Random Talk
  • eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Actually I have something to complain about dempagumi, lately their song just sound to samey for me, most of them are straight up denpa with fast beat, high pitch and crazy arrangements. Sometime I wanna hear something melodious like

or

It doesn't mean I don't like their new song, but their music need to be as colorful as they are :)

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    they've really gone all-in on the "Disney but at 2x speed" thing. I hope they're working on a new album.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Speaking of Dempagumi and Disney, I can't seem to find their supercalifragilis... the Mary Poppins song :))

All I can find is this youtube video with sneak peeks of the songs

And now I kinda want to listen to some of them, Tokyo Girls Style with the other Mary Poppins song, Bis, and tricot, I don't know what tricot is but I'm going to find out.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    I didn't even know that existed when I made that comment, but I feel slightly vindicated :))

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    Two questions:

- What are some people's favorite places to find news on Jpop? English preferred, but not required. I already visit the H!O forums from time to time. I browse natalie.mu but my Japanese isn't good enough to really get much out of a lot of it.

- Anybody remember that site that simulcasts JP television? the guy who runs it posts here occasionally I think? I tried searching for it but failed.

• November 2014
    472 Reputation

- Anybody remember that site that simulcasts JP television? the guy who runs it posts here occasionally I think? I tried searching for it but failed.

I can answer that one, I think you mean the Wilson JJ live tv stream.
    http://wilsonjj.me/jptv/

As far as other Jpop news sites, aside from this forum (which is all you need for 3B Junior artists), I also hit the H!O forums as well. I also check Tokyohive, Tokyogirlsupdate, Jpop-Idols, Nihongogo for random news. There's a few groups I listen to that have un-official fan sites/forums like this one, Perfumecityforums for Perfume for example. Last but not least, youtube. I've noticed more an more japanese artists adding youtube channels which is a good thing.

Interested to hear other peoples answers though, I could always use more jpop info! :)>-

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    ^that's the one! thanks.

and yeah, I'm happy about the youtube thing too. for Oomori Seiko and Suiyobi no Campanella news, their youtube channels are usually the first places news hits. but that only really works for groups/people you already know about, it's hard to discover new stuff there.

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    http://aramajapan.com/ seems to have the most readers (and comments) and really up to date

• November 2014
    262 Reputation

For anyone who was worried that Dempagumi Inc didn't have enough variety in their new songs...

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ Is that song for a videogame? An anime? Neither? Since I saw pics of them cosplaying like that and I think it was on a videogame convention I assumed they were characters from I game I don't know.

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    theme song for android / ios game Phantom of the Kill, a fun fact: the developer is named Gumi. inc, famous for their game Brave Frontier.
    http://app.steparu.com/games/249-phantom-of-the-kill/249-phantom-of-the-kill

from the guy who brought us "Get Down!", I Won't Let You Down by OK Go. the song is okay but the video is superb.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    I can't stand OK Go and Get Down is easily one of my least favorite MCZ songs, but they do have some solid videos. +Perfume cameo in the beginning. Apparently it was directed by the guy who directs a lot of Perfume's videos.

• Paco

November 2014
    331 Reputation
    Ex-BiS-Member Ten Tenko solo:

Love it.

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation

For anyone who was worried that Dempagumi Inc didn't have enough variety in their new songs...

Yes! This is what I need :)

BTW, it's a song for RPG "Phantom of Kill"

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    yeah that Ten Tenko song is so friggin good. Ten-chan :x

She and Uika were by far my favorite members of BiS. Even though I think TenTen will ultimately be the most interesting one to follow (she's kind of a weirdo and also likes experimental music... girl after my own heart), I want to hear what Uika's new project (Billie Idle) ends up being.

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    You don't like Kamiya Saki and her pla2me?

Also I don't really understand why the mastermind behind BiS has the most normal solo project

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    Saki is fine; actually the more interesting part of that group is that Mari (Izukoneko) is the other half; she's awesome. That song is great, the B-side is kind of unremarkable. I guess one of the regular BiS producers is working with Pla2Me, so there's bound to be some great tracks out of them in the future.

Lui's stuff is b-o-r-i-n-g. She sounds great, as always, but the music is just so bland. On top of that, one of the main band members just recently quit, probably because she's difficult to work with (surprise).

Nozomi's in Billie Idle with Uika, and Megumi is in some new group whose name I've forgotten. She seems like a cool girl (she's friends with Oomori Seiko, so duh), but she can't really sing, so...

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    First time I've ever watched a Dempagumi.imc interview, but it has english subs so I thought "this is my chance" (even if it is from Den Den Passion days)

Moga's talking voice is nothing like I would've expected, it's so deep.

Nemu gave me the impression of being a really intelligent person (I've never would've guess, sorry Nemu, I guess it's your character on Dempa :)) )

Risa, Pinky and Mirin are more or less the way I've imagined them. I've always seen Eimi as a kindhearted person and this interview made me think it even more.

All in all this interview made me like them a lot more. I think we need more little interviews like this translated for momoclo for the "not yet fans" who need to know the basics about the girls.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    If you watch episodes of Dempa no Kamigami, Moga's voice is actually even deeper than that. Although, don't bother with that show, it's super boring...

• eyelesseyeless

November 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I believe Nemu is actually one of the smartest idol, with broad vision and she's like an analyst. She's one idol that you can't underestimate :)