[Event] Momoiro Christmas 2015 ~Beautiful Survivors~
  • October 2015
    131 Reputation
    Tip for any foreigners (even those of us with long-term visas) planning on going to this: the JR East Kanto Area Pass includes travel to Karuizawa and is significantly cheaper than even one regular round trip shinkansen ticket from Tokyo. If you go for two days it will save you 12,000 yen.

• October 2015
    116 Reputation
    Would a 1 or 2-week JR pass cover this? I'm getting one since I'll be visiting multiple cities on my 3 week trip.

Just applied for all three days, it's all in the lottery's hands now.

• honkey5honkey5

October 2015
    304 Reputation
    AMomonofu said:

But anyways MOMOKA MUST NEVER CUT HER HAIR and um could you post up a picture so we could see how cute she looked.

http://i.imgur.com/R6jsVsi.png

Sorry for the delay, i forgot about this.. and it really wasnt a wig, they did her hair with hairpins to look like a 60´s girl - she was cosplaying as half duet of The peanuts with Leader

• October 2015
    322 Reputation
    ^ Soooo adorable. I think she could rock it if she tried, but classic Momoka will always be best Momoka.

• honkey5honkey5

October 2015
    304 Reputation
    You can tell she will be a cute grandma... Ariyasu, ariyasu oba-chan

• October 2015
    644 Reputation
    You'll have a hard time finding a place to stay in Karuizawa for a reasonable price now.
    Staying in a city along the train route is one option, while the other is commuting from Tokyo or Nagano or someplace every day.
    Dave or I will let you guys know if we have extra tickets for some of the days since we both applied for 2 tickets each. Also if anyone happens to have extra tickets, please let us know.

• October 2015
    116 Reputation

You'll have a hard time finding a place to stay in Karuizawa for a reasonable price now.
    Staying in a city along the train route is one option, while the other is commuting from Tokyo or Nagano or someplace every day.
    Dave or I will let you guys know if we have extra tickets for some of the days since we both applied for 2 tickets each. Also if anyone happens to have extra tickets, please let us know.

Two tickets each day, that's hardcore!! I would do that too to increase the odds but i couldn't spare the money :[

If commuting from Tokyo each day is a feasible option, I'm fine doing that as a last resort.

• October 2015
    91 Reputation
    I will abuse the forum again with some technicalities, hoping in the indulgence at least of those who are already doing the same...

A while ago I decided to apply for all three days. A very adventurous choice since I do not know anything about Karuizawa except for its recent historical background (and possibly a certain old Patlabor OVA「 二人の軽井沢」that is now coming to my mind)...
    While I wait like everyone else for the lottery results, I am also trying do devise some kind of trip plan, and I notice that here (apparently), only the stay in Karuizawa or the Hokuriku Shinkansen (plus "Survival Shuttle" I suppose) are considered.

The latter appears clearly feasible to me, because of the show's early start hour (and I will be in Tokyo anyway), but I was initially intrigued by the daily bus option (日帰り往復バスプラン, the so called "Pattern B", sub option A of the website), because of the chance of travelling with fellow Mononofu and also the possibility of leaving some luggage on the bus.
    I could not understand from the website if this is possible with the shuttle itself.

Disregarding the "price" factor (the rail pass is obviously cheaper), is this option worth considering?
    Or is it too cumbersome to prepare for? (I do not even understand where the bus departure is located, in each city)
    Or is the procedure (and perhaps the payment) too difficult for foreign visitors?
    Or is the bus trip just too long?
    Is it even conceivable to try different solutions in different days (assuming the greatest luck in terms of lottery results)?

I express my gratitude in advance to those who will be so patient and kind to share their superior understanding of the matter.

• October 2015
    116 Reputation
    Results are in! I won Dec 24 and Dec 25!

Now for the hard part in figuring out everything else.... :l

• October 2015
    644 Reputation
    Lucky. I only got 24th.

• October 2015
    131 Reputation
    I also won 24th. Looks like a bunch of us will be there. Now I need to get snow gear.

• October 2015
    91 Reputation

Results are in! I won Dec 24 and Dec 25!

Same here, but my excessive ambitions about the Tour Plans seem now practically unworkable from outside Japan, as the procedure described in the JTB site is even more complicated than the AE one and apparently requires a payment via bank transfer...

I will probably use the Shinkansen to "commute" from Tokyo.

• November 2015
    644 Reputation
    Are you guys interested in meeting up somewhere? Dave and I will be going 24 and 25. Still looking for 23 tickets...which seem impossible to get. I hope there's a 2nd round of tickets after the JTB tour packages are sorted out.

• November 2015
    131 Reputation
    ^We should all meet at Karuizawa Station (assuming we get the same buses)

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation
    wait, did MCZ announce there will be NO x-mas single this year? ( TДT)

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation
    sorry, i misread a twit. "undecided yet"

• November 2015
    116 Reputation
    Anyone going get their JTB lottery results? I haven't yet @_@

• November 2015
    116 Reputation
    Looks like I had to check the results at https://www.jtb.co.jp/form/ripple/momochri2015/index2.asp

I got my first choice! (1 night at rank B hotel, single room, 24-25 plan)

• November 2015
    644 Reputation
    So the shuttle bus schedule is up. Looks like it's first come first serve.
    Departures between:
    ●08:30~09:30
    ●09:30~10:30
    ●10:30~11:30
    Cautionary times:
    ●11:30~12:00 - Won't arrive by the time they start calling out numbers.
    ●12:00~13:00 - Won't arrive in time for calling out numbers and opening of the venue.
    ●13:00~14:00 - Won't arrive in time for the start of the concert.

What're everyone's thoughts?

• November 2015
    116 Reputation
    I'd want to hop on as soon as possible! naturally haha

surprised it's not another lottery lol