General Discussion
  • February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Tensai Shimura Doubutsuen 20150228
    http://www.miomio.tv/watch/cc167390/

Edit: Idols and puppies. Can't go wrong there....
    Oh, and living proof that little doggies are okay with Momoka :)
    image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image
    image image image

• February 2015
    78 Reputation
    asan said:

Paul strikes me as always being that way, though. What irks me is the attitude "everybody's half our height, so let's do stuff we could never get away with at home".

And perhaps there's absolutely zero malintent behind it, but it still comes across as culturally insensitive. The Japanese are not the touchy feely type. Especially cross gendered.

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    In which case our girls must be either foreigners or male as they certainly didn't mind :)

Two questions:
    Can anyone tell me what this cartoon series is all about and how Momoclo came to be integrated in it?

And what the reason for Momoka's barefoot appearance at the Ongakusai was?

• February 2015
    78 Reputation

In which case our girls must be either foreigners or male as they certainly didn't mind :)

You can't read minds though. We've only seen it happen in a public forum. Of course they arn't going to show outward discomfort. Even in a private setting they probably wouldn't. There was a case in my high school with a Japanese foreign exchange student. In America it's quite normal to hug your friends, but she had been hiding the fact that the hugs made her extremely uncomfortable. She just didn't know how to come out and say it. Just looking at her outward appearance and expressions you wouldn't be able to tell.

Just imagine you going to a country where kissing was a normal greeting (which is not uncommon). It would make me REALLY uncomfortable to be put in that situation, especially if I didn't know it was the norm.

Also it has nothing to do with gender, so saying they're "male" has little to do with it.

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    You mentioned the cross-gender thing, not me

And I know that Japanese people at first are rather hesitant about bodily contact.
    I once hugged a good Japanese friend of mine as a "thank you" and immediately knew "wrong!". Lol

But in Momoclo's case it's different. Have you looked at Momoka, Kanako or Reni and their interactions with KISS?
    No way in hell was there any discomfort whatsoever.
    You also have to take in account that people working in showbusiness are generally more loose and open-minded than the general public.
    Plus hey, you invite seasoned rock musicians you can't expect to get choir boys
    I just think that you are creating a "scandal" here where there is none. Or has there been a 2ch shitstorm because of it?

• February 2015
    75 Reputation
    asan said:

Someone at Stardust should grow some balls and tell KISS to keep their hands to themselves. They wouldn't conk the anchor on the head on an american show, so what gives?

I suppose I should relax, but in all these appearances together there was a little more contact with the girls than I was prepared for. We're talking about idols here afterall.

On the Music Station performance in particular right before the performance started, weren't even members of Arashi mentioning some unexpected physical contact involving themselves and KISS? And I think Music Station co-host played it off as just being very "friendly". I suspect that the fact that they even mentioned it says something right there. By the way, my Japanese is terrible, I just cant do it by ear with any reliability, so please correct me if I was wrong there.

Anyway, I hope there weren't any hard feelings, I know it was all in good fun. I've actually come to respect and perhaps even like the guys in KISS after seeing this whole collaboration, much to my own surprise.

• February 2015
    114 Reputation

Anyway, I hope there weren't any hard feelings, I know it was all in good fun. I've actually come to respect and perhaps even like the guys in KISS after seeing this whole collaboration, much to my own surprise.

^ I agree, I doubt the guys from KISS we're doing the contact with that kind of intention, they all look like friendly cool guys :)>- Btw i found this funny post when Eric was carrying Momoka. :)) https://twitter.com/UGFCN/status/571277767209136128 =))

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Lol.
    Pictures speak more than thousand words :)

• AzureusAzureus

February 2015
    1470 Reputation

Tensai Shimura Doubutsuen 20150228

• February 2015
    262 Reputation
    I remember Kyary talking about her first experiences with western celebrities, talking about how it was weird that they wanted to hug and shake hands and be unusually close to her. She said it made her uncomfortable, but it seemed like it wasn't in a "bad" way, just kind of a culture shock.

We're talking about mostly adult women being hugged by men in their 60's in front of cameras. At worst it's just slightly awkward for them.

