General Discussion
  • May 2015
    163 Reputation

• May 2015
    77 Reputation

Bin82501 said:

this is a massive year for foreign acts to break into the US market anyway.

I'm glad that they do get a chance to appear overseas and I'm happy for everyone who can see them - and I expect a lot of reports! Lol
    But as always with idols outside of Japan (Babymetal maybe being the only exception) I think this is done more to promote themselves at home than an actual attempt to become successful somewhere else. And I hope they won't attempt it quite frankly. They would REALLY have to learn English to stand a chance, and it would take away time and energy for their performances at home. At this point in their career it would be a no-win situation in my opinion

I agree with you on that. I wasn't putting them in the CL and G-Dragon class of foreign acts to break into the US market (even Babymetal isn't in that class). CL and G-Dragon aim to compete with Rihanna and Taylor Swift aka the larger US market not a segment of the US market like Babymetal. Like you alluded, it would be silly to even attempt that because they don't speak English flawlessly and they don't make the type of music that typically would appeal to US audiences bar again anime/J-pop consumers. To my original point, they can potenially benefit from the growing interest in foreign acts in general. They could attract more anime/J-pop consumers and a few folks who are intrigued by the pending foreign act explosion.

• May 2015
    262 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Is that the same venue as Anime Expo 2011?

MIKUNOPOLIS 2011 in LOS ANGELES(Anime Expo 2011)
    Venue:NOKIA Theatre
    Audience:6,000

it's possible. the convention center and staples center are basically one big complex and the nokia theater is right across the street.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I can't believe this is really happening. I've been so excited all day. I bought a Premier Fan Pass specifically for this:
    "Celebrity guests and Guests of Honor will make some brief, random appearances in the Premier Fan Lounge for meet and greet opportunities."
    I don't normally do much at Anime Expo unless I'm buying something. But with this new lounge, I'm just going to camp out there all day and draw while I hope they stop by lol. I extremely looking forward to going this year. I would also love to meet up with anyone attending as well.

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    You guys don't understand. I was having such a bad day and this news completely flipped me around.

It's on a Thursday it seems, which is the second smallest day of the con (after Sunday). It's actually kind of a strange choice, but I'm going regardless so it doesn't matter to me what day it's on. I don't really care for KISS so I hope they don't take up TOO much spotlight. I'll be fine if they perform the collab song and that's about it.

Really hoping for Ikuze Shoujo, Mugen no Dai, Moon Pride, and Z Densetsu. I'm not the biggest fan of Z no Chakai but I'm sure it will be played - which is fine.

I wonder how long the concert will be... also AX guests generally have autograph sessions so I'm REALLY hoping I get a chance to get their autographs. Usually when it's a group thing they'll separate them though, so I'd have to wait in multiple hour long lines to get all of their autographs... I'd probably just get Kanako and then try to get Shiori and Momoka if I had the time. I wonder if they'll have any panels too... maybe they won't be staying the entire weekend. I hope I can catch them walking around at some point and maybe snag a picture with them.

• May 2015
    144 Reputation
    It is so awesome they are going to be at anime expo this year! Been wanting them to come to the USA for so long now, I'm just so poor though no way I could make it there :-(

• May 2015
    163 Reputation

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    Man, you guys are dedicated! I honestly thought the premiere badges were sold out. I know for 2014 they sold out like a year in advance. Strange. The hotel situation is going to be rough for you guys. I had my hotel reserved months in advance (I was going to AX far before I knew Momoclo was gonna be there). I know a lot of places are completely sold out for the weekend.

I would like the premiere pass just so I could have first dibs on concert tickets, first place in autograph lines and panels (granted momoclo has them, and let's hope so!). I wouldn't get your hopes up on the lounge appearances though, but if they do show up consider me EXTREMELY jealous.

