[SINGLE]13th Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina
  • January 2015
    262 Reputation
    It's got a good chorus, but it does just kind of feel like it's spinning its wheels in the last third.

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^ I agree. I was thinking the same thing when I first heard it. I'm hoping there is more to the song because it had such an abrupt ending. I really love the music though.

*The song is very catchy.

• mavmav

January 2015
    171 Reputation
    I'll do a "first impressions" blog post in a few days, but here's a quick summary of my thoughts

-It falls into the same trap of many Momoclo songs of being too high in register(verses). High registers work for Momoclo in certain songs, but not this one. The girl's can only sing powerfully when they're in lower registers, and power is required for this kind of song. Even lowering it by one or two semitones would have worked wonders. Then again, there have been a few songs where they did much better power-wise during live performances rather than the CD version, so I'm hoping this is one of those cases.

-The chorus structure of flowing into the next verse is interesting, but they should have changed it up a bit for one final part, to give it a "resolution"

-I understand that they wanted a "dreamy," "floating" sequence in the bridge section to fit in with the theme, but the transition was very awkward.... I would have preferred if they just went directly into the riff+brass verse part....that part actually had a good buildup that sounded badass

-A final chorus with some variation would have been nice(think Neo Stargate or Kuroi Shuumatsu) , and I think a sudden stop with the drums would have been much better than the fade out

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    Sasaki's vocal quality really shines in rock songs :)

Song's obviously missing its last chorus and the big finish. It's a recording from their weekly radio program isn't it? I guess it had been cut off, just like that happens on every station.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    the version that was up there earlier was about 4:30 long, I'd be surprised if there was anything cut out.

e: just listened to it again. Only two choruses, second one ends at about 2:40... song then goes on for another 2 minutes with no climax. How odd.

• January 2015
    144 Reputation
    For some reason, I couldn't get the song to play before, so I just heard it now. I like the sound of it overall, but the last section is quite strange; I'd be surprised if this is the whole song. For one thing, it really feels like the quiet bridge was meant to build up into a solo of some sort, but it just goes back to the main riff. Also, like everyone's said, there's no third chorus, and the part where this one ends sounds just like it should lead into the chorus. On the other hand, that whole part after the bridge seems kind of like an outro, as it's really long for a middle section. Maybe there was a solo and chorus that got edited out?

• January 2015
    38 Reputation
    If this has already been posted, I missed it. You notice how quiet Gene is when he isn't talking about Kiss or himself? Nothing else exists in his world.

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    guitar legend Shinji Wajima of heavy metal band Ningen Isu will participate as the lead guitar in Rock and Roll All Nite
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/135783
    Spoiler:

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation

• January 2015
    93 Reputation
    Momoka and Reni are as small on the Momoclo version as they are on the KISS version. :P
    Sometimes, I kinda do think they are being treated a bit unfairly on the covers.

• eyelesseyeless

January 2015
    2256 Reputation
    I like KISS version more :P

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I do like the KISS cover more too. I get what they're trying to do in the momoclo one, trying to make them look a bit like paintings, but specially Kanako's face looks weirdly photoshoped.

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    +1 for the kiss cover, why does Reni's serious-face look so weird in single covers?
    Spoiler:

• January 2015
    38 Reputation

Momoka and Reni are as small on the Momoclo version as they are on the KISS version. :P
    Sometimes, I kinda do think they are being treated a bit unfairly on the covers.

I've been thinking that for years. Group shots are so predictable: big KANAKO, smaller Shiorin and A-rin, tiny momoka and reni.
    eyeless said:

I like KISS version more :P

So do I. =D>

• January 2015
    904 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

+1 for the kiss cover, why does Reni's serious-face look so weird in single covers?

Spoiler:

She's just really awkward. Not as awkward as the Reni of the 0 era but she's still really awkward at times XD

Spoiler:
    shows off her shy side but still adorable awkward XD

• mavmav

January 2015
    171 Reputation
    Nvm, didnt see that momonofu already posted
    momomofu said:

January 23
    Music Station
    Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    夢の浮世に咲いてみな/ももいろクローバーZ vs KISS(YUMENO UKIYONI SAITEMINA/MOMOIRO CLOVER Z vs KISS)

• January 2015
    644 Reputation
    Who did the animation for the video? The style is similar to Kill La Kill. I really liked it.

• OM617OM617

January 2015
    176 Reputation
    I tuned in to the special program just in time to catch the video premier.
    Its actually better than I expected. The animation is top shelf.

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    せっぷん(Seppun)=KISS