I just think that you are creating a "scandal" here where there is none. Or has there been a 2ch shitstorm because of it?

last I heard, that blackface performance is supposed to air on Mar.7 so if it's a shitstorm you're looking for, look no further than that

• AzureusAzureus

February 2015
    1470 Reputation

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Oh I can do nicely without any kind of storm...

Hot Wave again? That's great. I love that show

• OM617OM617

February 2015
    176 Reputation
    I recently gained a new friend though a friend that is a "hugger". Yes, it can be a bit uncomfortable but it is their way of showing affection towards friends and it would be rude to refuse or show discomfort.
    Being idols Momoclo can't show discomfort, ESPECIALLY at a press event, unless they made it clear it was part of a skit or banter. They have been with KISS on several occasions now since November, if it were an issue I'm sure they or their handlers would have put a stop to it long ago.
    Reni and Kanako are adults and Momoka will be in 2 weeks, its pretty much up to them anyways.

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    ブラマヨとゆかいな仲間たち アツアツっ! 20150228
    http://www.miomio.tv/watch/cc167485/

• futon

February 2015
    11 Reputation
    Hi, guys!
    New here, discovered MCZ through KISS, I'm a huge KISS fan. I'm sure you have no worries about contact. Number one, the youngest member of KISS is Tommy, in his early 50's. Two, you can just tell KISS just plain like these girls, they are talented and cute as heck and seem very sweet. Gene has a daughter older than the girls in MCZ, I'm sure he sees them in a similar fashion. As for contact, the girls do initiate it as well, and it's all very friendly looking. When they first met Paul Stanley in Vegas they all rushed him and hugged him. You see numerous occurrences of hugging, fist bumps, etc, initiated by both groups in many news clips of them together I've found on Dailymotion. There is an obvious mutual like for each other there. Reni seems quite taken with Gene, Momoka seems to really like drums and Eric Singer, Paul Stanley obviously thinks Kanako Momota is great. I wouldn't worry about anything. KISS have been around for 40+ years. In that time they've had Joe Perry from Aerosmith and Phil Collen from Def Leppard come on stage as a one off to play a song with them, and they were touring with them at the time. This MCZ vs KISS thing is very unique in the KISS world, and you have fans like me who think it's great and fans who absolutely hate it.
    I've been a KISS fan since the 70's, and trust me, I've hated some stuff they've done, but this collaboration I love, the song is great, I really like MCZ, enough that I've explored more of their music and really like some songs I've heard. It's a cool thing and both groups have a hit song now. I think it's excellent! I've even bought both the KISS and MCZ cd's ( Cd Japan is great!)
    So anyway, some perspective from a KISS fan. Looking forward to some live video of them both from Tokyo! Oh, and hello from Canada!

• February 2015
    78 Reputation
    I wasn't trying to start a "scandal" or anything. I was just saying that I personally found it a bit disturbing and perhaps culturally ignorant/insensitive on Kiss's part, mostly Paul as he is the one doing 90% of it.

Also, hello to the user above!

• futon

February 2015
    11 Reputation
    Forgot to add, KISS has been playing in Japan since the 70's, toured there 11 times now. They love Japan and I am sure are aware of various aspects of the culture. Japan influenced KISS very early on. Their second album artwork from 1974. image

KISS in Japan on their first tour there, 1977. image

• AzureusAzureus

March 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Anime Kohaku Utagassen vol.4 15.01.25
    Gera Gera Po no Uta/Youkai Taisou Dai Ichi

Moretsu Uchu Kokyokyoku Dai Nana Gakusho "Mugen no Ai"

Words of the Mind

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation

• mocha21mocha21

March 2015
    380 Reputation
    I've just got time to watch everything awesome happened in this week, vs Arashi, A Studio, Honmadekka and Nep League gave me good laughs lol, I almost forgot that Momoka is the most adorable girl in the planet :) , M Sute and Ongakusai (I think there have been no mention about how she ended up barefoot) are hands down great performances, this has been a great week for Momoclo.
    I actually get used more to the "skinship" between the two groups ever since their their first blog and twitter pics, and yes, they were looking happy all along, remember when Reni is always the one who started to get touchy feely towards Gene. I can see the problem, though, it's a bit cringeworthy especially when they're on a prime time TV show in the Land of Consideration.

...and Shiori in Sekai Fushigi Hakken 20150301, gold and white or blue and black, why not both? :))