Random Talk
  • ebizoriebizori

January 28
    2806 Reputation
    First PV of "NiceToMeetYou"

I began to follow them a year ago because of Madoka "Madorun" and Sayaka Kamitsuki (2 real brilliants)
    And last summer Misaki-cnan appeared as a new member and immediately reminded me of Matsuno Rina

• April 11
    4653 Reputation

Well everyone is free to judge facts the way he/she wants
    After what happened in Italy, Spain and France I am happy to live in a country that trusts the scientiest and virologists and does what it takes to protect the weak

Are you saying that Germany has more faith in science and medicine than Japan? (don't get me wrong, Germany is doing an amazing job fighting this thing, but I doubt your government is more rational than Japan's)

First off you can't compare the situation in Germany which has borders to nine different countries to Japan which has 0
    Secondly there is a difference in political/social thinking between Asia and Europe. Broadly speaking In Asian society stands way above the individual, in the West it's the other way around. So what's important in one neck of the woods has another importance somewhere else
    Thirdly transparency isn't really a high factor in Japanese politics. So I am rather hesitant about their numbers
    I really hope Japan will get through the crisis okay though

• April 11
    4653 Reputation
    As for those graves New York City Mayor Press Secretary Freddi Goldstein said:

Usually, about 25 people are buried on the island each week. But since coronavirus began claiming victims in the US, she said there are 25 people buried there each day.

And I doubt that someone like Trump whose ONLY concern is himself and his re-election would adopt the current measures if not needed

• April 11
    506 Reputation
    I don't think it's a coincidence that the Japanese measures started up for real after the Olympics were postponed. They were playing a game of chicken with the IOC to see who backed out first, since that part ends up paying the costs. Once the IOC backed down and said to postpone it Japan were free to calling it a crisis and begin shutting down other events and stuff in the country.

• April 12
    446 Reputation

Let's continue this over here, shall we

I said everything I had to say, for now. Let's table this, continue in a few months, when there's more to say (because there will be more data on it).

For instance, Germany is starting a wide study on the true infection and mortality rates, which will complement the studies already done in Korea. We will also have more definitive comparisons on infection and death rates between different nations. I expect that those studies will prove these suspicions I (and many others who bother thinking for themselves, instead of just accepting official statements as fact) have:

1. the mortality rate of COVID-19 is as low or lower than that of seasonal flu. So under 0.6%. Infection rates are lower as well, so deaths related to Covid will end up far below those related to seasonal flu, on any 12 month period you wish to look at. That's despite it catching medical science somewhat by surprise, while the flu has been around, giving us many decades to develop treatments, vaccines, reasonable preventive measures people are actually willing to follow (as opposed to these panicked stay at home, don't talk to anyone orders no one in their right mind would obey), etc.

2. Lockdowns will have proven ineffective, and countries like Sweden, Japan, etc. will not have higher infection and death rates than countries with sweeping, economy busting and psychologically harmful, police and military enforced stay at home orders.

One notable exception to this: targeted lockdowns, like the Chinese one, where they sealed off hotspots, but left the vast majority of their population free to live their lives, will be proven effective. (the US, for instance, would have benefited greatly from such a targeted lockdown of NY. But when the federal government tried to seal off the NY area from the rest of the country, there was a knee jerk reaction opposing the idea. The NY governor floated the idea of "civil war" in response, I believe.

3. Covid-19 will not affect death rates, in the medium or long term, in any nation or area. Even in the NY tri-state area or Lombardy (which seem to be the two most affected regions) death rates over let's say the 2020-2022 period will not be higher than death rates over the previous or subsequent three year periods. That's because, when the media and politicians attribute 100,000, or however many, deaths to Covid, those are mostly people who would have died anyway, from their pre-existing conditions, or some other infection, at some point in the next 3 years.

But, again, these are just suspicions, for now. We will know for a fact in 2-3 months, once enough data is out (well, the last one, only in 3 years). I'll be looking at that data anyway, so, if I remember to, I'll post it, or PM it to you.

• April 12
    4653 Reputation
    In other words we who value the opinions and trust people which are experts in their fields are dumb sheeps who can't think for themselves
    Well all I can say to that is "maaaaahhhh"

• April 12
    446 Reputation

In other words we who value the opinions and trust people which are experts in their fields are dumb sheeps who can't think for themselves
    Well all I can say to that is "maaaaahhhh"

Talking heads, bureaucrats and politicians aren't experts at anything except demagogy and wielding power gratuitously.

Like I said: the experts will have their say in a few months, when enough data is in. Then we can talk.

• April 12
    4653 Reputation
    I am talking about virologists and physicians. Those are the ones that politicians base their decisions upon.
    At least here where I live

And when there's one thing I don't like as well it's a generalized populist put down of politicians.

• May 10
    4653 Reputation
    Testing

• May 12
    4653 Reputation
    You probably have noticed that this forum which has brought us so much joy over the years has had its problems

It was always rather unstable and I don't know how many times I have waited until they had "ironed the kinks"
    The last contact I had with the SysOp eyless was last September
    More than half a year later I have given up hope
    I have no idea if he's still there, if the forum is still maintained and whether the domain will be renewed or not.
    Aside from the fact that the link momoiroclover.net will give you a construction page

Since I was pretty tired of these uncertainties and the technical problems lately I have decided to create a new forum
    Together with my partner-in-crime Ceremdra we are giving you

https://stardustplanet.info/

Together with the Discord this will give all Stardust fans a safe meeting place
    https://discord.gg/nyNCNAq

I have made a browsable mirror of this forum and will upload that should the forum itself disappear
    So no information is lost.
    But it would be better if y'all will post in the new place now