General Discussion
  • November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo×KISS
    Momoclo will release a new song with KISS on January 28.
    They will participate in KISS Japan tour.
    KISS Japan Tour
    February 23 Nihon Gaishi Hall(Nagoya)
    February 25 Osakajo Hall(Osaka)
    February 26 Hiroshima Sunplaza Hall(Hiroshima)
    February 28 Sekisui Heim Super Arena(Miyagi)
    March 3 Tokyo Dome(Tokyo)

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Wait... KISS is still active? But they do look good together :))

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    EDIT:add color newspaper, courtesy of Angela from FB

So skimming through it says that the Momoclo disk will have 2 songs while the KISS disc will have 3 songs.

This is such a risky move.....

Musical style notwithstanding, KISS aren't exactly a very reputable band nowadays.

I still remember the ton of outcry online when they got inaugurated into the RnR Hall of Fame this year.
    (And for the record, Gene is a douchebag. Hugely successful and smart, but a douchebag nonetheless)

With that said, as a music lover and a believer of genre-mashing

THIS

IS

AWESOME!!!!

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    BTW, the Natalie news came out

http://natalie.mu/music/news/131410

Seems that Momoclo went to Las Vegas to film the PV

I wonder if they filmed anything for Momoclo Chan there

Also, the main promotion site

http://www.momoclovskiss.com/

• November 2014
    3398 Reputation

1 single every two months??? O0O;;;;; So many costumes... so little time.... O_O;;;;;;;;

...and so much money to spend...

But KISS and Momoclo???
    I LOVE IT!!!!!

• November 2014
    904 Reputation
    same country... wrong side.... TTATT OTL SO CLOSE! TTATT

• AzureusAzureus

November 2014
    1470 Reputation
    I'm glad Momoclo is collaborating with them. The more attention they get from KISS the more new fans will like Momoclo.

Like mav said, it's a risky move but I'm all forward with the girls to the end. Can't wait to see how their PV look like.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    Azureus said:

I'm glad Momoclo is collaborating with them. The more attention they get from KISS the more new fans will like Momoclo..

You're assuming of course that anyone actually cares about KISS these days :))

if anything I'd assume the opposite would be true...

• asan

November 2014
    462 Reputation
    Let's put it this way: you have to add up all the performances of KISS's last tour in Japan to fill the venue they booked together with MomoClo.

• November 2014
    62 Reputation
    Absolutely awesome!

I suppose those reputation problems don't mean much for the public in Japan, which is still the primary market for Momoclo. They can'be seriously hoping to become big abroad.

btw, notice that the last leg of KISS Japan tour will be the first Momoclo perfomance at Tokyo Dome!

• November 2014
    38 Reputation

And for the record, Gene is a douchebag. Hugely successful and smart, but a douchebag nonetheless.

And a lecherous old geezer. He'd better keep his hands off our girls.

You're assuming of course that anyone actually cares about KISS these days. if anything I'd assume the opposite would be true...

They're still a pretty big draw on the concert circuit in the USA, two decades after their "farewell" tour :-))
    I don't know what Japan thinks of them anymore, but maybe Uncle Gene noticed the success of Momoclo and wondered, "How can I make money off this?" A tour together will fill those seats with both Momoclo and Kiss fans.

• November 2014
    904 Reputation

And for the record, Gene is a douchebag. Hugely successful and smart, but a douchebag nonetheless.

And a lecherous old geezer. He'd better keep his hands off our girls.

..........although the tour will be successful one way or another... that's really one of my fears when it comes to making collabs or deals..... O_O;;;; But knowing Kawakami, he wouldn't want anything to happen to the girls. He already got mad at Reni for removing her wisdom teeth so I highly doubt he'll leave the girls unattended during the tour and everything.... O_____________________________________O

• November 2014
    131 Reputation
    To clarify, they're not touring with KISS, just appearing at the Tokyo Dome concert. KISS is playing at venues that are way too small for Momoclo lol.

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    thanks for clarifying that, it made me somewhat confused since february 28 is the premiere date of their movie, unless they want to do a cross promotion of a highschool drama with those outfits.

• RevanRevan

November 2014
    230 Reputation
    Hmmmm Momoclo X Kiss , 1 thing i gues i'm right they will colab with grand musician and The Momoclo X something is not bout the movie ... but That came out of nowhere... was thinking more of BonJovi or Queen or Metalica or Axl Rose ..... hope they keep the girls save .... :(

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    In the end it can only be for the better, either they gain some fans or they stay as it is. I don't think it's going to be a hit internationally at all. Maybe just a few jokes would be made (knowing the press probably about Gene and the girls...)

Hopefully they'll give us a nice song and PV.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    I have no idea how they'd even try to sell it in the states. Digital only? Maybe some physical copies available at KISS shows? Music stores don't really exist anymore and they're probably not going to stock it at Wal-Mart.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    From KISS facebook page:

Momoiro Clover Z and the American hard rock legends KISS will release a collaboration single on January 28th, 2015. This is the first time for KISS to collaborate with a Japanese artist. Their single will be sold worldwide on iTune Music Store in over 120 countries.

So I don't think it will be sold physically outside Japan, only digital.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Pics from the movie:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• November 2014
    904 Reputation
    Invader said:

Pics from the movie:

Forehead... *falls over*