[ALBUM] 3rd Anaakii(穴空 / Anarchy)
  • April 2016
    59 Reputation
    Very nice and interesting track-by-track review Invader :)
    I'm waiting for my copy to turn up some day next week :P
    When I first heard Kinpachi I didn't like it, but now I think it's one of the best and strongest J-Pop albums I've ver heard so it's going to be a hard one to break :)

Oh and thank you momomofu for all the translations and lyrics :)

• April 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(April 23)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-04-23/
    1. 15,757 Oda Kazumasa
    2. *3,444 Himuro Kyousuke
    3. *3,423 Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE
    12. **,*** Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku

Anarchy
    1st - 33,857
    2nd - **,***
    3rd - **,***
    4th - **,***
    5th - **,***

• vimoralvimoral

April 2016
    1424 Reputation
    Oricon(April 24)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-04-24/
    1. 26,876 Oda Kazumasa
    2. *4,145 Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE
    3. *3,744 Himuro Kyousuke
    8. **,*** Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku

Anarchy
    1st - 33,857
    2nd - **,***
    3rd - **,***
    4th - **,***
    5th - **,***
    6th - **,***

• April 2016
    88 Reputation
    I got my copies of the album today! I got both limited editions and left out the regular one despite the fact that I love the cover, just because I didn't really see much point in having a 3rd copy of the album that served no purpose to me other than the trading card (if there even is one).

I think this is such a good album! It's weird listening to it as a full album because I just recently got Perfume's new album which had a bunch of completely new stuff on the album, whereas with Anaakii there's so much new stuff but they've released a lot of it ahead of time via performances, promotions and iTunes. But it's definitely not a totally bad thing because it's a really strong album anyway and we haven't had long to get to know the songs themselves.

I absolutely love every song on the album though. They're all really really good in their own ways and I think that's why I love the fact that Ebichu always have such a huge variety of producers and writers: because we end up with a bunch of great stuff that sounds completely different. The ones that are going to be in constant rotation for me for a while probably are Nikibi, Bangou uta 2, Mabui ragga typhoon (even though it's only an interlude it's great and totally listenable) and Sanmaime no tough gaki (which completely surprised me because I expected something really really weird but it's actually really really good).

As far as the packaging goes, it's really great. They both have booklets with great pictures and illustrations to suit each version. They probably could've called them Anaakii-ban and Chikuwa-ban instead of A and B because both of them run with the those themes. The B edition is so cute. It has a bunch of really cute chikuwa illustrations inside and it's really simple and elegant, which is great compared to the chaos going on in the A edition. The lyrics booklet has some really great pictures of each of the girls throughout it as well. I took some pictures of the inside parts / the trading cards I got (Rina and Riko).

Spoiler:

All in all I'm so happy with this album. It competes with Kinpachi for me but I'd consider them in different leagues because they're just very different to me. It's a solid 9/10 from me.

Also on a side note, did anyone else notice that the mix / mastering for Nikibi is completely different? Their vocals have way more echo on them throughout, the 'paiya paiya...' part sounds like it's sung by children instead of the girls now, and the part Kaho and Ayaka sing towards the end sounds like they're in a shower or something. Just thought it was interesting. But then in general the whole album is mixed and mastered waaaaay better than we've heard so far with the iTunes singles and such.

• April 2016
    154 Reputation
    I absolutely adore the album too! And seeing the songs live as well, and seeing Hinata smiling and performing even if she's still recovering... it's been a great time to be an Ebichu fan!

• vimoralvimoral

April 2016
    1424 Reputation
    After listening to conscience it's clear to me that is a great album and I can't stop listen it !. Moratorium Haruyasumi Chugakusei is for me the great song of this album (do not understand why it has not been the principal single).
    When I started listening to Ebichu I read a comment of one person who said they had the best track list of all Stardust groups and the truth is that now I support this thought 100%.

• ebizoriebizori

April 2016
    2293 Reputation
    "they had the best track list of all Stardust groups" - yeah, no doubt

• April 2016
    242 Reputation
    I usually order my CDs from CD Japan, but this time it doesn't let me select regular air mail, so the shipping costs are over double the usual. I won't let myself get shafted, so does anyone have a suggestion for other sites to order the album from?

• vimoralvimoral

April 2016
    1424 Reputation
    Oricon(April 25)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-04-25/
    1. 9,322 Oda Kazumasa
    2. *2,479 Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE
    3. *2,018 Himuro Kyousuke
    9. **,*** Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku

Anarchy
    1st - 33,857
    2nd - **,***
    3rd - **,***
    4th - **,***
    5th - **,***
    6th - **,***
    7th - **,***

• April 2016
    88 Reputation
    Amagi822 said:

I usually order my CDs from CD Japan, but this time it doesn't let me select regular air mail, so the shipping costs are over double the usual. I won't let myself get shafted, so does anyone have a suggestion for other sites to order the album from?

Amazon JP have pretty reasonable priced items and shipping costs considering they cover all the customs and stuff for you (though that isn't a problem for all countries). The only downside is that they don't ship before the release dates and obviously in most countries there aren't deliveries on weekends, so because Japanese music is usually released on Wednesday it means that sometimes I don't get my package until the monday - which was the case this time with Anaakii, but not with the last thing I bought that arrived on the Friday. Downside is obviously that Amazon JP don't offer cheaper shipling options so it's DHL express AmazonGlobal or nothing which is a shame. Other than that I don't know!

