General Discussion
  • March 2013
    79 Reputation
    Greyface said:

Totally different topic... But, how do people know when there's a Ustream going on? I pretty much only check it for recorded videos, but they don't record most of what they broadcast... Is there some way to get alerts?

i usually find out from kwkm's twitter or i go into the momoclo/ももクロ hashtag on twitter to find out. some fans usually know before every anyone else for some reason lol

• eyelesseyeless

March 2013
    2256 Reputation
    Greyface said:

Totally different topic... But, how do people know when there's a Ustream going on? I pretty much only check it for recorded videos, but they don't record most of what they broadcast... Is there some way to get alerts?

Register a ustream account, follow momoclotv, and you'll get an email if they broadcast something.

• Lak

March 2013
    122 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Greyface said:

Register a ustream account, follow momoclotv, and you'll get an email if they broadcast something.

Yep, thats what I did. Surprisingly I was able to catch a few as soon as it happened ;P

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    「サラバ、愛しき悲しみたちよ」〜「ドリフの早口言葉」ダンプレリハ

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation

lol slowly but surely every member is posing without that face mask for magezines, its only reni now /nyahaha

so i just ran across this article
    http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/7510990/

and if my summaries/translations are right it seems as though TV asahi picked up momocloChan to rival akbingo. Apparently their rival station hosts akbingo, so in the article they say the only idols that can successfully rival akb is momoclo Thus is a reason why they picked up the net show.

A/N: please correct me if i'm wrong /please

^
    I add a few things.

Although AKB appears on "MUSIC STATION", they do not appear on the other program of TV Asahi.
    It has two reasons.

TV Asahi has small budgets which make a program.
    Therefore, TV Asahi seldom uses the high popular personality of a performance fee.

When making AKB appear on a program, there are various agreements and it is troublesome.
    And a TV Asahi may receive many criticism by AKB fans.
    It is extremely troubling to co-star and sponsor.

TV Asahi has made them appear on a program, before Momoclo becomes popularity.
    The expectations of TV Asahi seem to want to cast as Momoclo an idol against AKB.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

It is TV channel which can be watched in Tokyo.

NHK:Kouhaku
    NHK Eテレ:青山ワンセグ開発(Aoyama Wansegu Kaihatsu)The ended program
    日本テレビ(Nihon Terebi):メレンゲの気持ち(Meringue no Kimochi)
    TBS:ももクロ団(Momoclo Dan)The ended program
    フジテレビ(Fuji Terebi):Mezamashi Doyoubi's theme song←New
    テレビ朝日(Terebi Asahi):ももクロChan(Momoclo Chan)←New
    テレビ東京(Terebi Tokyo):ウレロ☆未確認少女(Urero ☆ Mikakuninshojo)The ended program

Satellite Broadcasting
    BS(Free)
    BS Asahi:ももクロChan(Momoclo Chan)←New

CS(Pay)
    CS テレ朝チャンネル(CS Tele Asa Channel):
    別冊ももクロChan(Bessatsu Momoclo Chan)
    もも見(Momo Ken)The ended program
    TBSチャンネル(TBS Channel):ももクロ団(Momoclo Dan)The ended program

• eyelesseyeless

March 2013
    2256 Reputation
    Somehow I missed that AaarinPink's post ..

It must have something to do with that 10,000 yen challenge show as well, which Kasai Tomomi (AKB member) escaped from. I heard TV Asahi is really pissed because of that.

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    ^Tv asahi was VERY pissed and fans are speculating this to be one of the reasons for her graduation. I'm glad that nhk and asahi aren't afraid of sponsoring the girls with aki-p having some weird control over the entertainment business....it finally gets interesting /cool i remember aki-p saying that he doesnt see the girls as a threat, i wonder if he does now especially since their current popularity seems to be eclipsing everything akb(well the wota market still wholeheartedly belong to akb though).

btw since we're on the topic of momoclochan i wonder if they're going to start from the beginning or if they're going to continue from where the net show leaves off :?:

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    can someone translate the question?

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    Which female idol do you like?
    Which male idol do you like?

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo×しまむら(Shimamura) Campaign

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    ぱいせん↑↑ ‏@momo_krt
    この漢字が全部読めればモノノフ
    You are Mononofu if you can read this Kanji.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2013
    2256 Reputation

can someone translate the question?

From which magazine is that? and good answer /nyahaha

^Tv asahi was VERY pissed and fans are speculating this to be one of the reasons for her graduation. I'm glad that nhk and asahi aren't afraid of sponsoring the girls with aki-p having some weird control over the entertainment business....it finally gets interesting /cool i remember aki-p saying that he doesnt see the girls as a threat, i wonder if he does now especially since their current popularity seems to be eclipsing everything akb(well the wota market still wholeheartedly belong to akb though).

btw since we're on the topic of momoclochan i wonder if they're going to start from the beginning or if they're going to continue from where the net show leaves off :?:

If I remember right, Aki P said that's nothing special with Momoclo on an interview with him and Tsunku. I guess Aki P made a lot of mistakes lately /nyahaha
    I guess every AKB's problem right now is Momoclo's luck

momomofu said:

ぱいせん↑↑ ‏@momo_krt
    この漢字が全部読めればモノノフ
    You are Mononofu if you can read this Kanji.

