General Discussion
  • January 2015
    5201 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    The english promo video is a great idea, but it ends up being a bit weird. It's almost like it's fan-made basically because the voice is awkward. And the random mention of Kohaku =)) that means nothing outside Japan, I would have mentioned 2 days at Nissan and the amount of people

• January 2015
    59 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

I haven't seen that clip but I've heard of it, but it maybe it was herself who thought it would be the time to finally face her fears? ;)

It's a prank show (and an old gem), to be pranked is a standard idol stuff right here. Also every showbiz person went through these kind of TV prank show, especially the one that involves their fears. like it or not.
    ----
    Love the VTR! (also a bit odd since the term VTR itself is a Japanese thing) well, almost all of the narration lines were taken from the global website lol, but yeah everything is better with video. They did a neat job with video montage by showing their most epic video shots, even the one from World Tag Championship wrestling match :x

Ah thanks for the link, but I have seen that one. I thought we where talking about her fear of birds :P
    Sorry!

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Invader said:

The english promo video is a great idea, but it ends up being a bit weird. It's almost like it's fan-made basically because the voice is awkward. And the random mention of Kohaku =)) that means nothing outside Japan, I would have mentioned 2 days at Nissan and the amount of people

I think it's good proof that the Japanese music industry is an expert at marketing at home but has no clue whatsoever what to do in the outside world :)
    I actually find that video embarrassing to the max...
    I know someone on the local market who sells his tomatoes and cucumbers that way :)

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    I'm happy to see the group exploring international opportunities. As for the video, I think Invader hit it on the nail. With any marketing or potential marketing venture, knowing and understanding your market is crucial. Personally, I think partnering up with an international band like KISS is a great start because it's almost a litmus test for them.

• January 2015
    131 Reputation

Invader said:

I think it's good proof that the Japanese music industry is an expert at marketing at home but has no clue whatsoever what to do in the outside world :)
    I know someone on the local market who sells his tomatoes and cucumbers that way :)

I agree. I would never show that video to a friend. I'd send them the fansubbed documentary.

• January 2015
    472 Reputation

Invader said:

Haha, I agree, the voiceover is exceptionally bad. Many times watching Japan made English media I'm like "did they just grab the first gaijin walking by who speaks english and throw him into the voiceover booth? Also, why does it always sound like they are speaking to and audience of small children. If you've ever watched NHK World you'll know what I mean.
    That said, it was cool they opted to make it in the first place. Luckily, Momoclo's visuals are strong.^^

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    Nobody seems to have mentioned this, but kwkm has a new online show, and his first guest is knk, live now.

http://logirl.favclip.com/live/

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    hnggggggggggggg
    looks like she's talking about her haircut. Really bad internet here, will this be archived for later viewing?

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    ^ I don't know if it's over but it's not loading for me.

Kanako looks so beautiful with her hair like that. And that pic of young Kawakami on the site =))

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    Doesn't matter how good your internet is, the japanese end will find a way to make it skip...

The site doesn't archive, but check the Youtubes.

From memory:
    Spoiler:

kwkm announces that his show will be about things with engines, and talks to the producer about cars for a while.

Somebody brings computer for comments.

kwkm: how Momoka is? She is no car, so I don't know.

Guest comes in.

kwkm: see, just like when I'm talking to your father.
    knk: yeah, my brother loves cars as well...

Looking at the LoGIRL timetable.

knk: wow, just one old guy.

About the ceremony.

knk: it was back home and really small, more like a reunion. People said I look like this was the children's festival. But they hand't changed either!
    knk: we planned the hair change for after the movie was shot, but then it was postponed.
    kwkm: only three people knew it would be now, and that didn't include the members.
    knk: Takagi didn't believe it wasn't a wig until we met. She kept pulling at my hair.
    knk: Aarin still holds a grudge.
    kwkm: on the radio that evening everything was about the haircut despite her taking #1 in the Best Ten.

knk: lately kwkm doesn't come to our sets at all.
    knk: kwkm "accidentally" schedules his own appearances so that they conflict with ours.
    knk: it's great that kwkm is making 3B more fun, but he doesn't even return my phone calls! wwww

knk: KISS doesn't care about what rock is supposed to do, and we don't care what idols are supposed to be, so that fit perfectly.

knk tells the story of the japanese woman in the KISS store again. kwkm takes over.

kwkm: see, I'm better at telling stories.
    knk: very easy to follow.

kwkm reads off the next few events.

knk: don't be so surprised about everything! This is your own group!

Staff interrupted lessons to show the movie poster. It only has knk on it.

knk: everybody was quiet, then I excused myself and went to the loo.

Time is up.

kwkm: well, thanks for butting in like that.
    knk: what?! You asked me over. This is my break time.
    knk: listen everybody [in the studio], without staff this guy can't talk at all. Once he ended up in a car with our make-up lady, and asked me to switch from the van so he wouldn't have to make conversation alone.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

hnggggggggggggg
    looks like she's talking about her haircut. Really bad internet here, will this be archived for later viewing?

ah, that's what I meant by fluffing her hair up, it looks great like that.

• eyelesseyeless

January 2015
    2256 Reputation

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    saw someone on twitter selling his Momoclo stuff, including a rare DVD of their street live event, their very first performance in Kawasaki Azalea and Shiori's first group Piecees.
    Spoiler:

Didn't know that they sold this kind of gem back in their street era, but it's almost certain that the gouged price would be ridiculously high by now. The first press limited edition of Momoiro Punch and Kimi Yuki are around 100-130 bucks each in auction sites, while Petit Album and "Ore no Fujii" 2008 are around 400 bucks each.

• AzureusAzureus

January 2015
    1470 Reputation
    New Momoclo chans DVD and Blu-ray for pre-order on CDjapan

Momoclo Chan" Dai 4 Dan Do Shinya Bancho ga Yattekita! Volume 17-21 2015/4/8

DVDs

Blu-rays

Description:
    Seventeenth Blu-ray release from TV series ""Momoclo Chan" Dai 4 Dan Do Shinya Bancho ga Yattekita!" hosted by Momoiro Clover Z. Includes unreleased bonus video footage.
    Special Feature / Bonus Track: bonus video footage (30 mins. approx.),

Momoiro Clover Channel - Kessen wa Kinyo Gogo 6 Ji Volume 1-5 2015/4/1

The DVD version of this is already release, they are now selling the the Blu-ray of it.

Description:
    First Blu-ray release from TV series "Momoclo Chan - Momoiro Clover Channel - Kessen wa Kinyo Gogo 6 Ji -" hosted by Momoiro Clover. *Contents of this product is previously released as DVD in box sets.
    Special Feature / Bonus Track: bonus video footage: "Momota no Natsuyasumi," "Chai Maxx no Furitsuke wo Kankopi Shiyo!"

Both sets are also available on amazon.jp

Bu-ray 21 is already rank #1 on the list.

• AzureusAzureus

January 2015
    1470 Reputation

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    It's just a (very) fleeting moment in time but I have finally caught up with the Momoclo Songs Database
    http://matsuurian.com/mcz/songs.htm
    I hadn't done too many updates last year, so pages for a whopping 80 songs have been added! (214 altogether right now)
    (a huge number thanks to the four Folk Mura episodes)
    Appx. 30 songs need translation but kaitoushoujo is working on them, and the songs will be updated whenever there's a new one
    Updates list:
    Spoiler:
    2015-01-09 Translation for "Push", Sora no Curtain", "Sora Tobu! Ozashiki Ressha", "Teletama-kun no Uta" and "Tsugaru Hantou Tappizaki" added
    2015-01-10 Translation for "Bambina", "We Are UFI!!", "Wee-Tee-Wee-Tee" and "words of the mind ~brandnew journey~" added
    2015-01-10 Complete pages for "Chai Maxx ZERO", "Moon Pride", "My Dear Fellow" and "Naitemo Iin da yo" added.
    2015-01-10 Page with kanji/romaji for "Doudou Heiwa Sengen" added
    2015-01-10 Complete pages for "Gekkou", "Hyadain to Momoclo no Joujou Yuujou" and "Moon Revenge" added.
    2015-01-10 Pages with romaji for "Hitotsubu no Egao de..." and "KONOYUBi TOMALe" added
    2015-01-11 Complete pages for "Akatonbo" and "Eien no Trinity" added. Page with kanji/romaji for "Akubi Musume" added
    2015-01-11 Page with kanji/romaji for "Uma" added
    2015-01-12 Complete pages for "Hikoukigumo", "Jidai" and "Machibuse" added. Acoustic versions for "Moon Pride" and "Yume no Naka e" added
    2015-01-13 Complete pages for "Sora mo Toberu Hazu", "The Stardust Memory", "Suki ni Natte, Yokatta" and "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" added
    2015-01-13 Page with kanji/romaji for "Starship ~Hikari wo Motomete~" added. Page for "Super Boy Friend" removed
    2015-01-13 Complete pages for "Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara", Yoidore Kaguyahime" and "Zenbu Dakishimete" added
    2015-01-14 Pages with kanji/romaji for "Gekijou", "Shibuya de Goji" and "Wakamono Tachi" added
    2015-01-14 Complete pages for "Best Friend", "Invoke" and "Sensei" added. Acoustic versions for "Jump!!!!!" and "Sweat & Tears" added
    2015-01-15 Complete pages for "Momen no Handkerchief" and "My Revolution" as well as page with kanji/romaji for "Shampoo" added
    2015-01-16 Complete pages for "Chiisana Koro Kara", "Sotsugyo Shashin", "Thunderbird" and "Watashi ga Obasan ni Nattemo" added
    2015-01-16 Acoustic versions for "Aozora", Haru ni Nattara", "Hoshizora no Distance" and "Wani to Shampoo" added
    2015-01-17 Pages with kanji/romaji for "Furui Nikki", "Kami wo Shite Shimaou" and "Shikkaku" added
    2015-01-17 Complete pages for "Kataomoi", "Kibou no Wa", "Mamotte Agetai", "Rouge no Dengon", "San men ne no Uwaki" and "True Colors" added
    2015-01-18 Complete pages for "Happy Xmas (War is Over)", "Hello Again ~Mukashi Kara Aru Basho~", "Koibito ga Santa Claus" and "Shoujo A" added
    2015-01-18 Page with kanji/romaji for "Ame no Monogatari", "Haikara san ga Toru", "Kageri Yuku Heya" and "Sotsugyo [Yuki Saito]" added
    2015-01-18 Additional/acoustic versions of "Momen no Handkerchief" (with Ota), "Nagori Yuki", "Santa-San", "Shibuya de Goji" and "Shikkaku" added
    2015-01-19 Complete pages for "Kimi ga Toori Sugita Ato ni ~Don't Pass Me By~", "Kiyoshi Kono Yoru" and "Olivia wo Kiki Nagara" added
    2015-01-19 Page with kanji/romaji for "Kimi to Aruita Seishun" added. Acoustic version for "White Breath" added
    2015-01-20 Complete pages for "Sakuranbo", "Sweet 19 Blues" and "Tenshi no Wink" added
    2015-01-20 Pages with kanji/romaji for "Salad no Kuni Kara Kita Musume", "Saraba Siberia Tetsudo" and "Soto wa Shiroi Yuki no Yoru" added
    2015-01-20 Page with kanji/romaji for "Utsukushi Sugite" and "Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina" added
    2015-01-21 Complete pages for "Kakashi", "Kenka Joutou", "Re: Bridge ~Return to Oneself~" and "Sotsugyo [Yutaka Ozaki]" added
    2015-01-21 Pages with kanji/romaji for "Honoo no Escargot", "My Pure Lady", "Oneness" and "Uchi no Otosan" added
    2015-01-21 Kanji for "Hitotsubu no Egao de..." added. Reni solo version of "Hello Again ~Mukashi Kara Aru Basho" added
    2015-01-22 Complete pages for "Moshimo Piano ga Hiketa Nara", "Sora Fune" and "Tashika na Koto" added
    2015-01-22 Pages with kanji/romaji for "No Side " and "Rock'n Rouge" added

Please inform me about any mistakes (or if you find a song that I haven't included yet)

The mp3s on the site are very LQ to reduce size (after all my web account is limited)
    But I will upload a HQ torrent to HO in a month or two (appx. 2GB)

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    I actually poked my head in there yesterday and saw how many new songs were added.

Do you have any interest in having someone break down the color coding for songs that don't have it yet?

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    woah man, I should've known this site earlier :)) , I love it when a site put japanese, romaji and on the same line. This is a great and helpful database, thanks a lot ! :)
    some of the song that haven't been added yet:
    - Reitou Mikan - cover of GTP, 2008 street performance compulsory song
    - Sweet Dream - cover of Ko Shibasaki, regular song in 2010 tours
    - Mata Ashita (with 3Bjunior) - 2011 3bjunior annual event (or just say it 2011 ore no fujii)
    - One Love (with 3Bjunior) - 2010 ore no fujii
    - Alone - as UFI
    - Mirakuru - as UFI
    - Onaji Kimochi (with Tokyo Girls Style) - 2011 joint performance with TGS
    - Wasurerarenu Music - Nippon Broadcasting 60th anniversary special song
    - Valentine's Radio - cover of Yuming, 2013 valentine event
    - Last Christmas - cover of WHAM, performed in Momokuri 2010
    - Yamada Denki dept store cm song (lol)
    also Jasper was one of their main song in their setlists around 2009 tours (champion carnival and giant series), AKB song Oogoe Diamond was a regular in the 2010 Kaitou Shoujo tour, Iiwake Maybe was only performed about once or twice in the same tour

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    @fishpockets
    That would be greatly appreciated :)
    I just don't have the time to do that

@mocha21
    Splendid. Will be added asap!

That fleeting moment lasted not even a day. Lol
    Spotted nine new entrries in the fifth Folk Mura as well...