General Discussion
  • mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    Two new songs will be in the movie! (Chai Maxx Zero and an unknown song)

Also new version of Hashire

• OM617OM617

November 2014
    176 Reputation
    Revan said:

didn't watch any of momoclo and MCZ movie or drama cause language barier >_< only understand litle nihongo

English subs

Shirome
    Tenshi to Jump
    Akumu-Chan special

Momo+dra is the only major one I can't find any subtitles for.

• ColeenaColeena

November 2014
    174 Reputation
    I think I may have focused on the wrong parts, but UST summary:
    -Onna Matsuri goods, a mask and an iPhone pouch
    -When they take off the masks, Aarin puts it on her head and this is Very Fashionable
    -Start talking about the Maku ga Agaru movie and stage play, bunch of producers and the director come in
    -Introduce roles, this post confirmed
    -The Hashire MV was actually just a test shoot
    -Single Bed The Movie Version™
    -Love Scenes everywhere
    -Aarin and Kanako have a kiss scene in the movie
    -Aarin apparently comes up on Kanako from behind, and as Kanako puts it, "Aarin's so pushy!"
    -The others repeatedly bring the kiss scene up, they both get embarrassed
    -Kind of like this
    -Three songs total - two new, and then the redone version of Hashire
    -They rewrote some lines because Momoka couldn't pronounce them
    -Aarin has an insert song
    -The ending song will be their new single
    -They show the video they took after shooting was finished; everyone cries but Kanako cries the most (the girls get embarrassed and start shouting over the video as it streams)

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    This Ustream had so many glorious Kanako-Aarin moments

• OM617OM617

November 2014
    176 Reputation

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    Coleena said:

I think I may have focused on the wrong parts, but UST summary:
    -Onna Matsuri goods, a mask and an iPhone pouch
    -When they take off the masks, Aarin puts it on her head and this is Very Fashionable
    -Start talking about the Maku ga Agaru movie and stage play, bunch of producers and the director come in
    -Introduce roles, this post confirmed
    -The Hashire MV was actually just a test shoot
    -Single Bed The Movie Version™
    -Love Scenes everywhere
    -Aarin and Kanako have a kiss scene in the movie
    -Aarin apparently comes up on Kanako from behind, and as Kanako puts it, "Aarin's so pushy!"
    -The others repeatedly bring the kiss scene up, they both get embarrassed
    -Kind of like this
    -Three songs total - two new, and then the redone version of Hashire
    -They rewrote some lines because Momoka couldn't pronounce them
    -Aarin has an insert song
    -The ending song will be their new single
    -They show the video they took after shooting was finished; everyone cries but Kanako cries the most (the girls get embarrassed and start shouting over the video as it streams)

Many thanks!

I believe there was also a mention of the number of stage performances being around 30

• RevanRevan

November 2014
    230 Reputation
    Akumu-Chan special

Thanks For The Subs :)))) i'll download it and watch it ASAP but don't know bout shirome .... cause i'm not fan off horor movie XD and that last scene that comes true with akarain leaving Momoclo :(

btw they put today ustream in archived ... but why they didn't put Momoka QJ and Chibimatsuri Ustream in archived T_T , if any one have record of both ustream please upload it somewhere ,,,,thanks :)

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    looked into production staff and found out that they're great people:
    Movie cast and production staff:
    Supporting cast:
    Haru Kuroki ("Shanidaru no Hana", "Chiisai Ouchi" - 64th Berlin film award winner) as Yoshioka sensei (former college theater club)
    Muro Tsuyoshi ("Summer Time Machine Blues", "Yuusha Yoshihiko") as Mizoguchi sensei (theater club adviser)
    Michiko Shimizu ("Hagane no Onna") as Saori's mother
    Kotaro Shiga ("Sanbiki no Ossan") as Takita sensei (language teacher)

Director: Motohiro Katsuyuki ("Bayside Shakedown" series, "Summer Time Machine Blues", "Psycho-Pass")
    Screenplay: Kohei Kiyasu ("Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutte yo")
    Studio: ROBOT ("Bayside Shakedown" series, "Umizaru", "Returner", "Summer Time Machine Blues", "Space Battleship Yamato")
    Distributor: T-Joy, Toei
    based on the teen novel "Maku ga Agaru" by Oriza Hirata

this movie has a potential to be another critically acclaimed youth drama just like "Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutte yo" if done right, yeah I'm excited over this.
    and great, finally a new single and it's in the beginning of the year, so in the end what is this "Momoclo x ?" thing?

