[Album] 5th Momoiro Clover Z
  • September 13
    399 Reputation

• September 13
    3692 Reputation
    Yes, and no one knows that kwkm has also developed a remedy against cancer :)

I don't think any successful idol group is experimental in THAT sense

But that's what I am talking about
    Momoclo has been highly inventive but has always stayed within the boundaries of acceptance
    (which still is no small feat at all)
    But experimental to me also means being radical. Which they haven't been

Anyhow we have a difference in thinking and that's okay as well.
    At least there's some action here again

• September 13
    112 Reputation
    Careful with your comparisons to Morning Musume. They may not be anything close to what they used to be, but remember that most of the songs for MM were written by one person, Tsunke (so no need for collaborators to contribute different music genres), and they still manage to have some fairly diverse stuff in their catalogue.

Off the top of my head you have The Peace where they all dance around toilets, Mr. Moonlight which is a nice jazz song with the main singers cross-dressing for the whole MV, and even "日本はどんな感じでっか" later which is more of a rocky song. Plus everything else in between...and this was all started back in the 90's when the expectations of what idols were was WAAAAY more strict than the scene from which momoclo emerged.

I'm not taking anything away from momoclos achievements, but there's a reason beyond "flogging a dead horse" that MM are still around to this day.

• September 13
    399 Reputation

• September 13
    399 Reputation

• September 13
    3692 Reputation

the anti-idol revolution

That was funny though I admit :)

Btw just to make sure: Ayaya was never in Morning Musume

• September 13
    399 Reputation

• September 16
    329 Reputation
    Music video:

• vimoralvimoral

September 16
    1823 Reputation
    I like both the song and the mv, the best that they released since they became TDF. I'm looking forward to seeing the song live

• manumczmanumcz

September 16
    17 Reputation
    I also loved the song and the MV, looks like all the 5 singles will have MV and that makes me thing that this 5TH Album will be a Visual Album, I hope so.
    What do you think guys? :)

• MM305

September 16
    512 Reputation
    Don’t even know what a visual album is.

Plus, while the song is really good, do we really count it as an MCZ song considering it’s really a cover version of an already made song? It’s really just a difference in what voices you like to hear.

It’s no different when they did Moonlight Densetsu, Moon revenge, and Cha la Head cha la. Cool that they did it (and are rather nice renditions), but I wouldn’t count them as an MCZ song.

• manumczmanumcz

September 16
    17 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Don’t even know what a visual album is.

Plus, while the song is really good, do we really count it as an MCZ song considering it’s really a cover version of an already made song? It’s really just a difference in what voices you like to hear.

It’s no different when they did Moonlight Densetsu, Moon revenge, and Cha la Head cha la. Cool that they did it (and are rather nice renditions), but I wouldn’t count them as an MCZ song.

Visual album means that every song in the album has it's own Music Video, so basically one CD has all the songs and the other all the music videos.
    and yes you're right in one part, it isn't an original MCZ song but as Flowercreek said more back: "It can be consider and special cover case like "Rock the boat" because they maintained the base of the song but the lyrics were re-made to fit more with the girls".

• September 17
    399 Reputation

• MM305

September 17
    512 Reputation
    I like the covers, I just don't view them as a MCZ song, but rather a fun cover of an already made song.

• September 17
    329 Reputation
    Speaking of covers, turns out the artist who made the cover art for the single is Kazuo Umezu, a horror manga artist. He also features in the beginning of the music video as a portrait of the school principal. Here's one of his classics, The Drifting Classroom. See if you can spot the similarities!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ3ec6dVwAURzPL.jpg

• September 17
    399 Reputation

• September 17
    3692 Reputation
    There's absolutely no need to get offensive here
    I think everyone knows what MM305 means.

• September 17
    399 Reputation

There's absolutely no need to get offensive here.

Sorry. Not sure which of my posts offended you. I removed all of them, just to be safe.

• September 17
    3692 Reputation
    Thanks
    I was just referring to the last one
    MM305 has his view on this matter and you have yours
    Both are legitimate. That's all I'm saying

• MM305

September 18
    512 Reputation
    It's not like I'm mad that they did this, or think folks shouldn't like it.

But it is true that this was someone else song, making it a cover song (where they are not making/doing there own stuff).

We can praise MCZ for doing a nice cover and putting their personality in it, but we should also remember that the credit goes to Garlic Boys for the actual music/instruments.