General Discussion
  • MM305

January 2016
    435 Reputation
    I don't know what this was all about, but this is just too kawaii to not post (unless someone already posted it before)!!:

• January 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Valid question. Where was this from?

• MM305

January 2016
    435 Reputation
    @Mattthecat It doesn't say the source in this video. BUT, knowing that they are wearing the same angel outfits as the one in the cover of their single CD "Saraba, Itoshiki Kanashimitachi yo", I can definitely specualte that this vid is from late 2012, and that this may have been taken place in the same studio where that cover was photographed!

But I'm more curious on what were they doing in this vid since they were not singing the song, but instead were doing some sort of chants!

• January 2016
    81 Reputation
    i think they are doing the chant that the crowd does at the live performance of the song!

• January 2016
    372 Reputation
    Came across this (old) video, figured some of you might get a kick out of it. It's very funny. Poor Momoka:

• AzureusAzureus

January 2016
    1470 Reputation
    花咲かタイムズ【日本一のチョコの祭典!人気パティシエ大集合!▼ももクロ生出演!】

• AzureusAzureus

January 2016
    1470 Reputation

• January 2016
    3398 Reputation
    The 15th episode of Atashi no Ongaku (あたしの音楽)
    (thanks to ici_jp for the ts!)
    http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otogumi/mymusic/
    http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/914200242.html

Talk with Satoshi Takebe and performances of
    1. Koyoi Live no Moto de
    2. 'Z' no Chikai
    3. Moon Pride
    4. Hakkin no Yoake

On HO:
    http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=96559

image image
    Spoiler:
    image image
    image image
    image image

• January 2016
    5201 Reputation
    January 31
    [Event] Nippon Housou LIVE EXPO TOKYO 2016 Anime Kohaku Utagassen VOL.5
    Setlist
    1, Believe
    2, MOON PRIDE
    3, CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    4, Moretsu Uchu Kokyokyoku Dai Nana Gakusho "Mugen no Ai"

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    kwkm LoGiRL #38 February 2, 2016
    川上アキラの人のふんどしでひとり相撲
    https://logirl.favclip.com/article/detail/5641692736651264

On HO:
    http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=96720

image image
    Spoiler:
    image image
    image image
    image image

Three 3B juniors from Hachimitsu Rocket (はちみつロケット) are accompanying kwkm to the Tokyo Motor Show:
    Shiho Hanayama, Mihuu and Aoba Mori
    They are later joined by Reni visiting a shrine

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

February 2016
    1737 Reputation
    Can we have a fun conversation about Momoclo? because all the weird threads here lately made me miss some light-hearted conversation...

So I'm going to take the change to post my yearly comparative of Momoclo's PV viewings on Youtube and ask you some questions. (Yeah, I know there's stuff like Chai Maxx having a dance verstion too, and probably Seishunfu had a short and a full version or something like that, but I blame them for publishing more than one PV version, that's what you get :)) )

Questions:
    1- What's your favorite PV?
    2- What's a PV that you think should have more views than it has?
    3- What's a PV that you can't understand how it has so many views?
    4- Do you think their new videos are getting less views? Is it their popularity with the general public? People don't check Youtube? Their videos are not as interesting as before?

I'll give my answers later on.

• February 2016
    3398 Reputation
    1. Saraba
    2. Roudou Sanka & Chai Maxx
    3. PUSH
    4. I think it's impossible to stay on top year after year. Popularity sometimes comes in waves. And of course the numbers of the last videos will rise over time.

• vimoralvimoral

February 2016
    1423 Reputation
    1, Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo
    2. Yumeno Ukiyoni Saitemina
    3. PUSH
    4. Worst Single than the before years, Pv's teaser is a bad idea

• MM305

February 2016
    435 Reputation
    @Invader Part of the reason behind lack of views today is because Stardust music videos are no longer available to be played in the United States on YouTube. When you try to click on a video from the Stardust channel, it now reads "cannot be played in your country".

