Random Talk
  • mocha21mocha21

October 2014
    380 Reputation
    That's an amazing video work! the pv is on par with the likes of gounn, but definitely crazier :))

• November 2014
    472 Reputation
    Anyone like Tsuri Bit? They just posted new pv, it's super cute:

• asan

November 2014
    462 Reputation
    I'm still bored by their unison singing, but at least Go Fishing isn't as sexed up as Odoruyo...

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    went through that video and found this from a chain of random suggestions: Akamaru Dash, apparently another hyadain's work, the song is more into traditional idol cutesy stuff if compared with his recent take on Dempagumi or Takoniji singles.

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    tsuribit is cute, especially Sakura. But their go fishing costume made me think they're Syachi :))

One of their member is TOKYO GIRLS' STYLE's Konishi Ayano little sister, so I assume she's a good singer. They should try to sing not in unison for once.

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    Found this fan-made quiz when searching for momoclo in google, the quiz is entertaining and fun lol, you guys should take it
    http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=momoiro-clover-z

Also it's looks like it had been made by a member on this forum, erimea. Thank you, it's hilarious :))
    Inspired by that thing I made my own trivia quiz there, you can take it for killing the time: press start and remember it's a time-limited and if you mind share the score, have fun ;))
    https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=odyxmzk5edas

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^

Just finished it, got the ex-member question wrong (don't really remember their names, lol)

BTW, shouldn't the answer to "What is being thrown in words of the mind?" be "gloves" ?

It says the correct answer is shoes

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

Found this fan-made quiz when searching for momoclo in google, the quiz is entertaining and fun lol, you guys should take it
    http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=momoiro-clover-z

Also it's looks like it had been made by a member on this forum, erimea. Thank you, it's hilarious :))
    Inspired by that thing I made my own trivia quiz there, you can take it for killing the time: press start and remember it's a time-limited and if you mind share the score, have fun ;))
    https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=odyxmzk5edas

I fail on the erimea's quiz and now I'm scared :))

------------------

I know some members here are GEM fans, and I like Star Shine Story

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    mav said:

^

Just finished it, got the ex-member question wrong (don't really remember their names, lol)

BTW, shouldn't the answer to "What is being thrown in words of the mind?" be "gloves" ?

It says the correct answer is shoes

Sorry my bad, already fixed that, it would be hilarious if there's an actual flying shoes in every word of minds performance :)) . Glad you enjoyed it

• OM617OM617

November 2014
    176 Reputation
    Hyadain wrote Pinky Jones before Morifu Da yo! (Was the only question I "missed")

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^Pinky Jones was by NARASAKI

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    mav said:

^Pinky Jones was by NARASAKI

damn right it was.

Spoiler:
    narasaki > hyadain

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I like both NARASAKI and Hyadain but I feel like I know a ton of songs by Hyadain and not that many by NARASAKI.
    (Correct me if I'm wrong, basically if wikipedia is wrong :)) )

NARASAKI
    Momoclo:
    Pinky Jones
    Ameno tajikarao
    Kuroi Shuumatsu
    LOST CHILD
    BIRTH Ø BIRTH

BABYMETAL:
    Headbanger
    Catch me if you can

HYADAIN:
    Momoclo:
    Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo
    Mirai Bowl
    Z Densetsu: Owarinaki Kakumei
    Moretsu (Mugen no ai)
    Nippon Egao Hyakkei
    Kokonatsu
    Zenryoku Shoujo
    Wani to Shampoo
    Momoclo no Nippon Banzai!
    Datte Ārin Nan da Mōn
    Santa-san
    Single Bed wa Semai no Desu
    Hai to Diamond (Ok this one just lyrics, but still...composer)

Ebichu:
    Ebizori Diamond
    Doshaburi Regret
    The Tissue
    Oh My Ghost
    Motto Hashire
    Go! Go! Here We Go! Rock Lee
    Ume
    Ebichu Isshukan
    Gozonji! Ebichu Ondo
    Eien ni Chuugakusei
    Hokago Getabako Rock'n'Roll MX
    Ebichu Shusseki Bangou no Uta Sono 1
    I'm Your Manager!!!

Denpagumi.inc:
    Future Diver
    Tsuyoi Kimochi Tsuyoi Ai
    Sabotage
    WWD
    WWD II
    Nottobocchi...Natsu
    Chururichururira

Takoyaki Rainbow:
    Naniwa no Haniwa

That's a whole lot of songs I like. Plus I've just learned Hyadain also made songs for Nana Mizuki, Sheena Ringo AND made the duet between Koda Kumi and Misono which totally brings me back to 2009:

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    Hyadain + Dempagumi Inc is basically my dream team, but he's real hit or miss when he works with other groups. I think his Ebichu songs are some of the weaker songs in their catalogue, with a few exceptions.

On a strictly Momoclo basis, I stand by my opinion. :)

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    Invader said:

Hai to Diamond (Ok this one just lyrics, but still...)

Hyadain wrote the song, it was arranged by Kondo Kenji with lyrics from Natsumi Tadano (best lyricist in all Momoclo's songs :P )

Hyadain + Dempagumi Inc is basically my dream team, but he's real hit or miss when he works with other groups. I think his Ebichu songs are some of the weaker songs in their catalogue, with a few exceptions.
    On a strictly Momoclo basis, I stand by my opinion. :)

In terms of pop songs, I agree I have never been more impressed by Hyadain than with Dempagumi Inc.'s WWD

As for Momoclo songwriters...

