How is Ayaka referred to as "The Slightly Sexy" Idol?
  • MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    @Mattthecat About the 70 year old comment, I thought that was your age because of what you said in my closed thread:

"You either like me or you can kiss my wrinkly senior a...." And "Btw I have really REALLY tried hard to like that idol video with the 70yo in a string bikini.
    But my stomach just couldn't take it..."

Either way, I was still pointing out you being a very old male fan!

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    For the record I'm 57.
    And 33 at heart and mind

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    Oh, my bad!

Either way, I think that video helped me figure out why Aarin is referred to as the "Playfully Sexy" idol.

• February 2016
    322 Reputation
    Aarin is like their "traditional idol" in the group, and traditional idols are more prone to showing off their sexuality rather than Stardust ones who sell differently. In my opinion, it's slightly satirical. Like, here we have this classic idol material girl, who calls herself the "sexy" one, but she does not fall within the idol stereotype. I'm not one to like groups like AKB48 for this reason.
    It is quite offensive to many people to imply that people have been called pedophiles when watching these girls. If you have been criticized for that, then those people are closed-minded and uptight and you need to cut them off. As for the vast majority of us, none have received such complaints. I'm only 18, so every member is older than I am, but this whole thing can apply to me through Takoniji, and I love them dearly as well. But there is a difference between pedophilia and show business. If you like a child actor, who is genuinely good at acting, does that make you a pedophile? Of course not! It's the same thing with this, and where you're from has nothing to do with it. Most of the people on here live in America as well, myself included... and I can assure you that what you said about living in the US and comparing the other artists was complete BS and didn't make any sense at all from anyone who has a shred of logic. It's all a cultural divide, and in the end, none of that should matter anyway.
    The goal of Momoclo is to make people happy, NOT to make them question their sexual morality. It's absurd to even think about that when they clearly avoid being this type of idol group.
    Just accept that nothing is wrong with Momoclo and continue to enjoy them without resorting to asking us dumb questions like these.

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation

Aarin is like their "traditional idol" in the group, and traditional idols are more prone to showing off their sexuality rather than Stardust ones who sell differently. In my opinion, it's slightly satirical. Like, here we have this classic idol material girl, who calls herself the "sexy" one, but she does not fall within the idol stereotype. I'm not one to like groups like AKB48 for this reason.
    It is quite offensive to many people to imply that people have been called pedophiles when watching these girls. If you have been criticized for that, then those people are closed-minded and uptight and you need to cut them off. As for the vast majority of us, none have received such complaints. I'm only 18, so every member is older than I am, but this whole thing can apply to me through Takoniji, and I love them dearly as well. But there is a difference between pedophilia and show business. If you like a child actor, who is genuinely good at acting, does that make you a pedophile? Of course not! It's the same thing with this, and where you're from has nothing to do with it. Most of the people on here live in America as well, myself included... and I can assure you that what you said about living in the US and comparing the other artists was complete BS and didn't make any sense at all from anyone who has a shred of logic. It's all a cultural divide, and in the end, none of that should matter anyway.
    The goal of Momoclo is to make people happy, NOT to make them question their sexual morality. It's absurd to even think about that when they clearly avoid being this type of idol group.
    Just accept that nothing is wrong with Momoclo and continue to enjoy them without resorting to asking us dumb questions like these.

You mean to tell me that if Selena Gomez/Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande pulled this act that Aarin did here, they would not be accused of being "sluts/whore/females who show off heir bodies for success?

• February 2016
    322 Reputation
    Every one of them has done more, and yet they get very little backlash relative to success. Sexuality is not all what they're about either, by the way. People like their music for a reason, and despite many not liking them, it's the same with Momoclo. Lots of Japanese people don't like them either. But none of this has to do with "showing off their bodies for success".

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation

Every one of them has done more, and yet they get very little backlash relative to success. Sexuality is not all what they're about either, by the way. People like their music for a reason, and despite many not liking them, it's the same with Momoclo. Lots of Japanese people don't like them either. But none of this has to do with "showing off their bodies for success".

Well this is as closest thing to "showing off their bodies for success" for Momoclo (at least, for Aarin).

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation

In my opinion, it's slightly satirical. Like, here we have this classic idol material girl, who calls herself the "sexy" one, but she does not fall within the idol stereotype.

Yet, ironically enough, this is where Aarin does go for that "stereotypical" style. (It even was set up like a kawaii striptease!)

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    And...WHY?! Why the decision to do this type of act (at age 15)?

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    So that's some ironic provocation, as I see it, to attract additional attention

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    ebizori said:

So that's some ironic provocation, as I see it, to attract additional attention

What do you mean by that?

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    the irony of the sexual cliches of idol industry
    some kind of parody

and the most sexy member of the group, most sweet is most suitable for it

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    ebizori said:

the irony of the sexual cliches in idol industry
    some kind of parody

Mind fully explaining what your trying to say?

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I can't explain it to you, if you are not familiar well with the world of Japanese idols, and if you take such things of Aarin without a smile

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    ebizori said:

the irony of the sexual cliches of idol industry
    some kind of parody

and the most sexy member of the group, most sweet is most suitable for it

I just wish there was a way of parodying that without having to actually reveal that much skin. Aarin is my favorite member, but I honestly wish I didn't just see that despite being only 2 years older than her (especially since she was 15 years old here and is the youngest member)!

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    why would'nt you feel any man's desire at the same time? it would be more natural)

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    ebizori said:

why would'nt you feel any man's desire at the same time? it would be more natural)

What do you mean by man's desire?

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    normal attraction to the body of a beautiful girl

• MM305

February 2016
    436 Reputation
    ebizori said:

normal attraction to the body of a beautiful girl

I probably would have if I had watched this back when it performed. But I'm 21 today, looking at a 15 year old doing such an act, and the slightest of sexual thoughts is considered wrong (at least in America, where it's illegal to date a girl when you are 18, until she becomes 18)!

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I don't think that such sexual thoughts is wrong, and they are not wrong. you asepticized "a normal man" too much and it's starting to sound like sanctimony

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions