Random Talk
  • March 2014
    14 Reputation
    hey guys, i didn't notice the site was back up and running. haha.

im kinda lost on the new momoclo stuff, need to catch up on all the 2014 stuff so far.

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Heyyyy! I was just asking where you got to. Welcome back. :)

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    I'd like to extend my thoughts to the people of Japan, particularly Tohoku, today. The third anniversary of the 2011 earthquake, tsunami and nuclear malfunction. Ganbatte Tohoku.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Babyraids concert is really powerful, I'm impressed

Spoiler:

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Thanks eyeless, can't wait to watch these after work. After momoclo and BABYMETAL, Babyraids are the only other idol group i like so i hope they continue to improve.

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Hime Kyun Fruit Can.

Just found these guys and I really like them. The guitar is punchy giving the songs a really bouncy and fresh feel, the choruses are really catchy and they all have great voices.

Major debut Andante

Second major single Moratorium

I Daiichi hope

• Paco

March 2014
    331 Reputation
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... ;-)

• Paco

March 2014
    331 Reputation
    Sorry for double post but this is an interesting TV show on idols (I think, I don't uderstand a word, haha):

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Thank you for sharing!

------
    I like Himekyun's new song

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Paco said:

Sorry for double post but this is an interesting TV show on idols (I think, I don't uderstand a word, haha):

I was laughing so hard to what he do to BiS' tenten. It's kinda rude but :))

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    eyeless said:

^
    I like Himekyun's new song

Really like the video and song.
    I think these guys are gonna officially be the 4th Japanese girl band band I PROPERLY get into. :)

• OM617OM617

March 2014
    176 Reputation

The day Momoclo appear in bikinis is the day I stop following them.

Have a view at Kimi to Sekai and Coco☆Natsu. Both from 2010.
    http://rutube.ru/video/c78dfb073863c249edfe29e3929a1807/
    http://vube.com/Asian-Channel/xS2I4pHlTI?t=s

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Paco said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... ;-)

What the hell?!?! I LOVE IT! who are hy4_4yh (hyper yoyo)? can't find much apart from the jp wikipedia.

OM617 said:

1. Coconatsu doesn't count as a bikini, they have other clothes on.
    2. How have i not seen the Kimi to Sekai PV?!?! Whaaaaat. O_o

Actually Kimi to Sekai is one of my favourites and this video kind of makes it feel kinda wrong. v_v ...Oh well! :p

[EDIT] Ok, after watching the whole thing that was definitely wierd. Feels very strange to see Momoclo like that. I wonder what they were thinking with that PV? I guess afterwards they pretty quickly decided not to go down that road again or something. Also, how many ice creams did they go through filming that?!

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

What the hell?!?! I LOVE IT! who are hy4_4yh (hyper yoyo)? can't find much apart from the jp wikipedia.

They're an idol group :D

I don't know much about them as well, just hear them from TIF 2013. And I don't understand how hy4_4yh pronounced Hyper Yoyo

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

I wonder what they were thinking with that PV? I guess afterwards they pretty quickly decided not to go down that road again or something.

It's a joke. They couldn't do it again because (some of ;) the girls became less flat.

eyeless said:

And I don't understand how hy4_4yh pronounced Hyper Yoyo

A mix of onomatopoeia and smileys that only makes sense historically.

• March 2014
    65 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

2. How have i not seen the Kimi to Sekai PV?!?! Whaaaaat. O_o

Conventional wisdom is that it was meant as a joke – a failed attempt at making fun of idols being sexy or something. They did three videos for that single: Pinky Jones, Coco Natsu, and Kimi to Sekai. (Why don't they do this anymore?) The Coco Natsu bikinis are obviously tongue-in-cheek, just like the unko bras on their Yokohama Arena catsuits, so I buy it. Maybe Kimi to Sekai fails because they were too young to understand how to execute it properly. I never finished the video the first time I saw it, and I have no desire to watch it again. It seems like most fans just try not to talk about it.

On the other hand, it seems like, in their early days, management wasn't above making jokes at the girls' expense. The slo-mo water gun in Coco Natsu is a bit uncomfortable for me, and then there's the "ectoplasm" in Shirome. But I'm not too familiar with them before the Z era, so I'll just leave it at that.

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation

They did three videos for that single: Pinky Jones, Coco Natsu, and Kimi to Sekai. (Why don't they do this anymore?)

I'm sure GOUNN cost more than those three combined.

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation
    Paco said:

Sorry for double post but this is an interesting TV show on idols

Thanks! Seems intended as a freak show, but it's good to see the...lesser majority of the idol world.

I like BiS' music, but never researched them. Turns out they're a good interview.

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    About Kimi to Sekai and Coco☆Natsu: I've always seen them as parodies, but that turned out a little weird (in Kimi to Sekai's case, it turned ot to be reeeeeeeally weird).

I think they got a more focused idea of what they wanted to do with the group after they added the Z. Before that they seemed to run by trial and error.

What I also found cringeworthy was the whole Arin stripping performance. I'm glad they don't do that anymore.

• OM617OM617

March 2014
    176 Reputation

The slo-mo water gun in Coco Natsu is a bit uncomfortable for me

Thats what I was hinting at. It looks a little too similar to something "else" Japan is famous for.... Other than that I think its a decent video. Kimi to Sekai though....I just keep the video to keep my collection whole.
    Pinky Jones is definitely awesome though, especially the costumes.