General Discussion
  • January 18
    3398 Reputation

Why quit Ebichu and immediately enter the same ratrace as before with Momoclo?

I'm not convinced it's the same ratrace. Look at what Momoka has been able to do (solo concerts, album, songwriting, the people she has worked with over the years).

Which is probably exactly why she decided to quit. It's been too much.
    Don't you think we should just accept what the girls have said?

• SpookyBSpookyB

January 18
    17 Reputation
    Why has this suddenly become a competition between Ebichu and Momoclo...?

• January 18
    372 Reputation

Which is probably exactly why she decided to quit. It's been too much.
    Don't you think we should just accept what the girls have said?

We should accept that we don't agree...

• January 18
    3398 Reputation
    It's their lives. Period.
    Graduations are parts of idol live and fandom.

And I absolutely agree with SpookyB

• January 18
    264 Reputation
    I made a video to pay tribute to Momoka. I've tried to showcase all her different sides - the cool Momoka, the funny Momoka, the cute Momoka. The Momoka who is always overflowing with emotion and passion for music. Feel free to share it around if you'd like.

• January 18
    3398 Reputation

• January 18
    38 Reputation
    I haven't posted on this forum since March 2016. I discovered Momoclo in 2012 and I became a rabid fan as I watched them rise to the top. But once they reached the pinnacle, there was no place left to go and, to me, they began to lose a bit of that spark. I gradually lost active interest and moved on to other groups. But I still checked in now and then to see what they were up to. I could see that all the girls were preparing for an eventual transition into solo careers.

I was especially interested in Momoka's solo projects.The announcement of her graduation and retirement took me utterly by surprise. I suspect something behind the scenes prompted a more hasty graduation than what might have been planned, but that's none of my business. I also don't believe Momoka's departure from the entertainment world will be permanent; she has show biz in her blood. I expect her to return someday. But for now, farewell to our beloved little giant. Thanks for everything.

• January 19
    34 Reputation
    Sad news indeed. Momoka was one of my two favourite members together with Kanako. But I understand her: it has indeed been too much.

It would be interesting to compare the situation with Dempagumi after Moga's departure. They had had the intention to continue as a quintet, but very recently they added not just one, but two girls. This makes me think that a substitution is quite an option for Momoclo as well. It is not that any of these groups was known for extensive turnover.

Does anyone has any more information/opinions about the Dempagumi case? I did not dig too hard, but I was not able to find a good source of news about this group in English.

• January 19
    3398 Reputation
    The Dempa Case is indeed a bit odd as both new members, Nagi Nemoto and Rin Kaname, keep their concurrent positions in Niji no Conquistador and its sister unit Begoba.
    However I don't think the Dempettes are seen as much of a unit as Momoclo was which stems from their "rags to riches" story (which is of course a bit misleading as they always had the potential backing of Stardust behind them)
    And even if Momoka wasn't present in the Yoyogi Park days and entered during the first tour the girls became that fixed unit that made it I think impossible for potential replacements
    But that's just my feeling

• vimoralvimoral

January 19
    1423 Reputation
    I do not understand the incorporation of a new member as a replacement, i understand it as a reinforcement to a unit that has been seriously damaged.
    If they incorporated someone, I would not see her as a Momoka 2. I would see her as someone who brings fresh air to the group and who can do it grow up

• January 19
    449 Reputation
    It's difficult to compare Dempa's situation with Momoclo, because Dempa established early on that new members could and would be added, and that continued throughout their existence, lest we forget that Moga (and Pinky) was added after they had already begun activities and released an album. Momoclo hasn't added members since their lineup was fluid, which was before the release of any debut. Dempa may struggle some with the loss of a very popular member and one who was part of their breakthrough, but the idea that they'd add someone isn't revolutionary; it would be just that for Momoclo.

• SpookyBSpookyB

January 19
    17 Reputation
    I feel like Momoclo has always stood apart from the traditional idol idea of adding in new members and changing the lineup frequently so if they were to add a new member it just wouldn't feel like Momoclo to me personally, especially considering the amount of years they've been active. Who knows, to others it might be a cool new thing to explore but I'm not sure. Also as a side note, what do you think will happen to Ikuze? Reckon they'll change it up a third time?

I hadn't been keeping up with Dempa for the past few months, I didn't know they'd gained two new members since moga had left, have they got new colours and everything? Or has one taken the role of Moga's purple theme?

