How is Ayaka referred to as "The Slightly Sexy" Idol?
  • MM305

January 2016
    436 Reputation
    It's not to say she is not a good looking girl and/or there may be some guys who are into her, but it's just I've never understood how she is referred to as "sexy". To me, the whole phrase just sounds like it's the alternative way of saying she is "the most charming" idol in MCZ, because that's what she certainly is: Charming!

But other than that, what does she wear, acts, or even dresses that is any different compared to the other members of MCZ (other than the color)? Like the stuff she does that may seem or qualify her as "the sexy idol" is moslty something that I have seen (AT LEAST) 1 other member do as well: The outfits with the bare midriffs early on in their career with Akari, the winking/blowing kisses to the crowd or camera, the really short christmas dresses in the "Santa-san" music video, etc.

So really, how is she referred to as "sexy" if most of the stuff that she does is something that (AT LEAST) 1 other member has done? Iss it just an alternative way of saying she's the most charming member?

• January 2016
    264 Reputation
    MCZ have always tried to steer away from the whole sex vibe that some other idol groups have. In my opinion they have mostly succeeded with this, with a few exceptions (looking at you, Kimi to Sekai music video!). I've always figured that the "slightly sexy" line was a way that management tried to shoehorn SOME sex appeal in there, just to cater to that fanbase. Now that MCZ have become big enough to stand their own ground completely without the sex appeal the line has become a bit redundant, but I guess it's stayed because it's tradition, even though I don't really think anyone takes it seriously anymore. Same with the Shiori's "everyone's little sister". She's kind of abandoned that persona, imo, but it'd be strange if she removed the title completely.

• January 2016
    1238 Reputation
    I always just assumed it had to do with her being the most femininely shaped one of the group... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• January 2016
    372 Reputation
    Like RedPyramidHead said: she has the biggest boobs. Tits. Breasteses. おっぱい.

And yes, Momoclo are selling music, dancing, and comedy, not sex. But they, and Japan in general, are not afraid of sex. Just because they're not selling it (and make a point about being different from other idols precisely by NOT SELLING SEX), doesn't mean they're afraid to acknowledge their sexuality. Japan isn't Christian (or Muslim, or Jewish). They don't consider sex a taboo.

The reason why they don't sell sex is because selling art is a lot more challenging (and therefor rewarding) than selling sex, not because there's anything wrong with sex (or selling it, while we're at it). In fact, Momoclo's producers (mainly Kawakami, I assume) only came to the realization that steering away from sex is a good idea about three years ago. Before that, they were fine with it. So it's definitely not any kind of moral choice.

• MM305

January 2016
    436 Reputation
    @stansfield123 I like that they go for that as well. But I'm just wondering why did Ayaka get that nickname when she really doesn't do stuff that is much different compared to the other idols.

Besides, even if she does have a nice pair, there hasn't been any videos of her showing it off (or even any other assett)!

• January 2016
    38 Reputation
    She's the visual and feminine member with a flamboyant personality, it just kinda fits the role, imo

Also did this deserve a thread

• January 2016
    372 Reputation
    MM305 said:

@stansfield123 I like that they go for that as well. But I'm just wondering why did Ayaka get that nickname when she really doesn't do stuff that is much different compared to the other idols.

Besides, even if she does have a nice pair, there hasn't been any videos of her showing it off (or even any other assett)!

I thought I answered that: She doesn't show it off, because they don't sell sex. She acknowledges it, because they're not afraid of sex.

To be honest, it's not that different from what most girls I know do: I live in Europe, which is pretty non-religious, and girls around here talk about sex pretty freely...but they only act on it privately. Which seems like the way to go.

• January 2016
    3398 Reputation

Also did this deserve a thread

It would have been a fine question for the general discussion thread
    http://momoiroclover.net/discussion/comment/24924#Comment_24924
    Not really necessary to make a new thread for every single question IMHO

I think even in Japan not all of society appreciates grown men looking at underage girls in bikinis
    Which is what the idol industry was living upon for a long time (and still is)
    So while it was not a moral issue (after all it's the music industry :) ) it was a clever decision to bypass sexual selling points
    Thereby gaining a strong non-idol and female fandom
    So making Ahrin the slightly sexual idol is a nice pun on the situation

That and that fact with the big boobs of course (which she did tease Kanako with on her birthday (the pie thing) as some may remember)

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    This is actually the biggest sexy thing Aarin has ever done:

Quite shocking (though it was a cute performance)!