For me NARASAKI will forever be god-tier status since he wrote and arranged Kuroi Shuumatsu, while Hyadain with Moretsu also won't be budging from his spot anytime soon.
    Yokoyama Masaru gets an honorable mention since he contributed Chai Maxx, JUMP!!!!!, and Sora no Curtain

However, if we're going to discuss purely on who's the best songwriter, I have to say Revo blows all of them out the water in terms of musical complexity, variety, and depth.

It's really too bad his collaboration with Momoclo was hampered by the Sailor Moon tie-in and limited to one song...give Revo the space of an entire single to work with and he can pump out incredible magic. Check out any of his Sound Horizon work or heck even the Attack on Titan single (the entire single, not the TV cut)

Moon Pride while good was real tame by Revo's standards. I sincerly hope this won't be the end of Momoclo x Revo

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    As a fan of hyadain way back from his youtube days, I agreed that Dempa's WWD is his best take on idol song.
    I listened to dempagumi for the first time with their WWD and back then I didn't know he wrote song for another group other than momoclo and ebichu. Well you know that feeling when you hear familiar tunes in a song, "Ah, I know exactly who did this". You could recognize the "Dempa Pathosu!" in WWD really sounds like "Maketakunai!" in Motto Hashire!, the narration part in WWD is a downright copy of "Akarin e Okuru Uta" and Hirono's part in Ebichu number song and the entire song is a revamped version of his youtube mix Washasha SMILE (http://youtu.be/coivftr6sNY). Those arrangements were assimilated with great lyrics that describe the entire dempagumi's history and the how to do urya oi part that become their own meme in internet world.

The whole point is hyadain song is just too "geeky" in my opinion, his distinct video game-like arrangements, the references and random words throwing: those how to do urya ois, kokokokokoko, "Stardust no Ebichu desu!" "DefSTAR no Ebichu desu!", ""Hoshikuzu no kuzu no naritte", Osaka station list in Takoniji, to name a few. His songs always appeal to idol otaku fandom but hardly works with general audiences. I can say that his songs wouldn't suit with today Momoclo that aims for wider audience.

Couldn't agree more with NARASAKI in Kuroi Shuumatsu. NARASAKI is also do the bass in GOUNN, that's one of the best bass part I have heard in awhile. I'm not too familiar with revo, I guess I'll take my time to listen Sound Horizon, some of my friends are crazying over the group.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    mav said:

Hyadain wrote the song, it was arranged by Kondo Kenji with lyrics from Natsumi Tadano (best lyricist in all Momoclo's songs :P )

My bad, I mistook the column I was reading.

I probably love Hyadain because I love videogames and crazy stuff. I like how he's able to make comedy with music, I was tired of serious songs and then I heard Future Diver.

In fact now that I think about it I heard Future Diver and become a fan of Denpagumi before I first heard Momoclo. And when the time came and I first encountered Momoclo it was Kaito Shoujo. So I basically owe Hyadain a lot and he's made some of my favorites, special shoutout to Hokago Getabako Rock and Roll MX, Doshaburi Regret, WWD I and II, Nippon Egao Hyakkaei...see? it goes on forever :))

That doesn't mean I think his style goes with momoclo's style nowadays, I'm happy with him writing for other idols.

As for NARASAKI, he has some of my favories (Kuroi Shumatshu, LOST CHILD and the BABYMETAL ones), but also others I don't give a damn, so I guess that's something that happens to all composers, you can't please everyone all the time.

• mavmav

November 2014
    171 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

I'm not too familiar with revo, I guess I'll take my time to listen Sound Horizon, some of my friends are crazying over the group.

It's neither Pop nor Rock, so it's really hit and miss for a lot of people, you either love it or hate it. If you really are interested, I would recommend starting with either [Chronicle 2nd] or [Elysion ~Paradise Fantasy Story Suite~]. Make sure you listen to the whole album in order, since all of SH works are concept albums. If you prefer something shorter try Seisen no Iberia

(here's the full Elysion album if anyone's interested)

Invader said:

As for NARASAKI, he has some of my favories (Kuroi Shumatshu, LOST CHILD and the BABYMETAL ones), but also others I don't give a damn, so I guess that's something that happens to all composers, you can't please everyone all the time.

You know I still can't get how NARASAKI was able to write such a good DnB song in LOST CHILD, yet screwed up so badly on Birth 0 Birth. It's not my least favorite song of Momoclo, but it's the one that made me go #-o the most. Such wasted potential

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    mav said:

You know I still can't get how NARASAKI was able to write such a good DnB song in LOST CHILD, yet screwed up so badly on Birth 0 Birth. It's not my least favorite song of Momoclo, but it's the one that made me go #-o the most. Such wasted potential

completely agree. nowhere near the usual quality of his songs.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    New Dempagumi.inc PV. Seriously, in my opinion nobody can touch them when it comes to entertaining videos. They always make me smile, they have that "genuinely having a blast" attitude that is so contagious.