[SINGLE]16th The Golden History
  • September 2016
    264 Reputation
    Yeah, if you look at the sales numbers then Otome did really well. More than double first day sales compared to Mouretsu. I'm actually really surprised Moon Pride did so poorly. I mean, whether you like the song or not the fact that it was a tie-in should've bumped it up a fair bit. Maybe those people only listened to it and didn't buy it, though.

• September 2016
    306 Reputation
    as a plain audio track i find golden history to be okay at best. I do like it a lot better when watching the mv or live performance.

I think the single as a whole is really good and think every song fits well in the overall package

as far as the sales, i think cd sales have been trending down in japan as a whole for a few years. i would be interested to see blu ray dvd sales since i think those have been more steady if not rising.

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    For me, it don't matter if it's with the music video or live performance. This is CERTAINLY more than ok, but each to his owns.

I've already mentioned on me liking a lot of MCZ songs that others don't like much.

• September 2016
    139 Reputation
    LogDog said:

I listened to it a second time now that this video is up. Yep, still just as uninterested. I'll file The Golden History right next to Mirai Bowl under "Songs I always Skip Over No Matter What."

But like I said, you guys listen to it twice as much and twice as hard, to make up for me.

Just wanted to say that I'm right there with you, and I'm glad I'm not the only one not satisfied with this release. I have the same feeling I had back then when Syachi released Shampoo Hat and everyone seemed to love it, but I didn't. Almost dropped the group entirely but they got back to their roots on later releases, I hope the same thing happens with Momoclo. Average is not good enough.

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    But if more fans like it than dislike itthen isn't it not average? Not even the videos MV for the song show any sign of "failure" to MCZ. Heck, it might even be on its way to sale more than the 2015 singles, so I say this IS good enough for MCZ to survive and not "drop the group".

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2293 Reputation
    Наh, I like Syachi's Shampoo Hat (it's in my TOP5 of them), but I'm absolutly indifferent to GH

• September 2016
    144 Reputation
    I was pretty sidetracked in the leadup to this single, so I didn't get much of a chance to check it out until now. I'd agree with Invader that Noruka Soruka is the best song on here - I love the instrumental leads, as they remind me of those old Fruity Loops compositions by people like Dimrain47. Brings out the nostalgic feelings for me at least. :P Also, I feel that Momoclo tends to be at their best when they do soaring, dramatic melodies, and that song plays to that strength the most. I thought Hanabi was pretty interesting too, so the 3rd and 4th songs were definitely the ones that did it the most for me here.

Golden History has a pretty sweet video, and I like that even now they keep coming up with new ideas for Momoclo. The song itself wasn't all that remarkable to me though; I honestly felt like DECORATION or Noruka were more like A-side material. DECORATION is pretty neat, and sounds kind of like it's trying to go for a similar sound to what Hyadain is doing these days. However, I have to admit that it didn't impress me as much as I thought it would, but that's mostly because I had sky high expectations for invisible manners after they did Mahorovacation (I thought this was going to be the standout track of the single by a long way).

All in all, I feel like I've heard better, especially coming off the excellence of the two albums, but the non A-side tracks still have enough to keep me interested. I am starting to think that Momoclo's greatest strength is really albums rather than singles though, as it's often their less promoted songs that end up being the strongest imo (kind of like how people say that in Love Live the second song on the single is always the good one). At any rate, considering how good the albums were, I don't doubt that sooner or later they will come out with another song that knocks my socks off, even if it isn't happening with every release.

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    I like Golden History. It's a catchy song. Buuuuuuuuuut as I and many others have said, it just feels very stereotypical and safe. Momoclo usually does some really unique and weird stuff with their music. Sections of music that don't seem like they'd string together - there are some songs that sound like 7 different songs combined. This is verrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy safe. Enjoyable, but it's far from the experimental stuff that they used to put out. That's not necessarily a positive or negative, your mileage will vary, but I think it's factual to say that.

The part that REALLY bothers me and feels REALLY lazy is the "Hey hey hey" followed up by "Hey Hey Ho". I absolutely despise that part of the song. Why is that even in the song?

Also, I do not understand the theme here. From the title, to the lyrics, to the MV, to the promotional images, to the outfits... I don't understand what they were going for.

• OM617OM617

September 2016
    176 Reputation
    Yeah, I'm not much liking GOLDEN HISTORY either. All 4 songs are too "standard pop formula" with artificial music. But I agree with Badalight, I don't get what their "theme" is for this single. The title would make more sense if they were celebrating their long idol careers.

The Rōdō to GOUNN years are by far their best singles for me and Mugen No Ai is my #1 of all music favorite song. Between the normal, Emperor Style, Kokuritsu Live and Metal Clone X versions, iTunes counts I have listened to it 195 times this year (and thats not counting the rewinds before the last second where iTunes counts a "play").

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(September 8)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-09-08/
    1. 5,168 HKT48
    2. 4,755 SMAP
    3. 3,743 Momoiro Clover Z

The Golden History
    1st - 25,532
    2nd - 12,648
    3rd - *3,743

• September 2016
    306 Reputation

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    COOL!!! Can this app be purchase on American app stores? If so, what's the name of the app?

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(September 9)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-09-09/
    1. 44,101 HKT48
    2. 26,508 SMAP
    3. *4,302 Momoiro Clover Z

The Golden History
    1st - 25,532
    2nd - 12,648
    3rd - *3,743
    4th - *4,302

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I am guessing it will be nearby with weekly result of ""Z" no Chikai", a little more 50k

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(September 10)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-09-10/
    1. *6,906 SMAP
    2. *3,392 HKT48
    3. *2,595 Momoiro Clover Z

The Golden History
    1st - 25,532
    2nd - 12,648
    3rd - *3,743
    4th - *4,302
    5th - *2,595

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Weekly result
    2. 51,883 Momoiro Clover Z

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Music videos and making ofs for "The Golden History" and "Decoration" as 1920x1080 Limited Edition BD rips
    Thanks to Strategaeth @jps

https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=95410

• September 2016
    904 Reputation
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

• September 2016
    964 Reputation
    "DECORATION" MV Full

• AyakanaAyakana

September 2016
    21 Reputation
    So Im being curious about DECORATION MUSIC VIDEO
    first at 0:45 to 0:47 so its Shiorin line right but Why Ahrin is On the Screen
    2nd on 02:24~02:26 its reni showing but why i heard momoka voice singging is this a error,mistakes