I can't even read their normal kanji /whisper

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    Hint

These Kanji do not exist in fact.
    Five people

Answer

Spoiler:
    百田夏菜子(モモタカナコ) 高城れに(タカギレニ)
    玉井詩織(タマイシオリ)  佐々木彩夏(ササキアヤカ)
    有安杏果(アリヤスモモカ)

It is the coined word which changed the Momoclo member's name into katakana and combined it.

• domdom

March 2013
    10 Reputation
    ^
    LoL, their words play now has been escalated into creating a new Kanji /nyahaha

• March 2013
    284 Reputation
    Now that you give away the secret, I can totally see the names! SO GREAT!

Also, I remember seeing an interview with Akimoto-sensei, and he was asked about MomoClo & the Hello!Pro...

He said something like, "It's amazing that they've done this well" about MomoClo. I took that as a sign that he knows his own corner of the industry, but doesn't know the general feeling of the market. But seriously, part of what makes MomoClo so special is that they're NOT given traditional Idol treatment by Stardust. They're like... free-range idols! Of course Akimoto-sensei doesn't get that. He's and OG traditionalist.

(Incidentally, he said that Hello!Pro was in a different category because Tsunku was a musician first, and a producer second, so Hello!Pro was always on the cutting edge musically (of what Tsunku was interested in))

But, let's not spit on Akimoto-sensei just yet...

1: AKB48 ushered in the Idol Sengoku Jidai. Before AKB48 came into the spotlight (River), Hello!Pro was a MoWota ghetto with about 30,000 fans in Japan, no more, often less. No other idols were really worth talking about.

2: MomoClo themselves are fans of AKB48, and probably would have fought about becoming (kinda) idols, if not for their fandom

3: AKB48 is a money printing factory juggernaut. If any of you have been to Akihabara you know just how much product AKB48 moves.

4: ○○48 fandom is spread over like 5 groups, which bleeds fandom in polls.

5: ○○48 are still 逢いにいくアイドル (ai ni iku aidoru), near-daily shows in 6? 7? different cities. MomoClo can't honestly claim 今に会えるアイドル (ima ni aeru aidoru) anymore...

All that said, I never really got into ○○48, but it's bad karma to look down our noses at them and their fans.

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    i don't look down on XXX48 at all.....i just enjoy the friendly competition /walk

As for aki-p's comment since I don't really follow aki-p that much other than what people may post in forums i didn't know what context his comment was in. He's usually called an idol genius and is said to be aware of the latest trends in the idol world so when i read his comment about momoclo it rubbed me the wrong way.

• March 2013
    14 Reputation
    I was big akb/ske48 fan before momoclo. I simply got bored and exhausted by it to be honest.

what attracted me to momoclo more was how much they are less of an "idol group" but more of just a group under the "idol" mold.

I treat them more as a "Band" in a sense that these 5(6?) girls in particular are momoclo, if they disband, or have a regrouping of other girls, it will not be momoclo. (think of the beatles) In that sense too, they are like someone else said more "free-range" and "non-traditional". There is more room for the agency and producers to be creative, musically, and media-wise for momoclo. As we have of course already seen in really crazy stuff they do.

and i'm just gonna say it outright. i love how they're not exposed on ShuPure or some other gravure magazine wearing 'revealing' outfits all the time. maybe they don't have the bodies for it, that can be said, but its momoclo's personality that sells for them, not their butts :lol:

but its all good, idols are love.

• asan

March 2013
    462 Reputation
    momomofu said:

You are Mononofu if you can read this Kanji

I got it, but probably because years ago there was an exhibition by some chinese artist who combined roman letters to look like kanji, one per english word. Can't find it right now.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2013
    2256 Reputation
    I myself was a big fan of AKB from around 2007, until one day I lost my interest completely /nyahaha

I like idols, and I follow a lot of groups, but I think comparing a group like Momoclo to the whole franchise is not fair. For example, Nissan Stadium concert, Momoclo will hold their solo concert there, but when they said AKB48, it's the whole franchise. Just like the video posted here before, 5 girls against 384 girls. It's never been fair from the beginning.

And just like AaarinPink, I enjoy the competition, friendly or not :)

• Carsuke

March 2013
    10 Reputation
    I've never been an idol fan, especially AKB since it's musically boring and it's more of a system to steal money from weak young minds than something artistic. I know it's harsh but Aki-P has created a monster with his handshake events system and the complete over exposition of the band. Even if you don't like them, you can't escape, they're everywhere.