan.

Concert tickets are always available for printing at a combini, and if they aren't it's because it's a big show where they print your ticket at the doors in the venue itself.

• qx123

June 2014
    64 Reputation
    Thank you for the info.

Not sure if i should be happy they are giving a white beret or feel painful because it will mean additional shipping charge to receive it back home. *laughs*

• June 2014
    22 Reputation
    Well, I got a Nissan ticket for Sunday, failed to get one for Saturday. The part of me that was getting used to the idea of going both days is disappointed, but I guess it's actually healthier (and better for my bank account) not to do two exhausting stadium shows in the middle of the summer day after day.

• qx123

June 2014
    64 Reputation
    ^ oh dear, if a AE like you cant get two days then a public buyer i am ... whats the chances of getting it. :(

• June 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^^ yep, same for me, also got Tickets for Sunday!
    actually I'm quite happy about the outcome I have to say. Sure, 2days would have been a total blast, but I guess due to the enormous amount of applications for this one we are more than lucky to get Sunday!!
    Also I'm sure both days will be equally awesome, maybe I'm going to hang around Nissan Stadium on Saturday too, just for the fun of it :)

@qx123:
    I wish you best of all luck for the lottery! I wouldn't bet on 2 days though unfortunately.

Cheers and congratulations to all fellow members who got tickets!

• qx123

June 2014
    64 Reputation
    Oh dear, since I am going to fly all the way just to see show I sorta want both days. Might be a make or break decision whether to fly or not heh. Or I might be too hook to them that even one day suffice. But yeah, I think I might not even get one due to the demand But its crazy. That Big a stadium and no tix. Momoclo is really Big.

• June 2014
    91 Reputation
    A belated and probably pointless remark in this otherwise useful thread.

I also applied as an AE member (a process initiated after my miserable failure for the March events) for both days and won a ticket for Sunday only.

Not really a problem, since I decided "to be there" in any case, and I may try the option of live viewing for Saturday.

There are certainly not enough cases to define a "trend", but it's a curious coincidence anyway....

• qx123

June 2014
    64 Reputation
    Hi Lynn, I too have heard many AE only got one days. Aw momoclo is so popular. I probably can't get any tix tml. Sigh.

• qx123

June 2014
    64 Reputation
    Anyone have spare tix for 26/7 or 27/7 ?

• June 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^ Sorry mate, since I'm travelling together with a good friend of mine naturally the 2nd ticket is for him. (I bet he would kill me if I were to leave him behind when going to Bakasawagi).
    Also sorry to hear that you haven't gotten any tickets yet. The general lottery is really tough afaik.
    But, it seems you get another chance - round 2 is open for application --> LINK

General update concerning AE: for those who are wondering, YES it seems even non-Japanese credit cards work for the momoclo-ticket platform (Platform for AE Members)!
    (I may update my instruction post once I got a little bit more time)