^
    Thank you

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    It's confirmed

Movie of "幕が上がる" starring Momoclo, directed by Motohiro Katsuyuki

Movie is out on 2/28

But get this guys.....they are also going to do a live theatrical play based on the book sometime in May.

The movie was expected, and isn't something really new.....but I am completely shocked at the theatrical play part
    Mind absolutely blown.....

Acting on stage is magnitudes more difficult from shooting for a movie

No wonder kwkm described this as "Momoclo's greatest challenge to date"

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^great news thanks! the novel is about a school theater club so its should be done as well, they played in a (kind of) theater play before lol

http://youtu.be/bfJ-WH0p8H8

the only worrying me is, according to the original novel synopsis, the five main characters are three drama club girls: Saori (main char), Garuru (eccentric) and Yuko (princess-like) , one female transfer student named Nakanishi, and a GUY named Wabisuke (genius talent), so I wonder who'll play that guy or he will omitted entirely and replace him by an original character

• November 2014
    3398 Reputation
    Interesting route there.
    I always liked the Hello! Project stage stuff so this is a grand idea :)

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

and a GUY named Wabisuke (genius talent), so I wonder who'll play that guy or he will omitted entirely and replace him by an original character

I bet all my money that's Shiorin =)) genius talent... it couldn't be anyone else.

I'm confident they'll do a great job in the theatrical play, they're used to performing and doing sketches like they did in Kodomo Matsuri. It's going to be a challenge but I know they can do that and more.

Now time to hope it'll end up on Blu-ray. At least we'll get to see the movie for sure.

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Spoiler:

• RevanRevan

November 2014
    230 Reputation
    i can guess about the movie but than what bout Momoclo X ??? Momoclo X Movie.... ,hmm thats weird , n 1 more thing if they gonna make movie why not ask akarin to join in ? not that i like to linger to the past but akarin still in stardust right ??, sry for bad english

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^ x in japanese media means something of a crossover, duet, combo or a partnership with something, it could be Momoclo x Maku ga Aru (the title) or Momoclo x Katsuyuki (the director), Akarin might be a possible choice but to think that she is playing in two dramas right now, one of them is a popular a year's run morning drama,so it can be due to schedule conflict.

Hmm, and unless it's a movie by Stardust Pictures studio, I think which actress is going to play in the movie is irrelevant with her agency origin.

• RevanRevan

November 2014
    230 Reputation
    hmm Ic , i just thought there will be grand collab with other musician singer etc for momokuri, cause this year haru no ichidaiji (kokuritsu) only have takamizawa from the alfee, n no collab in summerdive , well i gues akarin also busy this year it's just that ..... that accidental meeting with akarin .... i guess it's still just a dream seing roqunin gumi in one stage or movie or cm or anything .... sigh, at least i hope they will release the movie with eng sub , didn't watch any of momoclo and MCZ movie or drama cause language barier >_< only understand litle nihongo

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Maku ga Agaru official site
    http://www.makuga-agaru.jp

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    Revan said:

didn't watch any of momoclo and MCZ movie or drama cause language barier >_< only understand litle nihongo

Yeah me too can't understand Japanese, you can use those dramas as the motivation to learn Japanese, it works for me lol
    momomofu said:

Maku ga Agaru official site
    http://www.makuga-agaru.jp

Woah I see Muro Tsuyoshi in the cast, his roles in Yuusha Yoshihiko and Aoi Honoo are my favorites! The rest are Haru Kuroki, Michiko Shimizu and Kotaro Shiga, not very big names eh?

• November 2014
    904 Reputation
    mav said:

The movie was expected, and isn't something really new.....but I am completely shocked at the theatrical play part
    Mind absolutely blown.....

