• Lak

April 2016
    122 Reputation
    concert viewing
    group photo:

• Lak

August 2016
    122 Reputation
    So we are having our next SoCal Mononofu Meet, which I'm calling "the End of Summer Meet". Mainly for a few of the people who will be going back to school, making it harder for them to join us for our usual meets. Anyways it'll be happening on SUNDAY, August 14th starting at 6:30pm I'm expecting a few new faces as well as the usual group of people. And as usual we'll have the potluck, game & prizes and the concert viewing.

• Lak

August 2016
    122 Reputation
    Some photos of the August 14th event:
    potluck
    everyone grubbing
    waiting for concert viewing to start
    one of the exclusive high quality prints that was being given away

• Lak

August 2016
    122 Reputation
    More photos:
    Winner of 2nd print
    Choosing random raffle prize
    having fun
    more fun

• Lak

August 2016
    122 Reputation
    More photo
    Strings of Fate poster choice
    winner of Momoka's CD from rocks, paper & scissor game
    remaining players of a game
    concert viewing

• Lak

August 2016
    122 Reputation
    last one:
    group photo, about 7 people left early before we took this photo

• Lak

November 2016
    122 Reputation
    I've been really busy and haven't visited here in awhile. Anyways for people going to the MCZ concert in Los Angeles. I will be hosting a PRE-CONCERT DINNER on Wednesday, Nov 16 from 7:30pm-10pm. It will take place at the Bulgogi Hut which is about 4 blocks away from the Wiltern. I need to make reservations tomorrow...sorry late notice. If anyone would like to join us. PLEASE let me know ASAP!!! Below is the info

So heres what you need to know for the Pre-Concert Dinner:

Event is from 7:30pm- 10pm They will charge $25 for every 1/2 hour for an "over staying fee" We have the tables for 2.5 hours. We need to LEAVE by 10pm

There is an automatic 18% gratuity fee included in bill.

We will ALL have SAME CHOICE from the menu so everyone pays the same amount. Just want to keep this as SIMPLE as possible. Drinks for individuals will be extra. We will have a poll for menu B or C ( thats only 2 choices for big parties ) We'll vote for it in a poll. So far looks like it'll be Menu B

PLEASE HAVE CASH WITH CHANGE !!! I will be collecting money for the bill. That is simplest way to handle the deposit I have to put down.

PLEASE BE ON TIME. They will start giving away reserved seats if you're 25mins late. And you might just be put in any available seat that won't be near the group.
    There is a charge of $15 for anyone not attending ( no show ) or eating. So please make sure you're DEFINITELY going AND eat, if you ask to join us.

You can either post a comment below or message me. Also tweet me at @SoCalMononofu is fine. I'll need exact number before I make a reservation. I'll do that tomorrow night.

• November 2016
    96 Reputation
    I just wanted to jump in here and say a big "thank you" to you guys for being such awesome mononofu and welcoming to all of us out-of-towners. I can't say that I had any long conversations with any of you or even introduced myself, but we chatted a little when some of you gave free homemade handouts or made videos for Youtube. Lak, I think it was you that gave out those Momoka prints/mini-posters. Very cool! Anyway, you all rock, and maybe next year if I travel west again for a show (I'm in Texas), I'll open up some more and chat with you guys.

• Lak

November 2016
    122 Reputation

I just wanted to jump in here and say a big "thank you" to you guys for being such awesome mononofu and welcoming to all of us out-of-towners. I can't say that I had any long conversations with any of you or even introduced myself, but we chatted a little when some of you gave free homemade handouts or made videos for Youtube. Lak, I think it was you that gave out those Momoka prints/mini-posters. Very cool! Anyway, you all rock, and maybe next year if I travel west again for a show (I'm in Texas), I'll open up some more and chat with you guys.

Yeah, I was handing out Momoka prints after I gave away all the coasters. Always happy to talk to another mononofu.

• Lak

December 2016
    122 Reputation
    With everything going on for me, I forgot to mention that the SoCal Mononofu will have our next meet on Sun, Dec 18th starting at 7pm in Chinatown. Potluck, games, raffles, concert viewing, dancing hand just having fun are things you can expect. I bought a new projector to go with our 120" rear projector screen from a Black Friday sale :D Everyone always leaves happy. If you will be around town that evening and want to join us. Feel free to message me for more details.

• Lak

June 2017
    122 Reputation
    I decided to host an event during Anime Expo weekend on Sunday, July 2nd. Time is from 7pm - 11pm in our usual Chinatown location. I made a FB Event page for it, for people to confirm and discuss. If you don't have FB, feel free to message me about it. I'm hoping to get a huge gathering of mononofu
    https://m.facebook.com/events/463516537326411?ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic