General Discussion
  • AzureusAzureus

June 2014
    1470 Reputation
    ももクロ 玉井詩織 石川テレビ リフレッシュ2014年6月27日

• June 2014
    79 Reputation
    ^ If momoclo are caught wearing these then you can almost garuntee that they'll be sold old just because the Japanese mononofu will buy them up.
    I'll help to spread the word though.

• June 2014
    904 Reputation
    true... but it seems a bit unfair since the Moonie fandom is spread worldwide and a lot of people would like to spend the money. I heard it's already been sold out so far until they restock. But I'm sure overseas fans lucky enough to get it will buy it when they have the chance. But MomoClo also grew up with Sailor Moon so some fans have the idea of "Oh. If they like it, then I can try to like it so lets buy the hoodie" (Momoka mentioned liking the series during the MomoKuri 2010 opening VTR and the others know a lot about it since they do know the catchphrases. Even Reni who got the Mercury catchphrase from the manga correct. Too bad the pose wasn't correct back in February)

• June 2014
    366 Reputation
    ^ I read that many male mononofus won't buy those parka.
    "it's too embarrassing for male to wear" they said.

but you couldn't blame anyone if these parka are still popular with mononofus, at least female mononofus who born in 80-90s. remembering that so many joshinofus from that generation also grew up with Sailor Moon. ;)

but seriously, sailor moon twitter account used, "Momoclo also wear it!" kind of promotion, makes me wonder are those parka also aimed to mononofus? :-?

• June 2014
    904 Reputation
    most likely if they actually do aim it towards mononofus if they don't have enough sales for Moonies as well. I didn't know about the parkas until the Sailor Moon event back in February and checked it out (8900 yen!) and found out they only had light pink and purple so the MomoClo colored ones were probably custom made for them. But funny how male mononofu think it's embarrassing to wear a parka full of Sailor Moon. I see guys wearing My Little Pony shirts with pride so why not Sailor Moon?

• AzureusAzureus

June 2014
    1470 Reputation
    ももクロ 2014-06-28 せやねん!高城れに 有安杏果

高城れに@奈良

• June 2014
    79 Reputation
    ^ It's embarrassing to wear MLP as well, I still don't have the slightest clue how and why bronies exist lol

• AzureusAzureus

June 2014
    1470 Reputation
    All Night Nippon 2014/06/26 Sound included only when they are aired on the radio.

Starts: 9:55

• June 2014
    366 Reputation

But funny how male mononofu think it's embarrassing to wear a parka full of Sailor Moon. I see guys wearing My Little Pony shirts with pride so why not Sailor Moon?

maybe because they can't wear it everyday, at least in Japan.

• eyelesseyeless

June 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Shiorin

• June 2014
    5201 Reputation
    [TV] Sekai Fushigi Hakken!

• June 2014
    79 Reputation
    ^They been on TV a lot during the last couple of days.
    I love that managent is pushing all of them <3

• June 2014
    5201 Reputation

• AzureusAzureus

June 2014
    1470 Reputation
    ^

• AzureusAzureus

June 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Aarin and Shiorin

• June 2014
    79 Reputation
    ^ rinrin is gif worthy *_*
    Hope it's still up till Tuesday tho :|

• June 2014
    62 Reputation
    asan said:

Assuming those figures are no more or less wrong than what Google spits out, they are disastrously low compared with non-idol entertainers, especially male, who seem to put in a lot fewer hours.

The real problem is that the girls probably don't get any of those figures themselves. Those look like all their promotion contracts summed up and all the incomes are likely flowing to jimusho. So, basically, it is not like Kanako makes $500k, but this is how much she is worth to Stardust. As far as I understand the system, they are all just salary workers.

• asan

June 2014
    462 Reputation
    kaminari said:

As far as I understand the system, they are all just salary workers.

Yes, but on 2ch people related the ranking to the different agencies' pay-out strategies. The accompanying article might help...

• OM617OM617

June 2014
    176 Reputation
    Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 alone will probably total over $5m revenue after tickets/goods/concessions/video sales. Figure after production/staff/venue costs, the girls probably each got a $100k payout for those two days. Add in Natsu no Bakasawagi, Christmas and maybe Aki no Nidai Matsuri this year plus the minor appearance in between and I certainly believe she could earn $500k/year at this point in her career.

Mari Yaguchi apparently saved $1m during her career and had enough cash to pay $500k alimony to Nakamura. She was only active 7 years and even Mini Moni never got close to the level of tickets/goods/video sales Momoclo is at right now.

• AzureusAzureus

June 2014
    1470 Reputation
    2014.06.28 ももクロ 土曜