• May 2015
    472 Reputation

Lak said:

I can't believe this is really happening. I've been so excited all day. I bought a Premier Fan Pass specifically for this:
    "Celebrity guests and Guests of Honor will make some brief, random appearances in the Premier Fan Lounge for meet and greet opportunities."
    I don't normally do much at Anime Expo unless I'm buying something. But with this new lounge, I'm just going to camp out there all day and draw while I hope they stop by lol. I extremely looking forward to going this year. I would also love to meet up with anyone attending as well.

I purchased the Premier Fan Package today which means I'll probably see you at the Exclusive Premier Fan Lounge. But seriously though, can we like, get a 65 songs/a day set-list like they did in Zepp Tokyo. Is that too much to ask for? lol I couldn't stop smiling when I heard the news. LA is about a 6hr drive for me and I still need to plan accommodation but I know some people in Montebello and Hawthorne if not then I'll just find a hotel. But like you mentioned, every mononofu should meet up before the event.

Count me in, registered for premier pass before I even double checked if the news was real. :)

• May 2015
    644 Reputation
    Well, maybe I can ask friends going to AX to get autographs if they do have an autograph session. :-/ Even if I had the money for a short trip back to the US, that weekend is the JLPT which I need to take. orz

• NeoZeonNeoZeon

May 2015
    25 Reputation
    I really envy who's going to see them at Anime Expo.
    I'm going to see two dates of Babymetal's european tour, but I would trade both of my tickets for one half-show of Momoclo... :D

• May 2015
    144 Reputation
    Wow, I can't believe this is happening, and so soon, and on the same coast of North America as me :-O I always figured I'd have to buy some really expensive resold ticket and a flight to Japan to ever see them; I really hope I can make it out to this.

From the website, I get the idea that you need to both buy a convention pass and tickets for the appropriate concerts you want to see. Is that right?

• May 2015
    163 Reputation

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    Man, it's unfortunate because the premiere badges sold out awhile ago and so I bought a regular badge. They brought them back because apparently they had some extra but I'm not gonna buy a second ticket and I don't think there is an option to upgrade. Plus I have friends going and I'd like to sit with them, so the premiere pass wouldn't do much for me anyway except get me good spots for panels/autograph signings. Of course there is the whole lounge thing but I am going to AX for other reasons than just to sit in a room all day and hope that momoclo comes in. Cheers to everyone with that dedication though, and I am extremely jealous if that does happen for any of you,

• May 2015
    116 Reputation
    Premiere Badge gets!!

Hope I see some of you fine fans there!

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    Everyone getting premiere badges... I'm jealous. You guys will have fantastic seats. I'm hoping I can still get pretty close. It depends on how many premiere fans register for this event.

• May 2015
    116 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Everyone getting premiere badges... I'm jealous. You guys will have fantastic seats. I'm hoping I can still get pretty close. It depends on how many premiere fans register for this event.

Yeah, getting a Premiere badge is no joke. I had to sit on it for a while because it's so damn expensive, but I feel okay with my decision to get ripped off (even if my bank account is crying). Add the hotel fees and food and... blegh. I honestly think everyone will have a pretty great seats in comparison to Momoclo's concert venues in Japan that can hold tens of thousands of people. I wouldn't be surprised if there were tons of Japanese fans flocking to Anime Expo :U

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    Well, despite not having a premiere badge, I am staying at the JW which is basically the best possible spot for Anime Expo. I'm literally 2 minutes away from the Nokia Theater and the convention center. I wonder if momoclo is staying there as well?

It's my dream to see them walking by and get the opportunity to snag a selfie with them.

• May 2015
    163 Reputation

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

I think a good plan would be to all meet up before the event, share contact info, then spread out throughout the venue until one of us spots momoclo. If one of us happens to run into them we can quickly notify the others somehow. group text maybe?

That's fine with me. I was wondering with a Premier Badge when I use the code to get the concert ticket. Would I be able to buy extra tickets at that time? If its possible, I might do that for a friend who might not be able to get a Premier Badge. Its a bit expensive but the way I see it, it cost nothing compared to just flying to Japan with hopes of getting a ticket. Which would probably cost an arm and leg. I'm so happy to be able to go to their US debut!!!! :D