[Album] 5th Momoiro Clover Z
  • vimoralvimoral

September 18
    1905 Reputation
    I am glad that they have released this version, especially because it is a quite different style and in which I had not heard them yet. The truth is that if I had to bet a group of Stardust was going to version this song I would have bet on Ebichu

• September 18
    83 Reputation
    MM305 said:

But it is true that this was someone else song, making it a cover song (where they are not making/doing there own stuff).

We can praise MCZ for doing a nice cover and putting their personality in it, but we should also remember that the credit goes to Garlic Boys for the actual music/instruments.

Wait, but is it not the case with all MCZ songs, that the credit goes to the composer for the actual music, whether it is a cover or not?

The only problem I have with this cover/remake thing is that it feels a bit cheap. Otherwise, I agree with stansfield that it really does not matter since I had not heard the original song in the first place.

I hope I am not being offensive here.

• September 18
    3733 Reputation
    It's the tone that makes the music. so no offense :)

But in my opinion there is a difference technically between a song especially written for someone (be it MCZ or whoever) and a song already performed by another artist.
    Why else have the term "cover" at all?
    The writing credits for whatever song always belong to the composer/lyricist.
    But these are two different things

Since they adjusted the lyrics we could call it a hybrid cover :-)

• MM305

September 18
    520 Reputation

there is a difference technically between a song especially written for someone (be it MCZ or whoever) and a song already performed by another artist.
    Why else have the term "cover" at all?

That's what I meant when I say that.

• September 20
    36 Reputation
    I just wanna say I love the new song and video, even if there are some references in them that I don't understand.

• September 21
    481 Reputation
    In a technical sense, the term "cover" is used any time the songwriter and the performing artist are different, because the performer is not performing their own song that they created. It's how payment is established in royalties when it comes to album sales and live performances. All of Momoclo's songs are technically covers from an industry standpoint.

• September 21
    3733 Reputation
    That would mean that "Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo" is a Hyadain cover.
    Sorry but sounds a bit odd :)
    It may be true in a technical royalty-wise sense but I have never heard it used that way in common conversations.
    Whenever you say he/she/they sing a cover it means performing a song released by another artist before

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_version

In popular music, a cover version, cover song, or simply cover, is a new performance or recording by someone other than the original artist or composer of a previously recorded, commercially released song

• September 21
    340 Reputation
    Yeah, I think the catch is that it's another version of an already released song. When a song is composed for Momoclo it hasn't been released before, but the composer will still have songwriting credits and thus get paid. This song has already been commercially released by another artist, thus making it a cover. The only difference between this and most other covers is that they changed the lyrics and not the instruments, whereas usally the instrumental part is changed, and the lyrics are kept (like Tsuyoku Tsuyoku or Words of the Mind).

• September 21
    481 Reputation
    Point being that they don't write any of their own music, so it doesn't matter if you want to attribute a song to Momoclo or the songwriters, regardless of whether or not it has been previously released because they are all covers at the end of the day.

• September 22
    3733 Reputation
    These are two totally different things you're talking about
    But I think everyone has stated their position.

• ebizoriebizori

September 22
    2481 Reputation
    Heh, so all idol groups are cover bands, aren't they?

• September 22
    3733 Reputation

• September 22
    481 Reputation
    I'm here to illuminate an alternate perspective based on a technical definition that is an industry standard, an industry I work in first-hand. I'm aware of the colloquial definition, and I find it quite rude to cite dictionary entries for a language I speak when all I'm doing is offering information and a perspective that obviously hasn't been considered. I'll be more than happy to take my knowledge and insight elsewhere since it's clearly not appreciated.

• September 22
    3733 Reputation
    In which case I apologize as it certainly wasn't my intention to be rude

The whole discussion was about the common understanding of the term though
    I didn't see your input as an alternative understanding. My fault

• vimoralvimoral

September 25
    1905 Reputation
    October 12

Monthly Single Release
    "Tengoku no Detarame"

• vimoralvimoral

October 11
    1905 Reputation

• October 11
    340 Reputation
    Just listened to the full version. It sounds like something that could have fit on Hakkin no Yoake. It's an overall good song, but the ending is fantastic!

As I've understood this song was also performed in the DYWD musical, so to some fans in Japan this won't be completely new.

• October 17
    58 Reputation
    They will sing a new song called GODSPEED for a marathon. I wonder if it's going to be one of the future monthly releases.

https://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=4631

• October 17
    58 Reputation
    Double post

• October 17
    340 Reputation
    It will be the November single :)