The only music videos we get from YouTube is from Momoiro Clover Z channel

• February 2016
    242 Reputation
    1. D' No Junjou
    2. Roudou Sanka
    3. Mirai Bowl
    4. Seishunfu didn't have the full version (I think?) on Youtube, so that surely would contribute. The song is great. Going by sales, it also seems Momoclo is not as popular nowadays as they were in 2012/2013-ish. Maybe that's because they've lost some of the wackiness that they really had a lot of in their early work.

• February 2016
    487 Reputation
    1.Santa-san!
    2. Roudou Sanka, GOUNN, and Chai Maxx
    3. Mite Mite Kochichi and Mirai Bowl
    4. Just like Matthecat said, Popularity will come in waves. Some years AKB or H!P will be more popular, you never know. These numbers will hopefully increase over some time, still waiting on the MV so yeah, Hakkin no Yoake might be a big hit or something.

• February 2016
    220 Reputation
    Interesting...

1) Otome Sensou (Saraba is a close 2nd)
    2) D No Junjou
    3) Naitemo
    4) Besides KISS colab, the newer songs have been relatively mellow. But with the total zaniness of WE ARE BORN, I expect 2016 to be a good year for them. It also doesn't help that the older videos on Stardust aren't available in the states (and I'm assuming all other countries as well)

• February 2016
    21 Reputation
    1- Neo-Stargate though that "We Are Born" Youtube cut may be in the running
    2- Neo-Stargate
    3- Naitemo (I loooove this song (well live anyway) but people really like this video? Kinda bland for Momoclo.
    4- Do you think their new videos are getting less views? No. There are some surges for certain videos. The "We Are Born" numbers are steadily increasing considering it just game out. It should hit 500k soon and probably a million when they perform the song.

Is it their popularity with the general public? No clue.

As far as the popularity of other vids, as folks said, exclusivity plays a large part with that. It's not on the channel which is really odd. The channel seems to be just promo vids with the occasional vid. I'm hoping its handlers will actually use it a bit more effectively though I think all these teasers can be a bit overwhelming.

People don't check Youtube? Their videos are not as interesting as before?

It depends on the market. In the US, Youtube is how people discover music. Also, if an artist isn't posting the link on their twitter or soudcloud, he or she is posting a link on Youtube so it's also the source for new music. I can't speak for Japan so I don't know.

I actually think their videos have gotten better and better technically - some of those early videos needed serious post-work (color correction in particular). "We Are Born" is fantastic. It's overflowing with color and imagination. If there was a vid that kinda defines MCZ to a foreign audience, I think "We Are Born" may be it. I've played it to a lot of music folks and they dig it. I also think 2016 is going to be a huge year for them.

• February 2016
    21 Reputation
    1- Neo-Stargate though that "We Are Born" Youtube cut maybe in the running
    2- Neo-Stargate
    3- Naitemo (I loooove this song (well live anyway) but people really like this video? Kinda bland for Momoclo.
    4- Do you think their new videos are getting less views? No. There are some surges for certain videos. The "We Are Born" numbers are steadily increasing considered it just game out. It should hit 500k soon and probably a million when they perform the song.

Is it their popularity with the general public? No clue.

As far as popularity of other vids, as folks said, exclusivity plays a large part with that. It's not on the channel which is really odd. The channel seems to be just promo vids with the occasional vid. I'm hoping its handlers will actually use it a bit more effectively though I think the all these teasers are bit overwhelming.

People don't check Youtube? Their videos are not as interesting as before?

It depends on the market. In the US, Youtube is how people discover music and if an artist isn't posting the link on their twitter or soudcloud, it's also the source for new music. I can't speak for Japan so I don't know

I actually think their videos have gotten better and better technically - some of those early videos needed serious post-work (color correction in particular). "We Are Born" is fantastic. It's overflowing with color and imagination. If there was a vid that kinda defines MCZ to a foreign audience, I think "We Are Born" may be it. I've played it to a lot of music folks and they dig it. I also think 2016 is going to be a huge year for them.