What's your guys opinion on Ayaka Sasaki's singing voice?
  • MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation

MM305 said:

but if you find yourself dwelling or being surrounded by Western pop culture (for example), you'll noticed the heavy criticism/insults of idols/boy bands/girl groups of 1D, Fifth Harmony, JB, and others to name.

No I haven't noticed this to be a problem particular to boy-girl-etc groups.
    There are people who hate this. And there are people who hate that. Some have reasons. Others don't.
    Stop giving importance to these matters and it won't be a problem anymore.

PS: Might I say that in my youth I was a fan of Deep Purple and Led Zep. And we despised the Bay City Rollers with a vengeance!
    In the end it's all irrelevant :-)

I'm not saying it's a problem for boy bands/girl groups (especially since they are still successful either way). I'm pointing out that despite their undeniable success, they still get criticized heavily for playing the "love game" role. Search up any video about these idols I mentioned, and you'll read endless amount of insults and negativity.

And those who do such things to them and their fans for it are LIKELY people who are fans of idols themselves who play a similar role.

• InvaderInvader

March 2016
    1737 Reputation
    MM305 said:

I'm not saying it's a problem for boy bands/girl groups (especially since they are still successful either way). I'm pointing out that despite their undeniable success, they still get criticized heavily for playing the "love game" role. Search up any video about these idols I mentioned, and you'll read endless amount of insults and negativity.

And those who do such things to them and their fans for it are LIKELY people who are fans of idols themselves who play a similar role.

If you open any youtube video it's going to be filled with negativity, that's just how people work. Once again the thing you have to do is enjoy the things you like without worrying about what other people think.

I love japanese idols and some korean idols because I enjoy them more. It's actually easier for me to find japanese concerts thanks to JPS and H!O so I can watch a ton of performances which always helps me get more involved in the music. Once you go into the underground idol rabbit hole there's no coming back, and there are some things there that I can't find in the american/european mainstream idols.

If it makes anyone feel better I'll make the confession that back in the day I really liked Girls Aloud (Call the shots it's still awesome) :)) Boy groups are not for me, but I'm sure that if I give fifth harmony a chance I might enjoy them, and I actually think Ariana Grande has talent but usually she's not given the right songs for me to follow her.

At the end of the day I think the first thing any idol fan must learn is how to be open minded and know that not everyone is going to like the same things as you and other people might enjoy things you don't like, the key is just let everyone be happy with whatever groups they choose to follow. Thankfully mononofus tend to be some of the most welcoming people around.

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation
    Invader said:

MM305 said:

If you open any youtube video it's going to be filled with negativity, that's just how people work. Once again the thing you have to do is enjoy the things you like without worrying about what other people think.

I love japanese idols and some korean idols because I enjoy them more. It's actually easier for me to find japanese concerts thanks to JPS and H!O so I can watch a ton of performances which always helps me get more involved in the music. Once you go into the underground idol rabbit hole there's no coming back, and there are some things there that I can't find in the american/european mainstream idols.

If it makes anyone feel better I'll make the confession that back in the day I really liked Girls Aloud (Call the shots it's still awesome) :)) Boy groups are not for me, but I'm sure that if I give fifth harmony a chance I might enjoy them, and I actually think Ariana Grande has talent but usually she's not given the right songs for me to follow her.

At the end of the day I think the first thing any idol fan must learn is how to be open minded and know that not everyone is going to like the same things as you and other people might enjoy things you don't like, the key is just let everyone be happy with whatever groups they choose to follow. Thankfully mononofus tend to be some of the most welcoming people around.

Exactly! My whole point here is that there are people who don't let people be happy enjoying those idols I mentioned, making them feel disgraceful for liking such idols!

Yet, those same people who do such things like other idols who play a similar role to the idols they ridicule.

• March 2016
    273 Reputation
    Okay

• March 2016
    449 Reputation
    Yeah, you've said that like 6 times now. Calm down. It's really not that big of a deal.

• March 2016
    220 Reputation
    soooooooooooooooo...hope everyone is having a great day today...

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation
    what did i miss? is "let's troll mononofu" day or what?

• March 2016
    322 Reputation
    Aarin's singing voice is pretty good, ain't it?

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

what did i miss? is "let's troll mononofu" day or what?

It's not trolling, I'm just making a point about a subject made in this thread. But now you all seem to get it, so enjoy!!

• InvaderInvader

March 2016
    1737 Reputation
    Shouldn't we all go into the general discussion thread and talk about something? It's funny how conversations about the actual things the girls are doing right now seem to flop but when it's unrelated ranting we all comment :))

• March 2016
    3398 Reputation
    MM305 said:

But now you all seem to get it

Man, it's torture not to reply to that!! Especially as it would be such an easy score...
    But I'll be a good boy and refrain from doing so :)

And yeah Aarin has improved greatly over the past years, hasn't she!

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation

While it's not perfect, it adds on to her kawaii & charming personality! I feel giving her the biggest hug ever given!!!

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation

MM305 said:

But now you all seem to get it

Man, it's torture not to reply to that!! Especially as it would be such an easy score...
    But I'll be a good boy and refrain from doing so!

Why do you feel like responding to negatively about this? I was only making a point here and you (and everyone else) seem to understand it now. So there's no point for to continue on with this, right?

That's what I was trying say when I mentioned about you all getting my point!

• March 2016
    3398 Reputation
    *sigh*

Just forget it and let's move on

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation

*sigh*

Just forget it and let's move on

Very well!! ;)

• March 2016
    487 Reputation
    I feel like we need a discussion to rant about things

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation
    AMomonofu said:

I feel like we need a discussion to rant about things

What things?

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation
    Ok, i will say just this:

Opinions are good. Opinions are welcome. Even the most unpopular ones, since they sometimes make you see thing on a different way. Outside the box, so to speak.

BUT opinions are subjective.

And as such, they are susceptible of being not only refuted but even ridiculized. Because that's what is expected on a forum. Do you think Momoka is overrated as a singer? Good. But if you openly say so, dont expect people to pat you in the back and say "right? I think so too! Gimme five!" That isnt how things are. And even worse on a forum, when the anonimity of the net allows posters to be openly rude.

People should know better, that certain comments are bait for posters on a forum to go for the jugular over the OP, so...

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Ok, i will say just this:

Opinions are good. Opinions are welcome. Even the most unpopular ones, since they sometimes make you see thing on a different way. Outside the box, so to speak.

BUT opinions are subjective.

And as such, they are susceptible of being not only refuted but even ridiculized. Because that's what is expected on a forum. Do you think Momoka is overrated as a singer? Good. But if you openly say so, dont expect people to pat you in the back and say "right? I think so too! Gimme five!" That isnt how things are. And even worse on a forum, when the anonimity of the net allows posters to be openly rude.

People should know better, that certain comments are bait for posters on a forum to go for the jugular over the OP, so...

I didn't make my point for you guys to agree with me, but to state the irony of the situation.

This conversation happened because I asked the fans (who admitted here that good singing was not one of the main reasons they like MCZ) to explain what reasons made you a MCZ fan?

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation

Ah, i was watching an old Momoclochan episode the weekend (around Summer dive 2013). .. there was a bit when she started to sing on a deep voice - closer to the pitch she has when she speaks normally.

I just cant get enough of the possibilities if she stepped out of the "Idol among Idols" bit and went on a different path