• January 19
    449 Reputation
    The new members kept the colors that had been associated with them in their idol careers. One is green (a true green, not mint green like Nemu), and the other one is "egg," which is yellow, but they changed the name to avoid 100% overlap with Eitaso. They usually seem to retire colors once used.

• January 19
    34 Reputation
    Lurkette said:

It's difficult to compare Dempa's situation with Momoclo, because Dempa established early on that new members could and would be added, and that continued throughout their existence,

Thanks, I didn't know about this statement.

Lurkette said:

lest we forget that Moga (and Pinky) was added after they had already begun activities and released an album. Momoclo hasn't added members since their lineup was fluid, which was before the release of any debut. Dempa may struggle some with the loss of a very popular member and one who was part of their breakthrough, but the idea that they'd add someone isn't revolutionary; it would be just that for Momoclo.

They didn't change their line-up from 2012 until recently, which in the idol world makes a lot of time, so you can call them a stable unit. For me, Dempa starts with WWD, I haven't even heard their preceding album. And Momoclo also had momoiro punch without Momoka, if I am not mistaken.

Has anyone had a chance to see the new Dempagumi's line-up in action? I gather there was a concert recently.

SpookyB said:

Also as a side note, what do you think will happen to Ikuze? Reckon they'll change it up a third time?

I bet they will. If they changed it the first time, they should stay consistent.

• January 19
    3398 Reputation

• RainyRainy

January 19
    30 Reputation
    Hi y'all, sorry I haven't been active lately. I'm not sure how applicable this is in the category but I made a tribute cover to Momoka of Eien no Trinity and I would love if some of y'all could watch it. If any of y'all could share it on facebook I'd love that too just cause I'm too shy to do it myself. I hope you guys like it.

Link:

• January 20
    3398 Reputation
    Shiori Tamai - Joshi-teki Seikatsu #3 20180119
    Third of the 4-part renzoku with Shiorin as friend of the transgender lead

https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=122156

image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image

• January 20
    11 Reputation
    Hi guys! Im new here, but I just want to express how sad I am for Momoka's departure. I believe that momoclo wouldn't have achieved this much success without Momoka, as she really elevated the group in terms of singing and performing. However, I also understand that doing the same thing for 22 years can get tiring, and the little giant deserves to do whatever she wants with her life. I only wish Momoka the best!

I just recently became a fan of momoclo last year, and I have already promised myself to watch them live, even just once in my lifetime. This dream is still the same despite recent developments, although I would have wanted to watch all 5 (and if possible all 6 including Akari). Hoping that momoclo performs in the olympics!

• AzureusAzureus

January 20
    1470 Reputation
    Hi everyone, sorry for not posting any thing for awhile, but I've been always have been a Momoclo fans off the forums. When I saw the news about this, my heart just STOP for a second and thought this can't be real, and it's just so sudden.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen yet so that I would able to go to Japan in time and see all five of them Live. This is heart breaking for me, but if this has to be it then I will fully support her decision. I will never forget Momoka's vibrant voice and her beautiful smile that shine us all.

• January 20
    81 Reputation
    Like many others here today, I too have not posted in a long time but have been avidly keeping up with the group over the past few years. As for the news of Momoka's departure, I too am very saddened by this, but at the same time am happy that she is doing what she feels is best for her and all I want is the best for her and all of the members as well.

Its strange, I discovered MCZ back in 2011, the year I started going to university. They were one of the main reasons I ended up majoring in Japanese and I cant begin to tell you how many essays and presentations I've written on them. I know that they as a group are not yet ending, but there is no doubt this is the end of an era, and who knows how much time is left until the entire group retires as well.

As the poster above mentioned, i think one of the worst parts for me too is knowing that I will have never seen them live all together. I tried to get tickets back when I went to Japan in 2015, but the time I was in japan ironically enough was when they were in the states performing at that anime convention in LA. Then I wanted to try again this past summer, but they weren't performing when I was there. In hindsight i probably should've scheduled my trips there around one of their concerts and not the other way around lol. As far as where the group goes from here, I feel as though they will just continue on as MCZ being the 4 of them, as I feel adding a new member would be out of character for them. A slight name change I wouldnt be too upset with, but as many above have stated MCZ as a brand has a lot more meaning to it than just MC did so Im also ok with them keeping it.

Either way, I hope this is something that we as a fanbase can overcome and keep supporting our girls!