• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    January 23
    Music Station
    Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    Just found this, a fairly old news story, but interesting nonetheless. The story behind epic concerts of Momoclo, also the guy is surprisingly only 31 and already rules over one of nation's largest record companies. with a cool goatee.
    http://www.asianewsnet.net/How-live-concerts-are-reshaping-Japans-music-indus-65349.html

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Princess Ahrin on Kirumania Family at HO
    http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=81795

image image
    Spoiler:
    image image
    image image
    image image

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    Kanako was just on Mezanews, so scour the Youtubes, people!

The back is a bit weird, but her hair will flatten with time. Sideways is best, despite her weird ears :P

• AzureusAzureus

January 2015
    1470 Reputation

• January 2015
    50 Reputation
    I haven't seen this around. So what do you guys think of Kanako's hair? will it be a successful look? And is Shiorin going to grow her hair out?

• January 2015
    59 Reputation
    I don't know.. I mean her new hair style still looks good, but I think she looks more beautiful with longer hair :)
    And I hope Shiorin will grow her hair out as well :)

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I like how she's so happy about it :)

I don't like the short hairdo on her though. One tomboy in the group is enough.
    It suits Shiorin very well (in- and outside. Lol) but Kanako should have longer hair

• January 2015
    59 Reputation
    Agree with you there Mattthecat, it suits Shiori better :)

• January 2015
    131 Reputation
    I personally think it looks great on Kanako, but that's really beside the point. I've been really put off by the possessive attitude I've noticed a lot of people having. Kind of creeps me out, and it's a big reason I don't like groups like AKB.

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation

I've been really put off by the possessive attitude I've noticed a lot of people having. Kind of creeps me out, and it's a big reason I don't like groups like AKB.

I just read everything as personal preference. Remember that we have non-native speakers.

Disliking AKB because of something the fans do doesn't seem fair.

• January 2015
    131 Reputation
    asan said:

Disliking AKB because of something the fans do doesn't seem fair.

I haven't really been bothered by anything on this forum. It's other places I've noticed less pleasant reactions.

As far as the AKB thing, it seems like all the creepiness is encouraged and created by the management of the group, which I find really problematic.

• January 2015
    59 Reputation
    I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but nah I wouldn't say I'm possessive. I think these girls shall do whatever they like and if Kanako wants short hair, then Kanako shall have short hair :)
    I've only stated my personal "taste" but with that, I do not have any intentions to bash or say "they should do this, or this" and so on.
    I like Momoiro because of their music and such, not because they are teeny idol girls or how they look, and the same thing goes for AKB.

• January 2015
    131 Reputation

I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but nah I wouldn't say I'm possessive. I think these girls shall do whatever they like and if Kanako wants short hair, then Kanako shall have short hair :)
    I've only stated my personal "taste" but with that, I do not have any intentions to bash or say "they should do this, or this" and so on.
    I like Momoiro because of their music and such, not because they are teeny idol girls or how they look, and the same thing goes for AKB.

No, I wasn't referring to anyone on this forum. What you're saying seems right on.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    she needs to tease it out or fluff it up or something. when it's laying flat like in that video, it looks a little silly. as it stands now, she's kind of rocking the Yama-chan look :))

• January 2015
    62 Reputation
    Alas, possessiveness and creepiness is an integral part of the whole idol thing. After all, idols are all about objectification, right? Besides, as much as being possessive, this chivalrous "she's free to do what she wants" attitude is also a kind of objectification, because it simply ignores the fact that Japanese idols are very much unfree, unlike Western celebrities. So, I guess, the only uncreepy way to put it is to just to say - "I like this new hairstyle" or "I do not" without any further innuendo. I personally think it is great for Kanako. And it'll be even better in couple of weeks =)

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    [Event] Sante × Momoclo Secret LIVE
    Setlist
    overture
    01, Naichaisou Fuyu
    02, Kimiyuki
    03, Bokura no Century
    MC
    04, Hitotsubu no Egao de
    05, GOUNN
    06, Tsuyoku Tsuyoku
    MC
    07, Sora no Curtain
    08, sweat&tears

• AzureusAzureus

January 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Saw this pics from online forms.
    Spoiler:

Also I believe this is what inside look like at the secret live event.

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    kaminari said:

because it simply ignores the fact that Japanese idols are very much unfree, unlike Western celebrities.

I'm not directing this comment directly to you, but I've seen a lot of people who think Western celebrities are free... HA! I think that's a misconception people have because the media tries to make it look like that, also a false image to try to appeal to people. I can assure you, people like Anne Hathaway or Jennifer Lawrence didn't cut their hair without consulting with their "team".

With that being said I don't think it's wrong to consult with your team or, like Kanako did, consult with Kawakami. It's a business and you're selling your image, so it's natural to be worried about changes. But I think Kawakami said it was alright for Kanako to cut her hair short because he knows at this point people love her for who she is and not because of her hair.

Did I love the ponytail? Yes. But I also can't wait to see the hairstyles she can pull off now. At the end of the day it's just a 20 year old who cut her hair. If she had lost the hability to do the Ebizori Jump because of it, THEN we should worry.

Sorry for the long post but I've also been gathering my thoughts on the subject because of the negativity I've been seeing elsewhere.

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    UST
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/momoclotv
    January 19
    21:00~
    Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina MV