Random Talk
  • MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ I don't listen to much Momosu but when i do it's all 4th - 6th so she's the last one i know/like. A sad day. :( She's also the longest serving member.

• NyokouNyokou

April 2014
    15 Reputation
    Sad that she's graduating but it's about time I guess. I wonder what she plans on doing?

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Tokyo Idol Festival on August 2 & 3
    http://idolfes.com/2014/

I don't expect Momoclo to participate :)) but what about other stardust groups like Ebichu, Syachi or Takoniji. All of them didn't participate last year.

Stardust idols:S★spicy / Le Lien

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Is everybody ready for Eurovision? Tomorrow is the first semi-final!

This year Spain's song is a ballad and that's not what I like about the show, I like the crazyness. At least I hope they give a beautiful performance:

For those of you who are not from Europe and don't know about Eurovision: it is a song festival where each country presents a song. The winner gets to host the event the next year.

And THIS is the best thing that ever happened there (and in the whole of Europe... and probably the whole world... I might be exaggerating, but I'm not :)) ) Ruslana:

What song are your countries presenting?

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    Haha, you seem very excited. I'm not really a Eurovision fan but it's quite fun. England has a history or entering unknown/old, not famous anymore musicians singing quite rubbish songs. This year is apparently a singer called Molly, who i've never heard of, singing a song called 'Children of the Universe'. It's fairly representative of the kind of easy listening crap which we usually put forward so i don't think it will do that well. I'll post it just for you Invader but for the record i don't like it. :p

That Ukraine video is really awesome. :D But the BEST thing to ever happen eurovision, perhaps even the world, is THIS 1979 entry from Germany. Although this is a different recording.

I don't want to count the amount of times i've danced this while drunk, singing included. :p

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ Thank your for the Germany video I've never heard it before. We do have a thing for color coding, don't we? Momoka had a nice moustache in this one =)) But I don't like the bald evil scientist who replaced Akarin.

I've just remembered last year Russia presented Momoclo's 90th anniversary reunion (Akarin included)

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    Invader said:

^ Thank your for the Germany video I've never heard it before. We do have a thing for color coding, don't we? Momoka had a nice moustache in this one =)) But I don't like the bald evil scientist who replaced Akarin.

LMAO! =))
    Momoka's moustache. :p

Invader said:

I've just remembered last year Russia presented Momoclo's 90th anniversary reunion (Akarin included)

LMAO! =))

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    AKB48 performed the handshake event in Iwate Prefecture on May 25.
    The fan injured Kawaei Rina and Iriyama Anna with the edged tool.
    24-year-old man was arrested for murder.
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/117422

Probably Stardust will also cancel all the handshake events.

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ That's scary, I hope they're ok. It's always dangerous when a lot of people attend events like this. They need to improve security, poor girls must have been terrified.

• eyelesseyeless

May 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Yeah, I read this one earlier. I just don't know how can he brought 50cm saw to a handshake event. Didn't they check every bag?

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Although I don't understand a suspect's motive, AKB fans invest much money for their general election.
    It will induce jealousy and a grudge.

• May 2014
    38 Reputation
    I don't follow AKB48, but this is a terrible thing to happen to girls who just want to entertain.

TokyoHive: The handshake event began at 1:00 pm, and many members were in attendance. However, they did not make a possession check of visitors during their entrance.

It appears that security was lax. I had read a fan's account of attending a handshake event, and he said that his clothes were first searched and then his hands were inspected just before meeting the girls. Somehow this person with the saw got through without a proper search.

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ There was a piece in the paper about this this morning. I was flicking through and had to double take. I thought... i'm pretty sure i just saw some idols in the paper? :p
    momomofu said:

Although I don't understand a suspect's motive, AKB fans invest much money for their general election.
    It will induce jealousy and a grudge.

As for the motive, police have said that the suspect was not particularly a fan of the group but said that he "just wanted to commit a random murder" I guess he wanted it to be high profile.

• sskssk

May 2014
    16 Reputation
    The case was even reported in our local newspaper (in Finnish). Come on, we never get ANY idol news.

• Paco

June 2014
    331 Reputation
    3 things are going through my mind today (okay, a few more ...).

First: I am not very much interested in AKB48 but I had nothing to do and watched the election. Simultaneously I read the comments in a wellknown forum (I won't mention). It was a AKB-Thread and there were AKB-fans.

I was very touched by Kawaei Rina. She got rank 16 and was there to give a speech. (Anna Iriyama were live on the phone and got rank 20.)
    Everyone was touched. But noone in that forum - it seemed. The only thing they talked about was, that she is rank 16 and who else is ranking and so on. I was truly shocked by this.
    If I am not mistaken it was the first time after the incident she was at an event?
    But none of the (western) fans seemed to care.
    Very strange.

(I am talking about the lack of empathy or the sense for the importance of this moment. The f* rank is not the important thing, important is that this girl managed to get back on the stage and began to shine again!)

On a lighter note. After many years I really like the new Berryz Kobo single. I loved them a long time ago but the last years I totally lost interest. But this single is very nice. And the second A-side has interesting lyrics. This could be somethng like an anthem for idols in a few years or so.

ps: Sorry fpr my bad English, I hope it was understandable. ;)

• eyelesseyeless

June 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Most of the AKB fans are fans of a member, not the group. This might sound strange but in their fandom, they can love one member, hate other member and don't really care with the rest.

And yes, I agree, Berryz's new single is good, too bad they released it at the same week as Ebichu. I like Ebichu's single more :)

What is your 3rd thing?

• Paco

June 2014
    331 Reputation
    ;) Two Berryz-Songs. ;)
    I prefer Ebichu as well.

AKB: Of course, I understand what you mean. But I am not interested in AKB at all (okay, I like a few members in TV shows and such ...). But from a "humanitarian" standpoint.
    I mean, how can you not talk about this, even if you don't like Kawaei or so:

• InvaderInvader

June 2014
    1737 Reputation
    More often than not people have short attention spans. It's sad but it has happened more than once (not just in this AKB case) , something terrible happens but people get over it really quickly. They forget entertainers are human beings too, and it's not going to be that easy for them.

When it comes to AKB's fandom it's true that having so many members makes the fans interested only in a few and to hell with the rest. But people have to be insensitive not to feel bad about those girls and what it meant for them not only as individuals but as a group.

Happier note: I'm glad Mayu won, she was the first one in AKB I recognized and always wondered how come she wasn't everyone's favourite.

• Paco

June 2014
    331 Reputation

Happier note: I'm glad Mayu won, she was the first one in AKB I recognized and always wondered how come she wasn't everyone's favourite.

I am a little "sad" for Rino because I liked her since her appearance at the Momoclo Yokohama 2 Days "All Stars" concert ... or whatever the title was ... ;)

• InvaderInvader

June 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Paco said:

I am a little "sad" for Rino because I liked her since her appearance at the Momoclo Yokohama 2 Days "All Stars" concert ... or whatever the title was ... ;)

That's true, I always forget about that. I'm happy that girl is so popular even after having a scandal and being exiled to HKT48. I see it as a blow to AKB's machinery.