• April 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Weekly result
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2016-05-02/
    1. 130,625 Oda Kazumasa
    2. *42,186 Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku
    3. *26,974 DORAMATSU

• InvaderInvader

April 2016
    1737 Reputation

Amagi822 said:

Amazon JP have pretty reasonable priced items and shipping costs considering they cover all the customs and stuff for you (though that isn't a problem for all countries). The only downside is that they don't ship before the release dates and obviously in most countries there aren't deliveries on weekends, so because Japanese music is usually released on Wednesday it means that sometimes I don't get my package until the monday - which was the case this time with Anaakii, but not with the last thing I bought that arrived on the Friday. Downside is obviously that Amazon JP don't offer cheaper shipling options so it's DHL express AmazonGlobal or nothing which is a shame. Other than that I don't know!

I wouldn't exactly say Amazon JP covers customs, since they charge you for it in advance, so for me it's not an option because the price increases a lot. That depends on the country though, it's best to try putting it on the basket and checking how much it'll end up costing.

Does Anarchy come with a poster? Because I suspect that's the problem in CD Japan now. I had another order of a CD that came with a poster and they told me it was either charging me more for the shipping or removing the poster. So contacting CDJapan and asking about it might be an option.

At the end of the day I ended up ordering from Yeasia because I was angry at CD Japan for trying to charge more for an order twice in a row. The good thing about YesAsia is free shipping for orders over 39$ (though normal price of CD's can be higher and they don't include posters).

• April 2016
    469 Reputation
    I saw how much CDJapan was charging, and I just thought, "I don't know what they're doing, but I don't like it!" So I went with YesAsia -- I bought the B version, and to bring the total cost of the order to $39.00+, I threw in a Lovendor single that I didn't have.

• April 2016
    242 Reputation
    Oh yeah, I see, it's the poster that's pushing the package past the limits on dimensions for cheapskate shipping. That's what's making it expensive for me. I'll see if I can't order it from YesAsia or Amazon instead. Thanks for the suggestions!

• April 2016
    59 Reputation
    Yeah, I didn't know I was gonna get a fucking poster with it, so the shipping was über expensive.
    Though it took a week to get it so I'm happy.. and yeah, I got the album today and it's really awesome! :)

I don't like the actual album cover since.. well since it looks like a turd with a hole in it.
    Why coulnd't the slipcase cover be the same? Or skip the slipcase and just use that image as an album cover instead?
    And I got Aika Hirota's card, which is okay.. I wanted Riko's but that will never happen :P

• April 2016
    154 Reputation
    Songs of the album for me are Popcorn Tone, Mission Survivor, and Moratorium Haruyasumi Chugakusei I loved already, but it's gone up even more since seeing the live performance. It's really good live!

Someoneelse,, if i get Riko's I'll swap with you.. But i'm hoping for Hinata,, naturally :D

• April 2016
    88 Reputation
    Invader said:

I wouldn't exactly say Amazon JP covers customs, since they charge you for it in advance, so for me it's not an option because the price increases a lot. That depends on the country though, it's best to try putting it on the basket and checking how much it'll end up costing.

This is true. It makes most sense for me in the UK because the companies that deliver in the UK for EMS and Air Mail (Parcelforce and Royal Mail) are absolutely awful and their holding fees for customs are ridiculous. On average I used to spend like £50 every time on CDJapan and 9 times out of 10 I got slapped with a custom charge which meant that they'd A.) hold my package for about a week, sometimes even longer depending on how long it would take for their bloody letter to arrive which is the only way you can get the reference number to play the customs charge and B.) make me pay on average £25 extra for items I already paid for. Amazon JP paying ahead of time does mean it's more but I've tested things and I've found that even with their charges it's STILL slightly cheaper than CDJapan even before the customs charges I'd get when they arrived in the UK. If I were to order Anaakii Limited A+B from CDJ with EMS it would cost £74~ before customs is even considered, but if I did the same with Amazon JP it's only £69~ and I don't have to stress about whether or not I'm going to have to save some customs buffer money. Only downside is that Amazon don't always have the external bonuses that CDJapan have. But for Ebichu stuff they're misleading because it always says they have trading cards as a bonus but the trading cards are always in there as far as I'm aware. So unless I'm dying for a poster or something it's not worth the extra money.

• April 2016
    59 Reputation
    Diamondo said:

Songs of the album for me are Popcorn Tone, Mission Survivor, and Moratorium Haruyasumi Chugakusei I loved already, but it's gone up even more since seeing the live performance. It's really good live!

Someoneelse,, if i get Riko's I'll swap with you.. But i'm hoping for Hinata,, naturally :D

Popcorn Tone and Mission Survivor was really good, I agree :)
    Haha that would be cool, nice of you :)
    Btw, I actually got Hinata and Matsuno I believe for my Superhero CDs :)

• vimoralvimoral

April 2016
    1424 Reputation

• April 2016
    59 Reputation
    Great song!
    I don't know if anyone already have put it up here, but I found this while watching the video vimoral linked here:

And I really like those behind the scenes/making of videos.