California Mononofu Club
  • July 2015
    163 Reputation
    After attending the ももクロ live in L.A. Anime Expo I feel the need to start a club in my city to try and bring mononofus together. I've noticed some mononofu groups in Japan categorized by prefecture (i.e. Tochigi Prefecture mononofu club & Gunma Prefecture mononofu club). The purpose of these groups is to bring people together and share experiences with everything related to momoclo. Gatherings include karaoke nights, dinners, concert live viewings to memorize the chants, member birthday celebrations and other events that include socializing and meeting new people. for example. Since I opened my twitter I've already met a couple of people who live around my city and like this idea. The club name I came up with is 「北カリフォルニアモノノフ会」 Anyone that lives in Northern California and is interested in joining, let me know. Just thought I'd share this with everyone here. You should get active and start these kinds of gatherings around your city. After all, Reni did promise us that they were going to come back to the U.S. We have to be prepared.

• July 2015
    20 Reputation
    I would have been interested in joining your group, but I live in SoCal, lol.
    I think this idea is pretty interesting, though. I'd like to see someone be able to pull it off in other cities.

• July 2015
    322 Reputation
    ^ Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I don't know a lot of mononofu from northern CA either. It definitely is a super cool idea though.

• July 2015
    163 Reputation
    I've been having talks with people in L.A about a potential So-Cal club. The club would be based out from one of these 3 cities: Hawthorne, Whittier or Montebello. I visit L.A. about 3/4 times a year but if talks go as planned I'll be visiting more often to organize the gatherings.

• July 2015
    116 Reputation
    Nice! I'm also in the SoCal boat; Orange County to be more specific. Sounds like a cool idea as long as there are enough Momonofu concentrated in any area.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    This sounds cool, I was actually talking to my nephew and friend about it a few days ago. Anyways, I'm in Burbank with my nephew Bunnseng and John Tan is in Chinatown. We'd be down to hang out every now and then for this. I'm sure my friend Saori would love to join us too. I'll ask on FB if anyone else would be interested in doing this as well. The more the merrier :D

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    I made the post in the FB group. After a few days I'll see who we have that is interested in doing this. Then we can start planning for time and location.

• July 2015
    20 Reputation
    If it's in Burbank that would be doable for me. I live in the valley.

• July 2015
    163 Reputation
    I'm thinking whether it would be better to have the clubs categorized by California North & South or by counties.
    北カリフォルニアモノノフ会 [Northern California Mononofu Club] 14,573,946 habitants
    南カリフォルニアモノノフ会 [Southern California Mononofu Club] 22,680,010 habitants

Seperating the club by counties would look something like this:

ロサンゼルス郡モノノフ会(Los Angeles County Mononofu Club) 4,045,873 habitants
    オレンジ郡モノノフ会(Orange County Mononofu Club) 3,145,515 habitants
    サンタクララ郡モノノフ会(Santa Clara County Mononofu Club) 1,894,605 habitants
    サンマテオ郡モノノフ会(San Mateo County Mononofu Club) 718,451 habitants

The reason I thought about this is because counties are relatively similar to a Prefecture from Japan - Shizuoka Prefecture (3,774,471),Hiroshima Prefecture(2,857,990). Maybe in the future we can have connections with people in Japan similar to the sister city social aggrements we have here in the U.S with cities abroad.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    So from the FB group we have 7 people including myself interested so far. I'll give it a few days to see if there will be anyone else with interest for it. I made a SoCal Mononofu FB group. So it would be easier to organize for the gatherings. I think making it by counties would stretch the number too thin as we don't really have that many to begin with. Number of inhabitants doesn't reflect the number of interested mononofus. And I think for something that will be maybe a once a month type of meeting, including a bigger range would be ok. Still time and locations are NOT set yet. As far as location goes, we will TRY to make it fair for everyone involved. Some live ALOT farther than others. We'll discuss it when we get a more definitive number of participants.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    double post...

• July 2015
    20 Reputation
    Link to the Facebook group?

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    I think we should see who is willing to participate before we choose a location to meet. We don't want people to get discouraged at seeing a location they might not want to go to. Once we know where everyone is from, we can pick a neutral location or which ever one works best for everyone.

