General Discussion
  • July 2014
    79 Reputation
    Google translate kinda sucks but here's what it translates
    In TV alarm today, that black starring has been announced also "Alarm LIVE COUNTRY TOUR 2014" to be held in Rakuten Kobo Miyagi Stadium in 8/21 (Thursday)!
    Ten thousand people were invited for free, free application of the invitation we have started from 6:00 today! (^ _ ^)

Spoiler:

http://momoclozamurai.xxxblog.jp/archives/39027364.html

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    they'll also be performing at TV asahi dream festival 10.11

• July 2014
    3398 Reputation
    asan said:

Now if you'd said that a bit earlier, like I did, we could have met up. I pretty much only talked to the people I came with, all the japanese I could find, and one guy from Austria ^^;

Lol. That would have been nice. I arrived an hour before the opening and rushed back to the train station afterwards though :(

Stardust is not at all interested in the overseas market. I just registered at Angel Eyes through a friend and he even had to use a katagana version of my name as no alphabet was accepted.
    If they wanted a bite at the gaijins THAT would be a meaningful first step... Most overseas idol shows are really only done to have showcases for the folks back home.
    Babymetal may be the first exception to the rule really.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    I made gifs from momokuri 13

• July 2014
    60 Reputation
    ^^ nope, SD right now isn't a bit interested in overseas market. Simply speaking they probably don't need to either.
    Also I think it wouldn't work most likely as Momoclo is right now. Reason being that a BIG part of their simply epic lives are the Mononofu! Without them and the interaction/relation of Momoclo x Mononofu it wouldn't be half the experience it is right now. I can't imaging seeing a live without this awesome crowd!
    This harmony can somewhat be compared to the metal genre I think, where there is also most of the times a big and eccentric interaction between band and fans. Still one thing that makes Momoclo kinda special for me and explains a good deal of metalheads liking them I guess.
    But the music, as much as I love it by now, is definitely not geared towards non-Japanese markets for the most part. Some things might work, but most likely the majority just won't.
    Babymetal has the BIG advantage of being...well...it's Metal music, good and hard one to say the least. But they would NEVER have made a breakthrough in Europe's metal community if the band hadn't played live (like they did in the early days)!

That said, I still do think Momoclo could make it overseas. But they would need to change some things. The thing with the Downtown-Momokuro-Bando is a good start. Colabs with artists like Friedman and Malsmsteen even more so! I think they would need to address a crowd kinda like Babymetal's overseas. Because Idol-fans here....well...basically non existent to be honest.
    So maybe the thing with Gaga is a "smart" move after all. In Japan they may sniff Gaga, but Gaga overseas-fans might notice them. (Still think that is the "wrong" crowd to attract though! - you know what I mean)

Also YES! Opening up the FC would be a BIG improvement. It wouldn't cost them anything really and give overseas fans more access to basically everything, hence spread the word!

Then again, seeing how big they are....they simply don't need to I guess :)

• AzureusAzureus

July 2014
    1470 Reputation

I made gifs from momokuri 13

Thanks for the gifs, both of them are funny and cute.

Spoiler:
    Love it when the staff trying hard to prevent those people getting close from Kanako but she just kept standing there and sing right in front of them. The second one, just as they were being so cute, they started to jump around in front of the camera until the cart just suddenly moved. :))

• zombrex

July 2014
    42 Reputation
    Did something go wrong during that song at White Hot Christmas. Going by memory here, seemed like the music started way too soon then kwkm and loads of security rushed Kanako ahead leaving Shiorin? alone on the kart by herself. Was weird when Kanako was singing alone in the stands then after the camera cut back appeared at the top singing to those people. At first my impression was she was getting taken ahead to sing to some VIP's, after watching again I wasnt so sure. Poor Momoka was riding around with only a couple people to protect her.

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I'm still waiting for the Blu-ray version of Momokuri2013 and you guys are making me anxious. I loved the animal costumes and little monkey Kanako serenading those girls was the best thing ever.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    It seems like staff was having a hard time trying to keep up with momoka on a bike vs. kanako just walking around

And yes I really enjoyed momokuri so the blue ray will be worth it

image image

image image

• all9all9

July 2014
    371 Reputation
    Sante x Momoclo CM

Making of

• AzureusAzureus

July 2014
    1470 Reputation

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    ^ what a cute cm

• July 2014
    5201 Reputation
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/120874
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• Nantok

July 2014
    589 Reputation
    ^ Nice costumes.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation

I wonder if this is a cm series
    The ending looked like a to be continued type thing

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    The CM seemed super-short so maybe we'll get more. I sure hope so because I love the costumes. I want them to dance in them. I think I like them more than the Sailor Moon ones :-S

• AzureusAzureus

July 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Saw this flyer on twitter. 赤潮の再会 二十歳になる前に スジナシ百田夏菜子フライヤーGETだぜ

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    ^ I think so since in the making they were doing a dance

What's that flyer :o

• July 2014
    27 Reputation
    That's SUJINASHI (SUJI=story Nashi=no, nothing, without) played at Nagoya today.
    Complete improvised play with Shoufukutei Tsurube. Only two of them on stage.

Sujinashi is 30 minutes TV-show but this is stage vresion.
    I don't know if it will be aired someday. DVD/BR might be sold someday, I heard.

I regret that I didn't go to live-viewing. THey say kanako was awwwsoooomeee

• July 2014
    5201 Reputation