Random Talk
  • InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    An article about BABYMETAL but they also mention Momoiro Clover Z, Denpagumi.inc, BiS and others:
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2014/03/25/music/babymetal-arent-the-latest-chapter-in-the-wacky-japan-story/#.Uzgej1dZKRl

The comment section got a little harsh about them "losing their childhood" and "not being aware of what they are doing"

In my opinion the girls in the Stardust groups or Sakura Gakuin for example don't lose they childhood. I see it as an after school activity: they could be in an sports club and they'll also have to train and make trips to games and such. When it comes to idols they sing and dance and they do it with other girls their age, so is not as if they're isolated and surrounded by adults. Of course there can also be companies thar treat their girls badly.

Also I think in Japan it's easier to quit an idol group (like Akarin or the Ebichu girls) than in Korea, for example. In K-pop they have really long contracts and if they want to leave early they have to pay a ridiculously high penalty, so most of them just suffer until the contract expires.

Seriously, when I see old concerts from Momoclo I don't think : "well, there goes their childhood". Probably because I know they are not partying afterwards with Snoop Dogg and doing drugs. I think when you watch idols is really important for them to truly have fun in order to make the fans have a good time.

And that's my rant of the day :>

• March 2014
    38 Reputation
    Sakura Gakuin graduation event this weekend. The four '98s are graduated now, Marina, Raura, Nene, and Hinata, the last of the original 8 members. The group has come full circle. They started with 8 in April 2010 and now have 8 again. Yui & Moa were the youngest when they joined in August 2010, and now they are the oldest.
    imageimage

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I have to say this is a great song

well done Tsunku

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Invader said:

An article about BABYMETAL but they also mention Momoiro Clover Z, Denpagumi.inc, BiS and others:
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2014/03/25/music/babymetal-arent-the-latest-chapter-in-the-wacky-japan-story/#.Uzgej1dZKRl

Very interesting article, it's nice to hear some rational thought on the "oh those crazy japanese" mentality the west has. I like the UK analogy. :p

^ Good momosu song but i've never been able to get into them since the first thing heard from them was around the 6th generation and nothing sounds as good to me as the stuff from back then. Although i do really like this one. :)

• Paco

March 2014
    331 Reputation
    ^still my favorite album is the 4th Ikimasshoi!, but I have to say: Momusu has its ups and downs. I think - even I wouldn't call me a fan in these days - they are very strong at the moment. (I think what I am missing is something like controlled chaos ...)

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    The first songs in that medley seems to have the synthy, bouncy feel that i recognise but don't get me wrong i know very little about them. I first thought they were awesome when i heard the original Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari but nothing else i heard from them really compared to it for me. Although that was only last year so i had a lot of newer stuff to contend with which is probably why i had mixed feelings.

^ That perf is really good. Presumably there is old stuff in there since it's "other A side singles". It changed in style significantly from start to finish so i guess they were starting with the older stuff? Still if you say they're strong now might be an idea to check them out again, that perf certainly interested me. In general though bigger groups, especially ones with changing lineups never catch my attention with their music or the members Another reason for me is it's also harder to feel part of a team with groups like that. Smaller is better. :)

• Paco

April 2014
    331 Reputation
    Yes, Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari was great. I think 2001-2005 are the best years.
    4th Ikimasshoi!-Album:

I think this is like a predecessor of Hyadain.

2001-2005 are (in my opinion) more energetic, more fun, more chaotic ... (following videos are randomly chosen):

The songs in the single medley are newer ones. They are all 2012-2014.
    I really like the current Momusu but I don't feel the same fun like I did in earlier years. But maybe I have changed - and I find my joy now in Momoclo and Ebichu and Team S and so on ...

• April 2014
    3398 Reputation
    Please contribute everyone to joshmos' great project!
    Copied from HO

HELP LIFT TSUNKU'S SPIRITS! PROJECT A Fan Made, Collected Message Project
    Written by joshmos, 28-Mar 2014

We are looking to the H!P fandom for messages of hope and love to send off to Tsunku-san in a scrapbook to be put together as soon as possible. Tsunku has given us all so much joy and music and it is time for us to give something back now that he faces something as scary as cancer.

Submissions may be artistic, or just purely messages, and can be no larger than 12x12 inches. and deadline is Tax Day, April 15th!

Submissions can be sent via regular mail or by email, to get the address where to send your submission, email Yvonne at Regrl4eva@yahoo.com

Thank you!

• InvaderInvader

April 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I've been trying the Ps Vita demo for Toukiden: The Age of Demons. And it's killing me how they keep saying mononofu =)) . The English subtitles has translated it as "Slayer" but you can clearly hear "mononofu" again and again.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    Haha, awesome. They need a real mononofu mod.

• eyelesseyeless

April 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Tokyo Idol Festival on August 2 & 3
    http://idolfes.com/2014/

I don't expect Momoclo to participate :)) but what about other stardust groups like Ebichu, Syachi or Takoniji. All of them didn't participate last year.

• Paco

April 2014
    331 Reputation
    Still one of my favorite songy by Tsunku.

If only Oomori Seiko could manage her singing parts better (she misses the beginnings), and if only this were the whole performance ...

• asan

April 2014
    462 Reputation
    asan said:

Last week Momoka of Momoclo and Mizuki of Ebichu both had their phones crap out, destroying all photos.

Riko of Ebichu once forgot the password for her phone, and had to re-format it. But the photos were safely backed up to the computer :)

• April 2014
    5201 Reputation
    私立輝女学園~KAGAJO.COM~
    (Shiritsu Kagayaki Jogakuen)
    http://kagajo.com/

• dmkdmk

April 2014
    104 Reputation
    Woah #3 is a baby Kanako

• asan

April 2014
    462 Reputation
    dmk said:

Woah #3 is a baby Kanako

Except Kanako wasn't as pretty at that age and still isn't as tall ^^

Which matches the site never mentioning singing, only acting.

• eyelesseyeless

April 2014
    2256 Reputation
    One of the most amazing song ever from TOKYO GIRLS' STYLE

• April 2014
    5201 Reputation
    momomofu said:

私立輝女学園~KAGAJO.COM~
    (Shiritsu Kagayaki Jogakuen)
    http://kagajo.com/

Kagajo.COM: Shiritsu teru onna gakuen #1

Kagajo.COM: Shiritsu teru onna gakuen #2

• April 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Michishige Sayumi will graduate from Morning Musume at this autumn.
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/115568

• Paco

April 2014
    331 Reputation
    Oh no!!!

Okay, one could have expected that. But it is sad ...