Acting on stage is magnitudes more difficult from shooting for a movie

No wonder kwkm described this as "Momoclo's greatest challenge to date"

I'm not sure if that's the complete reveal yet. We still have that ustream at 20:00 jpn time. Almost everyone knew about the movie before today due to candid shots and a post on this forum before (forgot where, though). But I'm really looking forward to this movie!

mocha21 said:

the only worrying me is, according to the original novel synopsis, the five main characters are three drama club girls: Saori (main char), Garuru (eccentric) and Yuko (princess-like) , one female transfer student named Nakanishi, and a GUY named Wabisuke (genius talent), so I wonder who'll play that guy or he will omitted entirely and replace him by an original character

Hmm... by comparing the character traits to the girls... it's a definite that Aarin can portray Yuko and the pictures probably depicts Reni as Garuru since Garuru's description matches Reni pretty well. But the possibilities for Wabisuke is either Shiorin or Reni because Shiorin is the group's ikemen and Reni's uniform is improper. But it looks more like Shiorin considering what she's wearing for the play. I can see Kanako as Saori since she's the leader and everything. But who knows? We'll find out who's who later -w- (but the skirts are bothering me a bit before it's split 3 and 2 on the pattern...)

• November 2014
    366 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

I don't know whether it's true or not...

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000109359

・Momota Kanako:Takahashi Saori(Saori)3rd year. The leader and director.
    ・Tamai Shiori:Hashidzume Yuuko(Yukko)3rd year. Main actress.
    ・Takagi Reni:Saijo Miki(Garuru)3rd year. Club's moodmaker.
    ・Ariyasu Momoka:Nakanishi Etsuko(Nakanishi-san)3rd year. Transfer student.
    ・Sasaki Ayaka:Katou Akemi(Akemi-chan)2nd year. Junior member who adores Saori.

• November 2014
    904 Reputation

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000109359

Not really sure yet considering that's the only news site that states the roles so far.
    But I can really see how Team Sorry (Kanako, Shiorin and Reni) are depicted as the three drama club members since they were part of the original line-up. and Aarin playing the youngest fits since she is the youngest member of MomoClo and admires the others since they're older.

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    I want to emphasize again- Doing an actual theatrical play with a complete, serious script is VERY different from comedy sketches and skits that Momoclo have done before. This is a slice of life type of novel, which means this will be more on the literary film side of things.

Think back to Tenshi to Jump...say maybe the part where Kanako is on the top of the building overlooking the sky. Then realize that the same emotion she tried to convey there will now have to be transmitted through body language alone.

Now take out all the self-referencing and funny parts of the movie, and focus on the inner dialogue parts. Again realize that this will now have to be convoyed through body language.

Now realize all of this has to be done in one take.

I realize I'm kind of bumbling, but as a liberal arts major this is just way too shocking to me.
    Stage acting requires a level of technical detail that I can safely say Momoclo do not currently possess.
    Of course I will be cheering them on, and I am super excited about this, but jeez Momoclo give me huge surprises every time.

As for the x part, looking at the news another member of the cast is up and coming actress Haru Kuroki, who's won many best new actress awards and starred in critically acclaimed "The Great Passage"
    This might be the collaborating part

Sidenote-
    I assume Team Sorry is Team SORI which Reni nicknamed from Momoclo Chan right? If so it should be Kanako, Shiorin, Reni and Momoka

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation

The roles of each member has been confirmed by newspaper and Natalie, it's exactly as you said
    Natalie

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ももいろクローバーZ 主演映画クランクアップ ニュース

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^^^They omitted poor Wabisuke from the cast list lol, Akemichan is apparently an actual character from the novel, Haru Kuroki might become the drama club teacher which is described as a very beautiful woman from Todai in the novel.
    yeah I agreed with that point a lot. I watched both takarazuka and recent Sailor Moon musical and and everything was just like a perfect embodiment of great acting. Also theater play in Japan is a very popular entertainment form, it is a serious business and has a strong roots. Seeing their fellow 3Bjunior colleagues Kanon and Satomi (Sailor Moon musical), Momo (Peterpan musical), and the Kagajo girls (Ito Wokashi troupe) hit a home run, then they can do it for sure.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    If the announcement of Momoclo X ? Is the movie and play that'll be pretty disappointing since we already know about those. I hope it has nothing to do with it, because if it's that.. Why make an announcement of something the papers already know?

As for me thinking they can do well in a play it's because they are used to do things live, in one take and "acting". I even feel doing plays suits them better than doing movies with the training they have. And they've probably been working hard for months and the months to come to make the best out of it, because that's momoclo.

• AzureusAzureus

November 2014
    1470 Reputation