• knot555

February 2016
    27 Reputation
    MM305. More sexually orientated posts I see? Where I'm from you come across as creepy and a danger to kids. Try the dark web

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    knot555 said:

MM305. More sexually orientated posts I see? Where I'm from you come across as creepy and a danger to kids. Try the dark web

It's not like I was intentionally searching for sexual vids, I just happened to stumbled on it like any other Momoclo vids. Plus, this thread is about why Auaka is referred to as slightly sexy, so this video completely relates to the topic.

Plus, I'm an uncle of 4 toddlers (3 who are female), so I'm the last guy who would want any dirty interest!

• February 2016
    372 Reputation
    knot555 said:

I don't believe you. I don't believe that where you come from people throw around pedophile accusations this lightly.

In fact, I'm confident that, in your real life, you've never ever, even once dared to accuse someone of being a pedophile. I bet you only do it online, where people can't actually walk up to you and make you explain yourself.

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    Exactly. I actually believe that what fans of idols in Japan say is mostly the case: they find these young idols to be more as cute figures than sexy figures.

My problem is that I live in America. If Selena Gomez/Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande did what Aarin did here (as well doing/wearing what Momclo did in Kimi to Senkai and Coco nuts), there would have been an big outcry of calling these 3 artists sluts/whores/females who have to rely on their bodies for success (which is what these females already get accused of). Worst part about it is that those 3 particular female artists are not even as bad as the more dirty figures like Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj.

So when an American sees me watching this video, how am I supposed to talk my way out of being called a "pedo/perverted sick freak"? Especially since I have explained what their mindset is about young Japanese females?

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Dear God no....
    Let's not start all this all over again....
    We had one thread closed because it went nowhere
    You had a lot of replies. And that thing is over and done with.

There's a big US contigence of idol fans (and Momoclo fans here on this forum).
    Some of whom I know personally
    None of them have the slightest problem with these videos in the US
    So the problem seems to lie more with the people you associate yourself with.
    That is unfortunate for you but it's nothing that we can help you with
    None of us here have a problem with these videos either. So what do you expect us to say?

But AGAIN:
    ALL THIS HAS BEEN DEALT WITH AND TALKED ABOUT ALREADY
    Let's not rehash it for the umpteenth time

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation

Dear God no....

None of us here have a problem with these videos either. So what do you expect us to say?

But AGAIN:

All I'm asking right now is how do I defend myself from the pedophile/perverted freak remarks from those Americans that I've talked about?

• vimoralvimoral

February 2016
    1424 Reputation

Dear God no....

But AGAIN:

Totally agree, With these matters the purpose of this forum is distorted

• February 2016
    372 Reputation
    MM305 said:

All I'm asking right now is how do I defend myself from the pedophile/perverted freak remarks from those Americans that I've talked about?

This is a Momoclo fan forum. We like to stick with discussing Momoclo. This question is not about Momoclo. Just ask it on some other forum. There are plenty of psychology and self help forums that talk about these issues.

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    MM305 said:

The question is not how to defend but why you feel the need to defend something that doesn't need defending.
    Because none of us do.
    Idiots who think that this is pedophile/perverted will think that way not matter what you'll say
    I simply ignore them and strike them off my Xmas card list.

But I have said all this before as well. Otherwise I have nothing to add after stansfield's post.
    You will not get the answers you expect here.
    So leave it be

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    -- Double post --

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    @ mattecat Being a 70 year old male fan, I would've thought you have had some of these judgemental remarks. You mean to tell no one has ever accused you of being a pedo/sick freak?

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    I'm 70??!! Wow. I could have retired four years ago and no one told me???!!!!!! Damn...

No. No one has. As a matter of fact most people thought these videos and girls were cute. The others simply didn't care.
    And again: Even if someone did I couldn't care less as being an uptight prick would be their problem, not mine.

And now do us all a favor AND SHUT UP!

Don't you get the fact that NO ONE here wants to read this crap anymore?
    How many times do how many people have to convey this to you?

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions