General Discussion
  • ebizoriebizori

January 16
    2293 Reputation
    Of course, the graduation in the MCZ is not the same as the graduations in the AKB or even the graduation in the Ebichu. This is another register act
    But each in his own way perceives this withdrawal. Coldness and prudence in reactions do not necessarily mean indifference to this event, it is also a way to experience it in yourself.

• jucat

January 16
    50 Reputation
    The Show Bussines is hard but, Momoiro Clover Z needs vacations at least 1 month a year, 10 years working continuosly with broken bones, with flu without voice, since they were little girls is too much. Please let them rest properly.

• January 16
    66 Reputation
    ebizori said:

Of course, the graduation in the MCZ is not the same as the graduations in the AKB or even the graduation in the Ebichu. This is another register act
    But each in his own way perceives this withdrawal. Coldness and prudence in reactions do not necessarily mean indifference to this event, it is also a way to experience it in yourself.

Thanks for your meaningful reply.
    Of course, the range of reactions to such an emotional event should not be easily judged.
    I just wanted to express my deep personal shock. It is not pose or mannerism.
    Apart from that, I still find the word "graduation" very uninspiring and especially surprising if it comes from Kawakami-san.
    I had the chance of meeting him once and I am a fan of his, too.

• MM305

January 16
    435 Reputation

To me, they have two options as far as how to perform their existing music going forward: one, have them sing Momoka's parts in unison, like they've done when she's had vocal issues in the past, or they could split her parts between the other four girls. If it were up to me, I would go with the second option, and I would probably split her parts between Aarin and Kanako, given they have stronger voices in the upper register.

On that note, I would like to ask: Which member would be most fitting to replace the Momoka bit in “Gorilla Punch”?

• January 17
    61 Reputation
    Honestly, given enough practice, I think it should go to Kanako, given the fact that she already did it when the girls did their most recent color swapping concert.

• January 17
    264 Reputation
    I think it's definitely a possibility that some songs will be retired, out of respect for Momoka. Gorilla Punch was practically written for her, and it would be very weird to have another member sing all those parts. It's the same with songs like Z Densetsu, it just doesn't work without her.

• ebizoriebizori

January 17
    2293 Reputation
    They can simply take out her parts from those songs where it is impossible to replace them, because the text is associated with her. So it is with some parts of Rina in several Ebichu's songs.

• January 17
    372 Reputation
    Any chance they invite someone to take Momoka's place? I know of a certain shrimp who's a free agent, and she would certainly elevate the talent level in any group (and benefit from being in a high profile group everybody knows about).

And I know Aiai said she wants to be out on her own, but MCZ is heading in that direction too: the girls are becoming more and more focused on side projects. I doubt Aiai would have to spend more than a third of her time working with MCZ.

• vimoralvimoral

January 17
    1423 Reputation

Any chance they invite someone to take Momoka's place? I know of a certain shrimp who's a free agent, and she would certainly elevate the talent level in any group (and benefit from being in a high profile group everybody knows about).

And I know Aiai said she wants to be out on her own, but MCZ is heading in that direction too: the girls are becoming more and more focused on side projects. I doubt Aiai would have to spend more than a third of her time working with MCZ.

I also thought the same, green for green, it would be a fantasy and it would be the only one I can accept as a substitute for Momoka but I doubt that it will come true.

• January 17
    66 Reputation
    Obviously the option of a "guest member" is technically feasible, and probably oriented towards a sort of normalization.
    It is also the worst in my perspective (independently from the well deserved consideration for Aiai or other candidates).
    Adopting such an option means that MCZ has become just another easily manipulated brand with no purpose of its own, but complete with graduations, promotions, substitutions etc.
    That is precisely the kind of "normality" against which Kawakami-san spoke, more than once, long time ago.

As for me, personally,「入口のない出口」 is not only an album title...

• SpookyBSpookyB

January 17
    17 Reputation
    Personally I hope they don't just substitute another singer in, it just kind of has the feel that they would just be replacing her...if momoclo do continue (which I'm sure they will) I think the best way would just adapt certain songs that can be and like Flowercreek mentioned, some can be retired

• January 17
    3398 Reputation
    Aiai said (like Momoka basically) that she wanted to enjoy the remainder of her youth away from being an idol and the restrictions.
    Why quit Ebichu and immediately enter the same ratrace as before with Momoclo?
    Sorry for the Aiai fans but that's hardly likely
    And I agree with Lynn. I wouldn't like it either. Momoclo worked because the girls had lived through everything together.
    Whoever would come in would appear like an outsider

kwkm LoGiRL #126 January 15

https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=122061

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

I guess everyone knows the content by now...
    Maybe my imagination but to me it was an eery athmosphere in the studio

• manumczmanumcz

January 17
    12 Reputation
    I was checking the TV interviews that the girls did and I don't know but I feel that all this about the "Graduation" is like a joke or the promotion of something, Don't you think that? I mean the girls look so calm even Momoka that is the most sentimental of the group, not cries, she looks "happy", and the suddenly announcement of the Graduation Concert without even a goodbye single like the one that they released with Akari; why she decide to retire in the 10 anniversary year of the group? why not before or after that?... All these make me believe that there's something more behind, or maybe I don't assimilated the news so just have to wait until January 21 to see what happens :-/ (I hope it's just a joke)

• January 17
    904 Reputation
    Take a closer look at Reni and Tama during the Mezamashi interview. You'll see them holding back.
    Also, they're now adults and have known for about a month, making it easier for them to understand and process the situation compared to 2011 when they were still students and the announcement was 3 days after they were told of Akarin graduating. They also have to show more professionalism with all of the appearances they have to make.
    They are shocked/sad/angry about it but they've grown enough to understand her reasoning and accept it. If it was a joke, it would have been way too obvious and wouldn't be made so public. You can see how upset the girls are in most interviews because they're closer the graduation day and may still be in shock.

• ebizoriebizori

January 17
    2293 Reputation
    aiai said she did'nt want to be an idol and that it is very difficult for her to work in a group at all (she will find her own solo ways)
    so such transition would be a kind of betrayal in relation to Ebichu and would mean that she is a liar
    I don't think that Aika is a liar

• January 17
    372 Reputation

Why quit Ebichu and immediately enter the same ratrace as before with Momoclo?

I'm not convinced it's the same ratrace. Look at what Momoka has been able to do (solo concerts, album, songwriting, the people she has worked with over the years). She might not be interested in that life anymore, but that doesn't mean Aiai doesn't have the ambition to make the sacrifices that will let her access those opportunities.

I don't know that she has that ambition, but I also don't know that she doesn't.

As for quitting Ebichu...maybe it was because she wants out of the ratrace, maybe it was because she's ambitious and wants a better ratrace. That wasn't happening for her, in Ebichu. Her talent has been evident at least since she was 15. Almost four years later, if you do a google search for evidence of that talent, you'll find maybe 4-5 vids that showcase it (half of them on Momoclo sponsored shows).

Meanwhile, look at the chances Momoka has gotten, in MCZ. Look at how much she's been able to achieve. We don't know that Aiai isn't interested in what kwkm & co. has to offer a talented singer.

• January 17
    372 Reputation
    ebizori said:

I don't think that Aika is a liar

I'm sure she's a liar...on account that everyone is. This would have been a white lie, meant to highlight the positives instead of the negatives of her time spent with Ebichu...the kind we all tell from time to time.

• ebizoriebizori

January 18
    2293 Reputation
    "if you do a google search for evidence of that talent, you'll find maybe 4-5 vids that showcase it."

But her account in the instagram has more followers than Shiorin's account has. She is very active on the network, a lot of streams, photos, meetings with idols, I think she will be able to realize her high ambitions herself

• January 18
    372 Reputation
    ebizori said:

I think she will be able to realize her high ambitions herself

No one can realize high ambitions on their own. If she has any ambitions beyond where she is now, her choice isn't about whether she does it alone or with others, her choice is about who she does it with, and under what conditions.

• ebizoriebizori

January 18
    2293 Reputation
    Somehow you have a lot of negativity, I don't know why
    Now she is in a very good position for a new start. The last single of Ebichu sales is more than BLAST, Ebichu easily collected two Budokans with additional seats, and she is only 18