Random Talk
  • November 2014
    262 Reputation
    she's also super active in the community, almost acting like a big sister figure to other idols. you see a lot of other girls thanking her for cheering them on. she seems like a cool girl.

• InvaderInvader

December 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I'd pay money for a game like this, someone needs to make it real. Dempagumi 8bit version:

• mocha21mocha21

December 2014
    380 Reputation
    It's that time of year again, there's several hidden Momoclo mv props in this video, good ol hyadain days.

• Paco

December 2014
    331 Reputation
    I never really listened to LinQ, but I like Ryoma Maeda, and he has done a remix, that I really like. I think I have to check out more LinQ:

;-)

And a show on Seiko Ooomori

• mocha21mocha21

December 2014
    380 Reputation
    another hyadain's work, this song reminds me of ebichu in their indie days
    nao (ex fripside) - Kami Jigen! Fortune Material (Hype Dimension Neptunia V Opening Theme)

• asan

December 2014
    462 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I've been watching Gugure! Kokkuri-san recently (which is a hilarious anime and I absolutely recommend it). The OP is catchy as hell so I looked up who made the song... and of course it was Hyadain :))

The kid is actually dancing with a Wani to Shampoo fan on the OP of the show (and does a kind of Sailor-Moon transformation)

Also the full song in case you're interested:
    Spoiler:

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    So LoGiRL is not only about Kawakami having a show about cars, they also have content of other idols :))

Including whole Tokyo Girls Style concerts. I've never seen them perform but I loved their album "Killing me Softly" so this is the perfect oportunity to check them out. I love the idea of concerts where the artist perform their albums in order.
    http://logirl.favclip.com/video/index_tgs.html

• January 2015
    472 Reputation
    I like TGS. They are like the smooth-jazz (fusion) of idol groups. :))
    I don't know much about their producer(s) but definitely can always tell its a TGS song when you hear it. Their vocal harmonies are pretty sweet too.

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    There's a jewelry trade show going on at Tokyo Big Sight. Every year they give out awards that aren't really for anything, but more to get famous people photographed with their stuff.

Yesterday the Hashimoto girl got the teenager award, which came with over ten pieces in solid gold and diamond. When would a 15 year old wear that?! You can take publicity too far.

Anyway, if anybody knows an easy way to follow her, do tell, cause I'm terrible at trawling video sites, but interested in how the hype goes.

• January 2015
    472 Reputation
    Gotta love Kanna's husky voice^^

I don't know if this is what you're asking but you can see the link to her blog and twitter at the Rev. From DVL page.
    http://rev.jp.net/mem_hashimoto_kanna.php

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    She also has the journalists under control. Girl is good.

She announces every appearance on her blog (like Momoka used to do), but then finding a TV/radio recording is beyond me.

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    I still can't understand why the girl is hyped too much in media. Well I can clearly see she's the one who shines in her group performances, but AKB groups also have bunch of girls with such feminine beauty and charisma (no, I won't compare them with Stardust idol, none of them are bijin, ex members like Akarin, Uno ebichu or Towa takoniji don't count)

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    The media attention is probably less about the person than the fans. If there's enough people crazy about her, it pays to feature her. And people may like her simply because she's not from Tokyo.

But that's why we need more raw material, to understand! Their songs I was fed up with after the preview on iTunes...

• February 2015
    131 Reputation
    Anyone else here a fan of Negicco? I don't know too much about them, but I really enjoy this video:

I think the lyrics are hilarious!

• Paco

February 2015
    331 Reputation
    A few month ago I found a few songs by Negicco I liked, but I never followed them really.
    Maybe you find this essay of interest:
    https://appears.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/japanese-pop-culture-and-intertextuality-negiccos-idol-bakari-kikanaide/

• February 2015
    131 Reputation
    ^ I actually read Idols and Celebrity in Japanese Media Culture. A very interesting book.

• Paco

February 2015
    331 Reputation

^ I actually read Idols and Celebrity in Japanese Media Culture. A very interesting book.

I would like to, but the price ... ;-(

• February 2015
    131 Reputation
    ^Library?

• Paco

February 2015
    331 Reputation
    ^difficult in Germany. Well, to get so special titles in English at least ...