[Event] Momoiro Christmas 2016 "Mafuyu no Sun Sun Summer Time"
  • MCZMCZ

December 2016
    143 Reputation
    Is There a Country,Place in the world that celebrate Christmas in Summer??

• ebizoriebizori

December 2016
    2293 Reputation
    hahaha. good question.

well, in Australia December is a summer month, so...

• ebizoriebizori

December 2016
    2293 Reputation
    on December 2014 Ebichu made concert with a similar concept. members were dressed as Papuans

• December 2016
    264 Reputation
    Yeah, everything south of the equator is summer now, so Christmas is summer time there. I remember talking to an Australian friend of mine once who told me that to her Christmas = BBQ on the beach.

• December 2016
    366 Reputation
    Christmas in summer is nothing new for me (well since I'm from a tropical country).

it was hot inside, they set the temperature to 28°C.
    the concert was fun, but unfortunately I got the worst block ever.

• December 2016
    264 Reputation
    Was there any announcement made during today's concert, by the way?

• December 2016
    366 Reputation

Was there any announcement made during today's concert, by the way?

next year is bakasawagi in certain stadium in Kanto region.

• December 2016
    264 Reputation
    Nissan Stadium? Did they give a date?

• alancsl

December 2016
    116 Reputation
    2017/8/5&6
    Ajinomoto Stadium?

• December 2016
    964 Reputation
    YES.Ajinomoto Stadium
    http://www.ajinomotostadium.com/sp/
    capacity 49,970

• December 2016
    5201 Reputation
    December 24
    [Event] Momoiro Christmas 2016 DAY2
    Setlist
    01, Naichaisou Fuyu
    02, Bokura no Century
    03, BIONIC CHERRY
    04, Chai Maxx ZERO
    05, Sora no Curtain
    MC
    06, JUMP!!!!!
    07, Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo
    08, WE ARE BORN
    09, DECORATION
    10, Kimiyuki
    MC
    11, Santa San
    12, Guns N' Diamond
    13, Koyoi Live no Moto de
    14, Neo STARGATE
    15, Mafuyu no Sun Sun Summer Time
    16, Koko Natsu
    17, SECRET LOVE STORY
    18, Link Link
    19, The Golden History
    20, My Dear Fellow
    21, Shiroi Kaze
    Encore
    overture
    22, Kuroi Shumatsu
    MC
    23, Mirai Bowl
    24, Stardust Serenade
    25, Hitotsubu no Egao de

• MM305

December 2016
    436 Reputation
    iheartmcz said:

why have a summer song in a christmas show?

it's a summer themed show

"Mafuyu no Sun Sun Summer Time"

I was referring to Coco Natsu, not this one.

• MCZMCZ

December 2016
    143 Reputation
    E
    alancsl said:

2017/8/5&6
    Ajinomoto Stadium?

What about Spring Concert

• MCZMCZ

December 2016
    143 Reputation

• ebizoriebizori

December 2016
    2293 Reputation
    MM305 said:

iheartmcz said:

why have a summer song in a christmas show?

it's a summer themed show

"Mafuyu no Sun Sun Summer Time"

I was referring to Coco Natsu, not this one.

"Mafuyu no Sun Sun Summer Time" is also name of this concerts

• MM305

December 2016
    436 Reputation
    I know. My point overall is just that I wish they perform a couple of the classics next time they do a full show.

But it ain't as big of a deal here than it was for the U.S tour, so it's really nothing to sweat on for me. I just wished they did it for the show, that's all!

• ebizoriebizori

December 2016
    2293 Reputation
    they'll do it next time)

and I think that Coco Natsu is more than classics of Momocuro

• December 2016
    264 Reputation
    I'd say that Ikuze! is definitely one of the classics, as is Kuroi Shumatsuu, Stardust Serenade, Mirai Bowl and Coco Natsu. And on the first day you also had Kono Uta, Hashire, Pinky Jones and Believe (!). I mean, sure it'd be cool if they performed Battle and Romance in its entirety, and then all the indie singles, but with the size their catalogue is now that's just never going to happen. Momoclo are doing really well compared to many other bands I've followed over the years, where older songs are forgotten completely.

• MM305

December 2016
    436 Reputation
    When I say "classics", I'm referring to MCZ's singles that are the most successful/popular/sales/impact on career.

Take Michael Jackson for example. While he had NUMEROUS of tremendous songs, the songs that fans most remembered him for AND/OR always makes it in his "Best of" compilation albums are: Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat it, Smooth Criminal, Black or White, and The Way You Make Me Feel. Everything else becomes debatable on what other songs deserves to be on those albums, but the songs that I just mentioned here are GURANTEED!!

In MCZ's case, Ikuze Kaito Shoujou (and possibly Hashire even though it's not in a lot of folks top 5) is the only GURANTEED song among the setlists. The GURANTEED songs that I'm referring to are singles that sold the most, rank very high on music charts, had the biggest impact on MCZ's career, and were listed on (almost) every post on my top 5 best MCZ songs thread: Ikuze Kaito Shoujo, Mungen no Ai, Roudou Sanka, Saraba Itoshiki Kanashimitachi Yo, Otome Sensou, Z Densetsu, GOUNN, and Naitdemo Iindayo.

If there was ever a "Best of MCZ" compilation album, there is NO DOUBT that the songs mentioned would CERTAINLY make the cut.

I'm just disappointed that couple of these classics (other than Ikuze) would have made the cut!

• December 2016
    32 Reputation
    Agreed. "Classic" can be pretty subjective. I think coco natsu is a classic.

Also, what if your favorite song happens to not be a mainstream defined classic? If they just played the same few songs every concert, the probability of you hearing that song live would decrease significantly. I think they make a good effort every concert to impress. I was quite happy with the US setlist, and appreciated that they tried to do a cultural introduction with seasons as a theme. Personally i always skipped kimi no ato on my playlist, but seeing it live has made me like that song much more now, and i regularly listen to it. I certainly would have liked to hear Saraba live, but because they went a different route, I now have another song I like.