General Discussion
  • December 2014
    262 Reputation
    Yeah I think when it's the length it is in those videos is when it looks best on her.

• December 2014
    62 Reputation
    They could make someone else cut her hair to replace Shiorin. Didn't they pull out "I cut my hair short" pranks with Aarin and Kanako this year? Probably were checking the fans' reaction.

• December 2014
    262 Reputation
    people freaked the F out when Aarin pulled that trick but I thought it looked good on her.

• InvaderInvader

December 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I liked Aarin's short wig too. It suited her well. I actually like Shiorin when she has even shorter hair. I can't imagine the others with short hair though :))

• EmceeZEmceeZ

December 2014
    264 Reputation
    Shiorin is going to look way younger again with long hair. It was amazing how much more mature she looked just by cutting her hair haha. But this might be a fun change!

So Shiorin wants to grow out her hair, what did the other girls say they wanted?

• asan

December 2014
    462 Reputation
    EmceeZ said:

It was amazing how much more mature she looked just by cutting her hair haha.

Their whole appearance is designed to look young. They look much more mature in their own clothes. Not teenagers anymore.

• EmceeZEmceeZ

December 2014
    264 Reputation
    ^ Well yeah, They're going to keep the girls looking as young as possible for as long as they can since no one ever wants their idols to grow up. I always love to see them in their own clothes, they're so stylish! I'm just saying that when Shiorin cut her hair it made her look years older (in a good way). I'd say it was a physical representation of her maturing as a person as well. After Akarin left she really grew up and the hair kind of symbolizes that change.

Now that she's older, I wonder if they'll make her wear pigtails again ;))

• December 2014
    904 Reputation
    I actually accept Shiorin with both long hair and short hair. But with the route the girls are in right now, it's better to express how mature they're becoming after all these years. I wouldn't mind Shiorin growing out her hair but I suppose it can end up like Akarin where she still maintains a mature look no matter what length her hair is.

but since we're on the topic of the girls maturing, a fanartist on twitter published his book online on the girls' journey up to Kokuritsu. You can see how much the girls went through just through certain events that happened all these years. If you were at the art event at Kokuritsugawa, you might've looked through it and cried your eyes out.

(just click the logo and it'll take you right to the pages. credit to @momo_illust from twitter who created this)
    http://momoclo-illust.main.jp/

• December 2014
    644 Reputation
    Kanako - To become a cool and beautiful woman like Tanaka-san.
    Shiorin - Try to let my hair grow out.
    Ahrin - Since I'm graduating from high school, I want to read more books and become an intellectual woman.
    Reni-chan - Fix my slouch and become more cute. (LOL!!!)
    Momoka - To become a more mature woman like Uchida Announcer.

• December 2014
    91 Reputation
    those illustrations made me cry for a good amount of time. It's so pretty ç.ç
    specially the drawings where Shiorin cut her hair

• December 2014
    644 Reputation
    ^
    The 2011-2012 part with Akari made me tear up.

• December 2014
    644 Reputation
    Found on youtube the Momoclo x KISS documentary that aired on the 29th.

I really like the beat of the song.

• December 2014
    644 Reputation

• December 2014
    262 Reputation
    I'll have to watch that later but I landed on a spot where they translated "Sounds killer!" as "Iine." and that cracked me up

• asan

December 2014
    462 Reputation
    momomofu said:

[TV] Oha! 4 NEWS LIVE

Kanako on where Japan outshines the rest of the world: toilets XD

• December 2014
    262 Reputation
    asan said:

momomofu said:

[TV] Oha! 4 NEWS LIVE

Japan and Korea both. the rest of the world ain't got shit on northeast Asia's toilet game.

• ColeenaColeena

December 2014
    174 Reputation

Japan and Korea both. the rest of the world ain't got shit on northeast Asia's toilet game.

No kidding, if you go to the suburbs or countryside of Taiwan/China, the toilets are just a hole in the ground. Luckily, they've been switching to western-style toilets, but still, man...

Also I love watching the English parts of the documentary and being like "yeahh no need for subtitles!! #gaijinprivilege"

• December 2014
    644 Reputation
    Actually, there are many places that still have traditional Japanese squatters....soooooo Japan isn't uniform with its high-tech toilet technology....but the squatters are said to be better for bodily waste disposal anyway...

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation
    [TV] LIFE! 2014 Toshi no Se Kohaku Collab SP
    [NHK] LIFE! 2014年の瀬 紅白コラボSP [2014.12.30] ももクロ

• December 2014
    66 Reputation

asan said:

momomofu said:

[TV] Oha! 4 NEWS LIVE

Actually It was possibly not so irrelevant, from an historical and aesthetical point of view.
    Just remember Tanizaki's "in Praise of Shadows" (陰翳礼讃).