General Discussion
  • November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Aside from possible disagreements all I can think right now is the new concept of New Year's eve events
    One of the reasons H!P didn't return to Kouhaku despite Momusu being invited as they have their own countdown show
    Seems the Momoclo event will at least be streamed. And maybe made into a DVD/BluRay later on for more revenue?

Personally I think it's the wrong path.
    You need to have a certain amount of freely and easily accessible public appearances.
    Especially in a combination with other artists.
    And forcing fans to decide between a tradition and an event like this ain't good either
    This kind of inbreeding is dangerous in my opinion.

So as much as I would be looking forward to a Momoclo countdown I would have preferred to see them at the Kouhaku

• InvaderInvader

November 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I don't know what to think. It's true their sales have declined but their concerts make up for it, so It's weird if that was the reason for not getting invited (unless they run out of space and wanted other people there)

I thought that turning down Kohaku was a business suicide for all the powerful people who are being it, so it's also hard to think that's what has happened.

Making their own new years show is them focusing on their niche and I don't know if it's the right time to do that.

Edit: I read the whole list of participants and I'm inclined to say they didn't get invited. Not many idols and the ones there make more sense than Momoclo right now.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    It might be also noted that AKB, NMB and N46 are the only idol groups left in the line-up (not considering E-Girls or µ's as idol units). Not even SKE

• November 2015
    5201 Reputation
    kwkm Twitter
    We were not invited to NHK.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    That clarifies that...
    Having their own countdown then makes sense

Release wise it hasn't been a banner year for Momoclo to be honest. The lack of direction is showing
    And maybe the idol craze is wearing a bit off in general at the moment. Hence my last post
    Fuji TV Next for example aired about half the Tokyo Idol Festival Specials this year compared to 2014

But the folks living in Japan will know more about that

On a lighter note I know what I'll watch on December 31 starting at 23:00 Tokyo time :)

Oh, and I have a feeling kwkm saw this coming.
    You don't pull a countdown show with airing on Teletama out of the hat I think

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    A little remedy to help get over today's shock:

Minnie Mouse and Mighty Mouse on another missing episode (#22 from September 8) of kwkm's LoGiRL show
    http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=94158
    image image
    Spoiler:
    image image
    image image
    image image

• November 2015
    242 Reputation
    Well that certainly came as a surprise for me. Disappointing, because as you say, it forces people to watch either New Year's countdown shows or Kouhaku or Gaki or one of the many other forms of entertainment.

• November 2015
    644 Reputation
    Someone was saying that it was because of the Dazaifu Otoko Matsuri issue that NHK didn't invite them, which is entirely possible. As a relatively new Mononofu, breaking from the "Kohaku tradition" and doing their own countdown is more appealing to me since it means I can watch them the entire time instead of waiting to see them perform 1 song and then turning off Kohaku.

• InvaderInvader

November 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Am I the only one who likes watching the girls perform on shows with other artists? :)) I like watching Kohaku and stuff like that, all of it, not only the girls parts because it forces me to learn about other acts and sometimes I find stuff I like.

I would've never found Momoclo if I didn't watch all the performers at shows like Girls Factory, so I'll watch Kohaku even if they aren't there. I mean, just Shiina Ringo alone makes it worth it + I want to see what Nogi does now that they are the rising stars.

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation

It might be also noted that AKB, NMB and N46 are the only idol groups left in the line-up (not considering E-Girls or µ's as idol units). Not even SKE

This makes more sense that all the speculaton of the last hours regarding the why MCZ wasnt invited. Kouhaku is now bassically AKB's party, so this might be better for MCZ on the long run

Invader said:

I want to see what Nogi does now that they are the rising stars.

Nogizaka46 are SO MUCH far better than AKB, its hard to believe they both are part of the same franchise

• InvaderInvader

November 2015
    1737 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

This makes more sense that all the speculaton of the last hours regarding the why MCZ wasnt invited. Kouhaku is now bassically AKB's party, so this might be better for MCZ on the long run

AKB's party? Kohaku dropped SKE48 and HKT48 this year. They added Nogi because they're pretty much undoubtedly the girl group of the year.

They are letting go of idol groups in general, it's not like they're kicking Momoclo out to make room for more AKB groups. Should they have dropped NMB to keep Momoclo? NMB has sales, Momoclo have concerts, so it's not so rare that NMB is there and Momoclo isn't. Plus reviews for Momoclo's Kohaku performances by the general populations were kinda brutal so it makes sense from a business standpoint.

• November 2015
    5201 Reputation
    November 22
    [TV] Kuro Fes

• eyelesseyeless

November 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Maybe Momoclo make room for Ebichu to enter next year

<:-P

• November 2015
    5201 Reputation
    People sneered.
    "graduate" Who do you think you are?

This article is not a problem.
    The relationship between the Momoclo(Stardust) and the NHK is the most important point.
    They should not quarrel with NHK if they want to appear on Kohaku in the future.
    "Don't make an enemy of NHK" This is a general opinion. NHK will not forgive them if NHK regard them(or stardust) as enemies.
    Granting that kwkm was drunk, this is no excuse for his behaviour.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I thought as well that the graduating comment after not being invited was a bit childish to put it mildly.
    Seems like a severe case of insulted ego

• alancsl

November 2015
    116 Reputation
    [quote=
    This article is not a problem.
    The relationship between the Momoclo(Stardust) and the NHK is the most important point.
    They should not quarrel with NHK if they want to appear on Kohaku in the future.
    "Don't make an enemy of NHK" This is a general opinion. NHK will not forgive them if NHK regard them(or stardust) as enemies.
    Granting that kwkm was drunk, this is no excuse for his behaviour.

1st Jan, 2016 momoclo will be on NHK radio.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Kanako on Teppen Shizuoka November 25
    http://www.sut-tv.com/show/teppen/

• InvaderInvader

November 2015
    1737 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Maybe Momoclo make room for Ebichu to enter next year

<:-P </p>

We can only hope, but I think is going to get harder and harder for idol groups to get into Kohaku or other Tv shows in general.

I actually think Syachi's involvement with MTV feels like a more modern approach to being part of the music community whilst being idols. For Ebichu that approach might be 5572320. For Momoclo I don't know yet, Folkmura is a really old fashioned show... I'm so anxious to see what they do for the upcoming albums.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    On the other hand it might be wise not to follow every trend. If they want to become the female SMAP or Arashi they wouldn't need to.
    Folk Mura certainly ain't hip but it's unique. If that'll be good enough we'll see. What's missing is some kind of variety show in their roster

I agree about the Kouhaku prospects. I don't know about the sales but are Ebichu really popular enough mainstreamwise to be considered?
    Especially given the cut in idol participation this year

Btw the only young male idol band (correct me if I'm wrong) this year is Sexy Zone
    All others (SMAP, Arashi, V6, Kanjani8) are older material. But Johnny is of course stronger than any TV network. Lol

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

They are letting go of idol groups in general, it's not like they're kicking Momoclo out to make room for more AKB groups. Should they have dropped NMB to keep Momoclo? NMB has sales, Momoclo have concerts, so it's not so rare that NMB is there and Momoclo isn't. Plus reviews for Momoclo's Kohaku performances by the general populations were kinda brutal so it makes sense from a business standpoint.

I agree. I meant about the letting go of idols in general, but yeah, this isnt really about popularity but sales. I sometimes forget that

I need to check the oricon rankings, because i felt that of the 48 roster, AKB was the lesser group this year. Which im totally clueless - i havent really been putting too much attention to AKB after that horrendous Mayu centered single last year