California Mononofu Club
  • Lak

December 2015
    122 Reputation

Hello Lak & nemurenatta, I'm back again. Can you message me the address? I've already asked for the day off to attend the gathering on the 30/31st

Welcome back, here is the address and I'll message you for more details
    200 Mildred Ave, Venice, CA 90291

• Lak

December 2015
    122 Reputation
    Basically for this New Years event we will be sleeping over at the location. There are plenty of couches but people should probably bring a blanket or sleeping bag as well. Starts 10pm on Wed, Dec30 and ends on Thurs Dec 31st at 10am. We plan to stream some activities and talk a little about our group/members as well as Mononofu Fan News which is an English site run by Angela Tsai, with up to date information regarding MCZ and its fans. I highly recommend it: http://mononofutv.blogspot.jp/

• zantua

December 2015
    10 Reputation
    Just got back from the New Years event. Glad to meet mononofu's in the area. Had a blast with my overall hour sleep to get into the new year. Best part of the night was the ebizori at midnight.

Nice to just get to know new people that are into momoclo.

Can't wait for the next event, I shall see you all there.

• Lak

December 2015
    122 Reputation
    zantua said:

Just got back from the New Years event. Glad to meet mononofu's in the area. Had a blast with my overall hour sleep to get into the new year. Best part of the night was the ebizori at midnight.

Nice to just get to know new people that are into momoclo.

Can't wait for the next event, I shall see you all there.

We're happy that you and Lennie was able to make it to the countdown event. It actually didn't go according to plan but it worked out anyways so that didn't matter. Also thanks for bringing the shu creams!!! We hope to see you guys at our normal event in Chinatown.

• Lak

December 2015
    122 Reputation
    Here is the group photo Richard took on his phone:

• December 2015
    322 Reputation
    Ah! Hope Lennie can make it to other events as well! Hope you all had a blast! And see you next time!

• zantua

January 2016
    10 Reputation
    Forgot to mention. I do have 3 posters that is Momoclo Daibouken themed sitting in my closet. I can bring those to raffle off next time.

• January 2016
    11 Reputation
    I have 5 extra Momoclo x Sailor Moon (Moon Pride) Posters that i can bring as well. As a suggestion, next gathering could we have a live viewing for different groups (i.e. Ebichu, Syachi, Takoniji)? Most of us are already familiar with other stardust section groups. It would be nice to show support and meet other fans.

• January 2016
    322 Reputation
    I have a few extra posters myself, just need to check which ones I've got. I also do support viewing for other groups at least once in a while. It would definitely not be a fruitful endeavour to extend fan clubs to them in particular, I don't think their following is big enough despite the fact that most of us are already familiar with them all. I think we should still show respect for the little sisters, though. But maybe wait it out for sure until at least Syachihoko makes it in the US. Then their following will probably increase enough to do things for them more often at least.

• January 2016
    116 Reputation
    Yeah, unless there's a pretty decent following for the sister groups overseas, it'll be difficult to make meetings dedicated to a concert viewing. It would all depend on how many people in the club are interested. I'd personally love to, as a big fan of the sister groups.

• January 2016
    11 Reputation
    I definitely wouldnt mind a Mononofu gathering where we can watch most stardust groups in one night. Something like Girls Factory comes to mind but that's just a quick suggestion. It's up to the members and what they decide to do.

• Lak

January 2016
    122 Reputation
    Donations for prizes are always welcomed. Especially since we're self funded. As for viewing other Stardust groups, our group was created specifically for MCZ. Most of the members, while familiar with the other Stardust groups, don't really follow them. Out of the 24 people that been to our Events, maybe only 5 people are into other groups ( and its not necessarily the other Stardust groups they're into ) So unless we have a majority of our members wanting to watch other groups, I don't see us doing it.

So we decided the next SoCal Mononofu Event will be held on Sunday, March 27 starting at 5pm. Located at:
    Lung Kong Tin Yee Association
    989 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012

As always, we'll be doing a potluck. Have free grab bag for all attendees as well as raffles for official MCZ items. Starting at 5pm, we'll be able to have more time to hang out and get to know each other better. We'll work in some games and of course our main event will be the concert viewing. So for those interested, let me know so we can know how many people to prepare for. I hope to see as many of you there as possible. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

• Lak

January 2016
    122 Reputation
    Momoclo haru no ichidaiji 2012 is the concert we'll be viewing. Its also subtitled for the majority of us who don't understand the MC parts.

• January 2016
    11 Reputation
    Count me in! If there's anything that I can help you with let me know.

• January 2016
    322 Reputation
    I can most likely go as well but not for sure at the moment, kinda far off. My family usually doesn't do anything on Easter so I'm hoping this won't be an oddball year lol.
    Still, I'd like to help out as well if I can.

• Lak

January 2016
    122 Reputation
    Thanks for the offer guys, if anything comes up. I'll let you know. I appreciate it.

I have an idea to see if we can build a relationship with fans in Japan through an exchange program. We've already did an interactive video Q&A with some of them before. So what I hope is for fans in Japan to make fan art, crafts or whatever they want to send to us. So we can include it in our grab bags. In exchange every person that sends us something will have a grab bag sent to them as well. Before, I was asking overseas fans to do this and only Tammy participated. But this time I'm hoping it will be fans from Japan. I'll announce this on twitter as well. Please retweet if you see it and help spread the word.
    Also if you can contribute with fan art or something. It would help to not only fatten the grab bag but show the fans in Japan that there are passionate and artistic MCZ fans here as well. I would say to try to have something done by Feb 20th (4 weeks from now should be plenty of time to draw something) If you have questions please post below.

• Lak

February 2016
    122 Reputation
    We've officially changed the date from Sunday, March 27 to Saturday, March 26 instead. That Saturday was made available and the group voted to have the event on Saturday instead of Sunday. So the next SoCal Mononofu Meet will be on Saturday, March 26 and officially starts at 5pm (though some of us will be there earlier to prepare for the event)

• Lak

March 2016
    122 Reputation
    So our 3rd SoCal Mononofu Meet is coming up soon. For this event, I am getting 11"x17" prints made as part of our free grab bag, though it won't actually fit in the bag lol. The event is located in Chinatown LA and starts at 5pm. Well have potluck, games and raffles for official MCZ merch. and of course our concert viewing. Anyone interested can contact me here or twitter for more info. My twitter is: https://twitter.com/SoCalMononofu
    Here is the image of the print I'll have available for our event:

• Lak

April 2016
    122 Reputation
    some photos from the SoCal Mononofu event:

• Lak

April 2016
    122 Reputation
    more photos:
    prizes running out:
    loaner penlights
    showing prize (GOUNN CD) to the Ustream viewers