General Discussion
  • OM617OM617

November 2014
    176 Reputation
    All their public contact (blogs, social media, etc) goes through kwkm and PR first. They have much more freedom than traditional idols, but they are still idols and have to maintain desired standards.
    One questionable picture or comment could greatly impact all of their careers. Such as the time they all reacted quickly and sternly during an interview to tell Shiorin to shut up when she mentioned they make a lot of okane.

• November 2014
    644 Reputation
    Their blogs that are updated semi-frequently though I'm sure their posts are checked before being made public

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^
    ^
    What OM617 and MCZTamanofu said (I recall the updates are handled by Tmmn?)

On a side note, we know that Momoclo loves to have little chats and girl's talks in the privacy of their waiting rooms.

I wonder if they do the same thing with a private LINE group or FB convo or something.

It just seems way too hilarious in my mind, picturing Reni texting "yeah, we're the best!!" or something after a performance (Hey, that'd make a great 4-koma strip, get on it Tetsuya-san!!)

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    NHK Kohaku Utagassen 2014
    http://www.zakzak.co.jp/entertainment/ent-news/news/20141114/enn1411141140008-n1.htm
    http://www.zakzak.co.jp/entertainment/ent-news/news/20141114/enn1411141140008-n2.htm

This year's theme is "Let's sing together".

This article is only writer's speculation.
    New Faces on This Year's Kohaku Utagassen
    ・May J
    ・BABYMETAL
    ・Nogizaka46
    ・SEKAI NO OWARI
    ・Hata Motohiro

Topic singers
    ・Matsu Takako and Kanda Sayaka(Frozen theme song)
    ・Nakajima Miyuki(Massan theme song)
    ・Nakamura Masatoshi
    ・Kayama Yuzo
    ・Southern All Stars
    ・Minami Kosetsu

Minami Kosetsu formed the "Hime Kaze" with Ise Shozo this year.
    They wrote "Nanairo no Stardust"
    This song is Momoclo and EbiChu's repertoire.
    If they sing this song, they are right for this year's theme.

It seems that Morning Musume'14 refused the invitation this year.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Isn't it a bad move to refuse the invitation? It's just speculation but It'll be huge for BABYMETAL, I didn't even think about that.

They need a new 3B song other than Nanairo no Stardust (because I don't like it, I find it boring :)) ) specially if they intend to use it as the gateway for other 3B groups to get into big events.

• OM617OM617

November 2014
    176 Reputation
    This is huge for BABYMETAL! It took Momoclo nearly 4 years and announcing it as their dream goal before getting invited and BABYMETAL has got it in about the same timeframe.
    Even with a limited band and no props when they performed here in Denver, they put on a really good show. I know they will knock their socks off at Kohaku Utagassen as well!

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    Babymetal and SEKAI NO OWARI is going big this year, Kohaku is a must for them.

・Nakajima Miyuki (Massan theme song)

If I remember well she is the composer for Naitemo Iin Da yo, they can jam together with some songs later in the stage
    Also Massan ...do we have a chance to see Akarin this year?

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Sekai no Owari's song RPG is very popular, it's been charting digitaly until now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the attention towards BABYMETAL mostly come from international fans rather than in Japan.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I think BABYMETAL are not thaaat famous in Japan but I get the feeling they like to brag about their success overseas. At least I've seen quite a few reports like "yay a japanese group opening for Gaga and selling out venues in London and NY".

So I would't be surprised if they invite BABYMETAL to cash on that, even if they don't meet the "requirements" for Kohaku.

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Idol group TOP10 you want to join
    1, E-girls
    2, Momoiro Clover Z
    3, AKB48
    4, Nogizaka46
    5, NMB48
    6, Perfume
    7, Dempagumi.inc
    8, Morning Musume'14
    9, Berrys Kobo
    10, Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Where is that come from? Interesting

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation

• November 2014
    644 Reputation
    But that's only polling 300 women in the Shibuya/Shinjuku area.

• November 2014
    62 Reputation
    Who are these E-girls? I seem to be seeing that name everywhere lately, in every konbini.

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    well "general" polls are always like that.
    E-Girls is EXILE Girls Unit. Just as its name implies it's a girl counterparts of its labelmate EXILE. It's more a dancing group with some vocals rather than an idol group. They won 2013 VMAJ for best choreography, performed in last year's Kohaku and currently hosts Aoyama 1Seg in NHK. Momoclo did those feats a year before.

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo will release 3 singles in the first half of next year.

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    Now he's just teasing us with no mention of an album :))

2nd half next year~~? B-)

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    so does this mean we will get around 8 new songs to roll out and two additional christmas songs in the next 6 months? my body is ready

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    That's basically a single every two months righ? Great news! Even better news if we end up getting the album on the second half.

As for the ranking of "which idol group you'd like to join?" i'm always surprised there's people who wants to join AKB and such, specially when there's other options (where you know you'll be noticed more and won't have to do gravure...)

• November 2014
    904 Reputation
    1 single every two months??? O0O;;;;; So many costumes... so little time.... O_O;;;;;;;;