General Discussion
  • Lak

March 2013
    122 Reputation

I was big akb/ske48 fan before momoclo. I simply got bored and exhausted by it to be honest.

what attracted me to momoclo more was how much they are less of an "idol group" but more of just a group under the "idol" mold.

I treat them more as a "Band" in a sense that these 5(6?) girls in particular are momoclo, if they disband, or have a regrouping of other girls, it will not be momoclo. (think of the beatles) In that sense too, they are like someone else said more "free-range" and "non-traditional". There is more room for the agency and producers to be creative, musically, and media-wise for momoclo. As we have of course already seen in really crazy stuff they do.

and i'm just gonna say it outright. i love how they're not exposed on ShuPure or some other gravure magazine wearing 'revealing' outfits all the time. maybe they don't have the bodies for it, that can be said, but its momoclo's personality that sells for them, not their butts :lol:

but its all good, idols are love.

I never had any interest in idols before discovering momoclo on Youtube. One of the things I like about momoclo is the fact that they started out with almost nothing and worked their way to the top. I think because of this they've remained down to earth people and can truly appreciate what they have. We can always see how grateful they are at the end of their concerts. They started out as underdogs that eventually won people over with their awesome performances. Once you get to know them, its hard not to like them.

Yes that is true, the sheer number of AKB members make it unfair to properly do any comparisons.
    Also I agree with them not needing to be featured in any revealing outfits to get attention. They're just girls having fun doing what they do and it shows. They already have a huge following, they don't need to stoop down to that level just to get attention. In my opinion it would just be the wrong kind of attention anyways.

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    2009/10 akb was pretty fun though lol not gonna lie river and beginner were great songs. Wish i joined their fandom back then. But since the only girl i actually cared about is graduating soon(itano tomomi) i don't see myself getting into the fandom now. Plus i think H!P, momoclo, and occasionallyl baby metal are enough /yup

Handshake events or any type of event to sell singles for that matter are the devil honestly and it seems as though idols outside of the 48 franchise are starting to adopt this system. What makes it even worse is there are fans who run around and base their favorite idols popularity over these overhyped sells. Like do you seriously think there are 1million+ people in japan buying an akb single? I respect momoclo's Team for not doing such events tbh.

But yeah back to the topic greyface is right lol lets not jinks the momoclo girls with bad karma

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    eyeless said:

can someone translate the question?

From which magazine is that? and good answer /nyahaha

The person who posted it didnt say but i'm sure its from some teen magazine, i'll try looking more into it /yup

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    momoclo are live right now on some nhk radio program....sorry i didnt get the name

http://www.nhk.or.jp/radiosp/deai/

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo appeared on the radio program today.

Why did you want to become a singer?
    Kanako answered.
    "NO MUSIC MY LIFE"

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation

momoclo are live right now on some nhk radio program....sorry i didnt get the name

http://www.nhk.or.jp/radiosp/deai/

NHK Radio
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/netradio/

ラジオ第一 ←Click

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    ^ did she mean," no music no life"? lol as expected from leader /nyahaha /rofl

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    2013/03/20
    from their nhk radio appearance

edit: from kwkm's twitter

• March 2013
    139 Reputation
    Lak said:

I never had any interest in idols before discovering momoclo on Youtube. One of the things I like about momoclo is the fact that they started out with almost nothing and worked their way to the top. I think because of this they've remained down to earth people and can truly appreciate what they have. We can always see how grateful they are at the end of their concerts. They started out as underdogs that eventually won people over with their awesome performances. Once you get to know them, its hard not to like them.

^ That's exactly how i feel about Momoclo, i remember reading a couple of articles about how they struggled to come this far, and even though they are so popular now, they they haven't changed that much.

I really enjoy reading all your thoughts, I'll try to participate a little more in the future /yup

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation

^ did she mean," no music no life"? lol as expected from leader /nyahaha /rofl

The leader whom we love is great. /yup

• eyelesseyeless

March 2013
    2256 Reputation
    That's a good answer, tho I think all members join Stardust to become actress not singer lol

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    bea's up advert

more pics of the girls today

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    fan pics
    credit: @NaNKo1123

credit: @IHOHJIN

kwkm's twitter
    To be updated

• asan

March 2013
    462 Reputation

fan pics

That's NHK building security, right? They're not walking around with bodyguards (unless you count kwkm)

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo may do a short live performance from now on.

NHK Radio
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/netradio/

ラジオ第一 ←Click

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    らじる ‏@nhk_radiru
    ももクロの 特別番組は 夜8時台に 放送予定ラジ♪ 
    お楽しみに~ラジ\(^o^)/ #radiru
    Momoclo's special program will be broadcast from time around 20:00.

It seems that Momoclo do not a live performance.

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    asan said:

fan pics

That's NHK building security, right? They're not walking around with bodyguards (unless you count kwkm)

yeah they're nhk's men.
    I can agree with them though because not everyone out there were momonofu and may not give the girls a respectable distance.

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    nhk pic spam 3

Spoiler:

• March 2013
    79 Reputation
    momomofu said:

らじる ‏@nhk_radiru
    ももクロの 特別番組は 夜8時台に 放送予定ラジ♪ 
    お楽しみに~ラジ\(^o^)/ #radiru
    Momoclo's special program will be broadcast from time around 20:00.

It seems that Momoclo do not a live performance.

fans are speculating them being regulars.
    I doubt it though since they already have,"momoclo club xoxo".

• March 2013
    5201 Reputation
    Kanako
    "NO MUSIC, MY LIFE"