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    OM617 said:

Unimportant but at 01:25:22 Kanako starts singing Ebichu's Mikakunin Chuugakusei X (until Aarin or Momoka hits her in the head). I love this little crossovers.

• November 2014
    131 Reputation
    Revan said:

Are there subs for Tenshi to Jump??

• November 2014
    904 Reputation
    raw subs, not english subs...

• November 2014
    131 Reputation

raw subs, not english subs...

Ah, OK. I have those.

• EmceeZEmceeZ

November 2014
    264 Reputation
    I've been trying to find a good summary on Tenshi to Jump but I can't :-/ My life would be so much easier if I just learned Japanese haha

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    EmceeZ said:

I've been trying to find a good summary on Tenshi to Jump but I can't :-/ My life would be so much easier if I just learned Japanese haha

Here's the very quick version:

It's essentially a semi-parody of Momoclo from the 2011.4.10 Sun Plaza Concert where Akari (sub-leader) left and they renamed to Momoiro Clover Z, leading up to their Gokuraku-mon Summer Dive concert

Spoiler:

In the show, Twinkle 5 are a struggling group of idols using "angels" as their imagery. Before their 3rd Christmas concert, they received news that tickets are not selling. So leader Yuzurin left to pursue other endeavors. Unlike real life Momoclo, here the remaining members of Twinkle 5 decided to disband and each go their own way. Kanako plays the role of an actual angel who fell from heaven because she thought the members of Twinkle 5 were real angels, and she wanted to sing and dance with them. So she tried to persuade them to get together and start over again. Long story short, after overcoming obstacles like having no place to practice and no venue for their next concert, they ended up shedding their "angel" image and held a successful Christmas comeback concert.

It's actually really loaded on the symbolism side of things, with stuff like Shiori's haircut(referencing the release of Battle and Romance), cleaning and cutting grass(referencing them cutting grass at the Gokuraku-mon venue), the change from "angel(idol) image" to "sentai image" (referencing the release of Z densetsu), and Kanako's famous phrase "Don't let go of this hand" (said at the end of the Gokuraku-mon concert)

The whole thing is really meta and post-modern, with Momoclo essentially questioning their identity as an idol group. I'm actually doing a full review of it which I might translate to English if I have time.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT:added spoiler tag, lol

• November 2014
    904 Reputation
    OMG I was so close to crying.... I never realized that... Being a parody of their own lives... TTATT

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^

Momoclo loves to do that actually, especially within their songs. "Hai to Daiyamondo", "Kuroi Shuumatsu", "Stardust Serenade", "Kono Uta", "5 the power", etc are all talking about Momoclo's own feelings and thoughts, while "Kaito Shoujo" "Pinky Jones", "Z densetsu" etc are about what they are aiming to do as idols.

Take this new movie that Momoclo are making for another example. The plot is essentially a bunch of girls going all out to put on the best stage performance they can. Well guess what Momoclo decided to do? They are going to put on a stage performance of this movie....

So it's Momoclo working hard to put on a play of a movie of a bunch of girls working hard to put on a play.

You really can't get more meta and post-modern than Momoclo =))

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^I wish i'm an art person so I could understand the awesomeness of the works of my favorite group being post-modern, I only get the point of those as self-parody in tv tropes entry :))
    a fun fact, not long before Momoclo was created those agency girls also auditioned for a music video about the agency girls auditioned for a music video, I guess they are accostumed into this kind of thing :))

• EmceeZEmceeZ

November 2014
    264 Reputation
    mav said:

The whole thing is really meta and post-modern, with Momoclo essentially questioning their identity as an idol group. I'm actually doing a full review of it which I might translate to English if I have time.

Hope this helps :)

Whoa that's so interesting! Definitely did not get any of that when I watched it haha. I'd love to read your review if you ever translate it! Thanks! :)

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/130738
    Hakushu
    Gentou
    Blu-ray, DVD BOX

• AzureusAzureus

November 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Coleena said: