Who's your favourite member?
  • March 2013
    79 Reputation
    @krv this site will definitely introduce you to all the members and might even change your list around.....i know it did for me because like you i didnt really care about shiorin now i love her lol.

since i've never done this....wow this is hard:

1.kanako/ A-rin
    2.momoka/shiorin/reni

lol i love them all

• exists

March 2013
    10 Reputation
    I love all the girls and I think they compliment each other really well and have their own individual strong points. But in terms of my interest towards them individually then its:

1st is Kanako.
    She was the first girl I noticed when I first watched them on a show (SDK) and now after getting to know more about them she is still my fave. Sure she may not be the best singer (I love her voice the most tho) nor the best dancer but she's a great performer and to me she's the most charismatic. She's also entertaining not to the point of crazy like Reni but she can make me laugh. I love her dimples too /love

2nd is Shiori
    To me she's the most well rounded girl. She's a stable singer she's not breathy when she sings, can dance decently, funny and entertaining, quite smart from what I've seen, sporty, probably can draw the best in the group, to me in general she's like the jack of all trades. I also think she has the best look and figure in the group.

3rd is Reni
    Simply because this girl can make me laugh the hardest. Seriously I lost count on how many times this girl have made me /rofl

4th is A-rin
    She's not the best performer and sometimes her rapping makes me laugh but A-rin is precious and she's a sweet girl. Though the other 3 above have an upper hand which is their quirky funny personalities in shows which I tend to like more.

5th is Momoka
    She's probably the best performer in the group though I sometimes don't really like the way she sounds in songs. What made me think she's the last member in term of of my preference is that she's fairly quiet from the shows I've seen and rarely can be majorly involved when the girls started their whole crazy things going.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2013
    2256 Reputation

#3-Sasaki Ayaka
    I really love A-rin, and i love how her voice matches her personality so well! Her hair is also amazing to watch during lives!

This! Ahrin's hair is so hot during live. It makes her looks really sexy. And her expression during lives, it's like she didnt care if cameras caught it or not, that's just her.

Every member is equally awesome, really, just that I have soft spot for Ahrin.

• StiigStiig

March 2013
    34 Reputation
    Among 5 wonderful girls choosing a favorite is hard, but I will try, based on my current mood.

1st Kanako
    Her teeth and dimples make her so cute and she seems very considerate of the other girls making sure everyone get their say and have a good time. This is the kind of girl whose cheeks I want to pinch and pat her on her head and say "You did well".

2nd Momoka
    Joining late and being shy in the beginning, the girl got alot more secure about herself and her role in the group. I think she is the greatest dancer(If acrobatics are not involved) and when not sick she can use her voice strongly, whether you like that kind of thing or not. Sometimes she speaks where she uses her tongue too much(Is this called a lisp?), which sounds kind of childish, but cute.

3rd Reni
    She is somewhat of a mystery and she can switch crazy on and off. I'm not really into her face making thing, but she is truly energetic when she dances which justifies her title as the electric girl of the group.

4th Shiori
    Acrobatic skills close to Kanakos and I liked her performance at that kids festival with the mime ghost.

5th A-Rin
    Maybe it is just me as a earlier kids teacher, but something about making a 13 year old girl the sexy one of the group seems wrong to me(I know she is older now). But maybe it is just where I come from, kids should be kids without worrying about those kinds of things. Still, she seems just as kind and considerate as the other girls and compliments them well.

Final verdict
    The girls are all very awesome, don't take my criticism of A-Rin too hard, maybe I am just too old to understand this thing about putting sexy and kids in the same sentence. I think all the girls can do wonderfully by themselves and even more strongly when they are a group.

Rock on girls and visit Europe soon!

• March 2013
    14 Reputation
    I want to support Reni as well because you can't even see her

• March 2013
    904 Reputation
    I don't like making lists because it makes me feel as though i'm offending someone. If i would choose, it would most like be Reni or Shiorin.
    Why? Well, i guess it's the way they tend to fool around during practices and during free time. Not to mention Reni's insane dances that drives me to learn all of the MomoClo dances, especially for Orange Note. Shiorin's "big eater" and "little sister" type really gets to me since she can be so carefree but can be serious when necessary. There's also those times when she teases that one member (*cough* Kanako *cough*) many times which shows off a playful side.
    I'm not saying the others aren't fun, it's just those two stick out to me. Besides, the others also have characteristics i like about them. For Momoka, she's adorable whenever she's clumsy sometimes as well as her voice. Her voice always stands out for me whenever i listen to their songs. Kanako is the silly leader type which is different from the leaders i'm used to from shows. But there's always something about her that makes you want to tease her and then she'll find a way to get back at you. Aarin would be considered the most "mature" like many fans say but she's just as silly. Not to mention the times she would be cute but fool around (talking about MomoKuri 2011 with the masks). Also the "Aarin daiyo~" bit that would be worth a couple of laughs when appropriate. :3

• March 2013
    10 Reputation
    Aarin, she's my only oshimen in Momoclo.
    Having one oshimen doesn't mean I don't have any favorite members, I support Momoka and Shiorin too, they're my favorite members.
    I don't hate the rest of the members, I like Reni and Kanako too, I just can't support them. :-(
    All Momoclo members are amazing, I guess. They have one charming aura that is different one another. :-D

• NyokouNyokou

April 2014
    15 Reputation
    1. Reni-chan
    2. Shiorin
    3. A~rin
    4. Kanako
    5. Momoka

Kanako used to be my second favorite but after watching some Momoclo Chan episodes, I've come to like her a lot less than I thought I did... and Shiorin a whole lot more than I thought I would. They basically switched places for me, lol. I even liked Kanako the most when I first got into Momoclo but I think that's just cause she was center. I've always loved Reni-chan though, she's funny and weird which I can really relate to, haha.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    Nyokou said:

5. Momoka

Your breaking my heart. :p

• NyokouNyokou

April 2014
    15 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

Your breaking my heart. :p

Lol sorry! I like Momoka but I remember watching a clip on YT when I was barely a fan with the girls seeing cute little animals and Momoka was all scared and didn't want to be near them... .__. and well, I like animals, so that was kinda meh for me. How can she not like cute little animals!? Other than that I like her. She's really cute when she starts crying at concerts that are like milestones for MomoClo like Kokuritsu, I can tell that she is really grateful for all the support she gets. And her singing is awesome.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ She is very grateful indeed and her singing is awesome. She is generally quite sensitive when it comes to unknown/unpredictable/unexpected things, like her most feared BIRDS! Also hyper animals, mystery boxes, surprise birthday penlights, BIRDS, anything that could jump out at her i guess. :p However, that's just a quirk she has which is one reason she's awesome. :D If you want proof she's not a complete pushover check out her fearless backflip bungee jump. :)>- (videos and gifs)
    http://momoiroclover.net/discussion/14/momokas-talk/p13

• NyokouNyokou

April 2014
    15 Reputation
    I had no idea she was scared of birds. :o I'm scared of flying insects if that counts, haha. And yes I think I also remember her sticking her hands into a mystery box and touching noodles or something and she freaked out. That was pretty funny. :P

Holy crap that backflip looks scary as hell. I could never do that @-)

• April 2014
    904 Reputation
    I think Momoka kind of relieved herself of that fear of birds but we're not completely sure because we have yet to see her have screen time with birds since what happened that caused her to learn how to not be afraid of them.

• OM617OM617

April 2014
    176 Reputation
    1. Reni
    2. Shiori
    3. Kanako
    4. Ārin
    5. Momoka
    x. Akari

Reni is just awesome. Her enka performances put her over the top with me.
    Shiori is a bombshell and she can sing pretty dang well too.
    Kanako is a nice all-rounder. Great personality, decent singer, great leader.
    Ārin has a great voice but she always looks like she has a cold (especially in the GOUNN video) and the "kawaii" act well ran its course a few years ago.
    Momoka used to be great, but her voice has really gone down hill in the last two years. She seems to be forcing the deeper tone of her singing voice. Very noticeable in Naite mo Iin Da yo.
    Akari, well, shes nice but I don't think she has/had the vocal skills necessary to sing professionally. Momoclo's popularity jumping through the roof almost immediately after her departure says it all. I don't believe the "I'm leaving by by own choice" bit for a second, they were trying to reinforce the point WAY too much.

• starstar

April 2014
    249 Reputation
    1. Kanako! my oshi <3 she's such a dork but she's always so happy and charismatic, i can't help but smile! she's the one who holds the group together. And I know a lot of people don't like her voice/think it's nasally or whatever but I actually really love it, it's so emotional. <br />
    2. Aarin. She used to be my least favourite when I first got into them. I thought she was just being a cutesy high pitch japanese idol, and in some ways she is but she's also so much more than that and I love her for it <3<br />
    3. Momoka. My original favourite actually. i can't pinpoint why but she just feels so genuine. her voice is really strong, she's like a japanese beyonce tbh.

4. Shiorin. I especially love her when she's with kanako! Her voice is the most 'neutral'. It goes with any song. (but i feel like lately she's struggling with her singing, her voice almost sounds slightly hoarse??)

5. Reni chan! she's hilarious and never fails to make me laugh omg bless her. her voice is really nice, it has a calming tone to it.

I love the last three girls equally so they're pretty interchangeable.

• April 2014
    91 Reputation
    Star pretty much wrote everything I wanted to say about all of them xD
    At first Momoka was my favorite because of her powerful voice, but when I started to know the girls Kanako caught my heart! I can relate a lot with her, specially the dork side xD She really has something special and unique.
    Aarin has grown on me a lot. She started as my least favorite but now that I know more about her and as I see her improvement since the last year... gosh! I love her. Sometimes I can really see myself on her, and this is a bit scary xD
    I love all the girls almost equally but those two are a bit more special for me =P

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    OM617 said:

Momoka used to be great, but her voice has really gone down hill in the last two years. She seems to be forcing the deeper tone of her singing voice. Very noticeable in Naite mo Iin Da yo.
    Akari, well, shes nice but I don't think she has/had the vocal skills necessary to sing professionally. Momoclo's popularity jumping through the roof almost immediately after her departure says it all. I don't believe the "I'm leaving by by own choice" bit for a second, they were trying to reinforce the point WAY too much.

I know what you mean about Momoka. It really does feel like shes pushing those deep tones too much and the editing doesn't help... I always felt the power in her voice came from the amount of emotion she could project and not how deep she could be. Just sounds a little less genuine.

An interesting point about Akarin. I never thought of it that way but if she was still a member would she have developed her vocals enough to be on par with the others? Looking at her vocal skills back then kinda makes you wonder about her professional singing capacity. Still love her though. :D and her singing!

Having said all that...

1. Momoka! Forever and always my oshi. Apart from her amazing vocals and dance skills she is just such a lovely, genuine and beautiful person all round. It's so hard not to love absolutely everything she does and she is so passionate. She's also got a crazy side which comes out even though she's usually quite shy and it's always really fun. :p Her blog posts are really inspirational aswell, you can tell she really cares about everyone who cares about her and she's always trying to encourage and uplift everyone wherever they are. And while Reni's enka songs are of course great, Momoka's solo's just melt my heart everytime.
    2. Shiorin. Tama-chan was always near the top for me but recently she's cemented herself as number 2. I get what star is saying about her vocals of late, she can sound quite hoarse particularly in lives but she still brings a lot and is a great all rounder. Vocally she's probably one of my least favourites at the moment but I also love her no-nonsense attitude professionally and otherwise. She's been so funny recently and i love her interactions with the other members. She's not afraid to get stuck in. AND back in their indie days she was a very professional singer and dancer even at 13, she stood out for me the most in those perfs.
    3. Kanako, Reni and Aarin follow closely behind Shiroin for all the reasons everyone else has stated. I also really like how Aarin's voice has matured recently, she's great in Naitemo iindayo.

If i had to score it out of ten i'd give Kanako, Reni and Aarin a 10, Shiorin 11 and Momoka 100. :D I love them all to bits so i can't really choose. :p

• December 2014
    77 Reputation
    First impressions are the best impressions. If you asked me a year ago to check out this group, I would've dismissed them as another cheesy bubble gum pop group but how wrong I was. Yes, they have classic pop tropes but by God, there is something special about these women. They stole my heart and it's rare because not even some of the best acts in the world have done that (Read: Beyonce and U2). With that being said, I love them and there's not one member I dislike. They all bring something unique to the table.

Momoka is my favorite. When I became a fan about a month ago, she was the one that stood out to me. I'm a music nerd and journalist so it takes a lot to impress me but she did. She has great range, she's a very powerful dancer (she makes it look effortless) and just has the presence of a top performer. They say great performers come alive on stage. MJ was shy in person but he was Michael Jackson on stage. I get the sense that's the case for Momoka. Momoka has so much potential as a performer. Her 'recent' cover of My Revolution convinced me she could be a superstar act. She was fantastic. Shoot, she could even be an international act in the future if she can overcome her shyness. Personality-wise, I love that she's shy and gracious but I need her to be more confident in herself. Sometimes when I watch interviews or other appearances, I want to shake her and say, "do you know how good you are?"

side note* - Her lower register is what attracted me the most.

Kanako - I like her a lot. She makes me laugh every time. She's a feisty one. She's extremely charismatic, personable and she too has presence. As a singer, she's okay but she more than makes it up with her energy and enthusiasm. Additionally, after watching many videos (the journalist in me lol likes to conduct research) and looking at various source material, I've been impressed with her development as a leader. She takes herself seriously (they all do) and she seems to bring the best out of everyone. She also seems like an ambitious one. Her comments after the Lady Gaga concert were telling. I'm definitely looking forward to where else she leads these girls. Maybe World tour?

Reni - I don't know why but she really makes me smile every time. I love her energy. From what I've seen, she seems to exude positivity and happiness which is in important. She seems like the one who brings the fun and joy in the group (could be wrong of course lol). Her personality is definitely infectious. As a performer, she's definitely not the best but she does her best and that's all you can ask for. Her relationship with Momoka is very cute. I love Reni.

Shoirin - When I first started watching the group, I thought she was the shy one lol Definitely not. She too is feisty and she also has a commanding presence. When I watch clips of her performance (the recent Girl Factory 14 comes to mind), she looks so cool and composed like a real professional. I love that about her. I also love her sense of humor. She's funny. Her relationship with Kanako is particularly amusing to me.

Aarin - She's definitely an idol. When you watch appearances and interviews, she seems to be the most composed and the most media savvy. She's not the best singer but she definitely knows how to keep the crowd entertained. She probably could get the audience to do whatever she wants which is a skill in itself. Aarin is definitely a star.

• dmkdmk

December 2014
    104 Reputation
    ^ I enjoyed reading that - thanks for sharing!

• December 2014
    77 Reputation
    dmk said:

^ I enjoyed reading that - thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I'm considering writing about them for an article this month so in a way it's like an outline for that lol