• July 2015
    322 Reputation
    I am most definitely willing to at least try, lol. With school on the horizon again, and with mostly advanced classes, my problem wouldn't be so much location as it would be schedule. I'm sure I could figure something out though, especially if the meetups are on the weekend.

• July 2015
    163 Reputation
    I already have plans for every weekend in July. I'll be able to go down to L.A anytime during or after August.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    well, were not going to rush into it. Probably won't happen in July anyways. We'll need to know who we got before we can plan for time and location. So far we got like 10 people within Facebook. I'm sure we can get some more people willing to join in a day or so. Then we'll start planning. We'd want everyone to be able to at least make it to the 1st one. Ideally it will be in the weekend so more people can make it.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    I would like to try to get some of the Japanese fans to join. I know that Omi guy who organized the pre party lives in Torrance. As well as a few others I've met. For now...its just seeing WHO is interested and can participate. We're still in Stage 1: gathering people. I think we might be able to get close to 15 people which isn't bad

• July 2015
    163 Reputation
    Where ever or when ever it is I'm sure I'll be attending the first gathering in So-Cal
    Since we're getting closer to Christmas it would only be right to have a live viewing event for Momoiro Christmas 2014 @ Saitama Super Arena

for example:
    2 nights/1 weekend in August
    (first night) ももいろクリスマス2014 さいたまスーパーアリーナ大会 ~Shining Snow Story~ Day1 live viewing / after party dinner
    Spoiler:

Setlist:
    1. 上球物語 -Carpe diem-
    2. サラバ、愛しき悲しみたちよ
    3. 黒い週末
    4. 泣いちゃいそう冬
    5. DNA狂詩曲
    6. 仮想ディストピア
    7. 白い風
    8. 猛烈宇宙交響曲・第七楽章「無限の愛」
    9. 【機械+音楽、その反応と変化を見る】
    10. 堂々平和宣言
    11. My Dear Fellow
    12. ChaiMaxx ZERO
    13. サンタさん
    14. MOON PRIDE
    15. コノウタ
    16. スターダストセレナーデ
    17. 【機械+ダンス、その反応と変化を見る】
    18. CONTRADICTION
    19. 一粒の笑顔で…
    20. 行くぜっ!怪盗少女
    21. 空のカーテン
    22. overture ~ももいろクローバーZ参上!!~
    23. BIONIC CHERRY
    24. 月虹
    25. 僕等のセンチュリー
    26. 走れ!

(second night) ももいろクリスマス2014 さいたまスーパーアリーナ大会 ~Shining Snow Story~ Day2 live viewing / after party dinner
    Spoiler:

Setlist:
    1. 黒い週末
    2. 猛烈宇宙交響曲・第七楽章「無限の愛」
    3. 僕等のセンチュリー
    4. 泣いちゃいそう冬
    5. 仮想ディストピア
    6. 泣いてもいいんだよ
    7. 空のカーテン
    8. サラバ、愛しき悲しみたちよ
    9. 【機械+音楽、その反応と変化を見る】
    10. BIONIC CHERRY
    11. 堂々平和宣言
    12. ChaiMaxx ZERO
    13. サンタさん
    14. My Dear Fellow
    15. 上球物語 -Carpe diem-
    16. スターダストセレナーデ
    17. 【機械+ダンス、その反応と変化を見る】
    18. GOUNN
    19. 一粒の笑顔で…
    20. 行くぜっ!怪盗少女
    21. 月虹
    22. overture ~ももいろクローバーZ参上!!~
    23. MOON PRIDE
    24. 白い風
    25. コノウタ
    26. 灰とダイヤモンド

If someone can't make it do day 1 they can attend the second day of the event or vice versa. I'll wait to see who's willing to participate, then we can start setting up dates.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    I'm going to give people a few days so they'll have time to respond. I don't mind the 2 day event but not sure if we'll get enough people for both days to make it work yet. Everyone is pretty spread out as far as location is concerned. Some might not want to travel the distance twice in such a short time. Which is why I'm thinking maybe doing it once a month. But when we have more people, we can discuss and plan for it later. Probably vote on it.

• July 2015
    10 Reputation
    Im more northern cali and i remember speaking to jose about norcal im still down