Random Talk
  • July 2014
    38 Reputation
    Interesting article: A beginner's guide to Japanese idol pop. It focuses on Arashi, AKB48, Perfume, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Momoiro Clover Z, and Babymetal.

http://www.avclub.com/article/unraveling-fantasy-beginners-guide-japanese-idol-p-206896

• OM617OM617

July 2014
    176 Reputation
    "As they go around, each girl presents her color and explains her power. There’s super strength, super science skills, and so on and so forth."
    I don't think he understands the video content, he is just making an assumption based on what he sees them doing.

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I always wondered if it's something about how my brain is "wired" or the fact that I watched anime and played videogames since I was little. But I don't understand how other "westerners" think perfume music is awesome but idol pop is bullshit. I can't, it may have something to do with the fact that I usually don't like american mainstream music and the masses do, so they like perfume as well while I like crazy idol music.

I hope Perfume fans don't get mad at me, I love their visuals, I love the dances, I love A-chan, but their music hurts my brain. I've watched 3 concerts of them and maybe tolerated 3 songs, the rest was like having a seizure.

• OM617OM617

July 2014
    176 Reputation
    I agree. They aren't bad like AKB and clones but their work has too many flashing lights and the buzzing voices aren't appealing to me.

• July 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Stardust Promotion Section 3
    The girls theatre company
    いとをかし(Ito Wokashi)
    http://official.stardust.co.jp/ito-wokashi/interview.html

Shirakawa Rena
    少女劇団いとをかし 自己紹介【白川怜奈】

Spoiler:
    Sakai Hitoka
    少女劇団いとをかし 自己紹介【坂井仁香】

Takahashi Saki
    少女劇団いとをかし 自己紹介【高橋咲樹】

Odagiri Shiori
    少女劇団いとをかし 自己紹介【小田桐汐里】

Nagashiro Norika
    少女劇団いとをかし 自己紹介【長城祝華】

Nagasaka Mako
    少女劇団いとをかし 自己紹介【永坂真心】

• July 2014
    472 Reputation
    Just saw this new Dempagumi.inc pv, didn't even have to look up who produced this :D

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ how come I have that song on my iPod but I haven' seen the video before? I love it and Dempagumi has some pretty cool videos.

• eyelesseyeless

July 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Because they released this song in digital format few months ago. I love dempaguimi's songs but not this one.

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I think I like the song because it's fun and catchy. Perfect for the summer.

I was rewatching WWDII PV and each time I see it I love it even more. Whoever is making Dempagumi's PVs is doing a great job (except for the chupa-chups one, which was meh)

• July 2014
    644 Reputation

Interesting article: A beginner's guide to Japanese idol pop. It focuses on Arashi, AKB48, Perfume, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Momoiro Clover Z, and Babymetal.

http://www.avclub.com/article/unraveling-fantasy-beginners-guide-japanese-idol-p-206896

Wow. The article is complete nonsense in regards to Momoclo, especially about Kawakami-san, the group "failing", and stripping the group of its "sugary shell" (Chai Maxx anyone? lol). I'm reading his book (very slowly...) right now, and it's really interesting.

• asan

July 2014
    462 Reputation
    Came across this croatian winery which for some reason has a japanese sign and suspiciously colored barrels

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    TIF 2014
    HKT48
    Spoiler:

Rev.from DVL
    Spoiler:

Idoling!!!×Sakura Gakuin
    Spoiler:

TGS
    Spoiler:

PALET
    Spoiler:

S/mileage
    Spoiler:

babyraids
    Spoiler:

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Stardust Section 2
    Le Lien
    http://www.lelien.jp/

Lovely Magic PV

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Shiritsu Kagayaki Jogakuen
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/123760
    私立輝女学園 音楽部「輝Together」MUSIC VIDEO

私立輝女学園 音楽部「輝女体操第一」MUSIC VIDEO

• InvaderInvader

August 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ I've got a feeling I'm really going to like them.

• Nantok

August 2014
    589 Reputation
    Is this the younger sister group of Momoclo that stardust wanted to create? If not what happened to the project, feels like this was announced ages ago.

• August 2014
    60 Reputation
    Life After 'Deth: How Megadeth's Marty Friedman Became a Japanese Superstar

Featured Article/Interview with Marty Friedman of the "RollingStone", at least the online magazine!

Very good read about Japanese Music scene and, him being Friedman not to much surprise, featuring Babymetal and Momoclo even with video links now in the "RollingStone" Mag!

• August 2014
    60 Reputation
    The Top 10 Most Insanely Awesome Looking Japanese Artists Ever

Just found on VICE :)
    (even though not completely up to date anymore)

• InvaderInvader

August 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ I don't get why the author put AKB48 in a ranking for "insanely awesome looking". You can't get a more bland look than the AKB girls. I guess it's mandatory to talk about them when you talk about Japan. It even makes less sense considering it has AKB #2 and leaves Kyary at #10.

Changing the subject:
    Since I follow some Stardust related twitter accounts the boy groups have popped up in my feed. I haven't check them out because I don't like boy groups, but I'm curious to know if they are successful. I've seen the picture of one group that is color coded but they didn't have what it takes to add a Pink member :))

Are stardust boy groups independent from the girls? (Since they don't appear on 3B junior lives) Or is it just so that the public don't freak out because the girls have boys around?

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    I know 2 of them, bullet train and dish. I think both groups are still indies. I dont even know how male idol groups can compete with johnny's entertainment