Random Talk
  • February 2013
    38 Reputation
    An interest in Japanese horror films led me to Shirome, which introduced me to Momoiro Clover.

.... which led me to Babymetal.

....which led me Sakura Gakuin.

...which introduced me to Ayami Muto, the prettiest girl in the entire world.

Am I in danger of turning into a wota? :shock:

• eyelesseyeless

February 2013
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Congrats, lets worship those idols /nyahaha

• eyelesseyeless

February 2013
    2256 Reputation
    There's some major issue going around idol world right now, AKB's Minegishi Minami demoted to kenkyusei and shaved her hair bald because newspaper found out she spent a night at one of GENERATION's member place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzrIgacADU
    warning: the video of Minegishi Minami might be offending for someone, esp females

There're a lot of negative comment around this thing internationally, about no dating rules for idols and how AKB management handle this matter.

There's no scandal yet from Stardust Idols as far as I know, Momoclo stays "pure" and "clean" all of these years, but as the members grow and become more popular, they become more vulnerable to yellow press (like shunkan bunshun). I don't know how kawakami and stardust promotion will handle these kind of matter.

Personally, I don't care that much if an idol date someone, idol is human too, but somehow I understand that this rule is needed to keep idol cycle flowing, "If you become an adult, stop being an idol and move on with your life. There's a lot of your juniors can only dream to be in your place".

• February 2013
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    First, I have something to say.
    The news program has reported her action every day.
    Many of Japanese consider that her action is unusual.
    She should have done only the apology to her fans. And she should not have cut her hair.
    When I express this opinion, I think that it has among you the opinion that she did not need to apologize to her fans.
    I also think that she did not need to apologize to her fans.
    It is because it is her freedom that she loves a lover.
    However, I think that she has joined AKB after understanding the ridiculous rule which Akimoto was setting.

Stardust promotion to which Momoclo belongs is a company to which many actors belong.
    When the Stardust promotion and other talent agencies talk about such news, those agencies express an opinion.
    For example,
    "Because she is not a child, we do not need to be involved in it."

And AKB is a peculiar idol group.
    Momoclo cannot exceed them by the number of sales of CD.
    Some of their fans buy a CD of more than a hundred at a time.
    In order to shake hands to a favorite member, fans using tens of millions of yen.
    Since AKB was a peculiar idol group, possibly it became such big news.
    Incidentally the Akimoto's wife is a member of the idol group whom he produced.

• eyelesseyeless

February 2013
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Thanks, I do think that she doesn't need to apologize as well. Some peoples said that shaving hair as a sign or remorse and redemption is normal in Japan, probably for men, but I don't think it's normal for women.

If anything, Momoclo's member caught up in this kind of situation, I just hope stardust promotion will handle it much better. it's hard being idol.

• February 2013
    11 Reputation
    The thing with most idol groups is that they have to remain "pure" so that there is always the illusion that she can be "yours" one day. This translates into fans buying insane numbers of CDs in order to go meet their favorite idol (like momomofu said above). If those fans' illusions are shattered and they awaken to the fact that their favorite idol would rather date a nice Johnny's ikemen rather than them, all of a sudden that revenue stream dries up...

One thing about Momoclo that I *feel* is different from AKB is the fandom. From my limited experience with some fans, it really does seem that while they obviously have favorites in the group, they actually *really* want to support and cheer for them, more like friends and sisters than as imaginary lovers. I think the energy they show on stage and the interactions they do with fans really help to create this sense of camaraderie. Plus the fact that they're not constantly posing in lingerie and bikinis probably helps. ^^

Does anyone else have any opinions?

• Maka

February 2013
    30 Reputation
    I totally agree with what nomusicnolife said.

For the most of Idols group especially those with sexy costume, most of the people will think like "Ah... So pretty, it want to have girlfriend like that".
    However with Momoclo, the feeling that the people have usually "Ah... So fun/ridiculous/cute , I want to have friends like that" or something like that.

Anyway this is what I think differentiate Momoclo from other Idols group like AKB and the like.
    Just my opinion.

• erimeaerimea

February 2013
    74 Reputation
    I dont know who the girl is nor the guy she was involved with but i felt bad for her specially when i saw her shaved head ... No ... I think its more like "we'll randomly run this razor on your head to make you look ridiculous" - haircut.

I know she had broken "the golden rule" and its her reponsibility to apologize to everyone but what i saw in yt was wayy too much. Its sad that she had to go such lenght as punishment.

I think she should quit =\ its kinda impossible to regain the trust and respect from fans after what happend (like what happened to aya hirano /whisper ) i heard there are already tons of parodies in yt.

any of the 5 (momoclo) will fall in love sooner or later and i'll be happy for them :D what matters to me is the fun and entertainment they give us

As catherine (ufi) said "its an idol's freedom to have privacy" :3

• asan

February 2013
    462 Reputation
    First of all, what is Generation? Kinda hard to search for.

I must say I was briefly envious when Reni blogged about her cat instead of the usual thanking us :P

AKB has too many members to treat them as a team. In a collection of individuals the damage any one can do is limited, as should be her punishment.

But I don't really know what I'm talking about. MomoClo are the only idols I follow, and I would never have gotten into that if the management or the fans were about gravure and fantasies.

BTW how did Ikura Manami end up doing swimwear videos?

• February 2013
    5201 Reputation
    I think it free that an idol love some one.
    But, drinking and smoking of less than 20 years old are forbidden by the law of Japan.
    The photograph of the scene which Idle is smoking together with a lover became news before.
    NHK is known by everybody at the broadcasting station where the examination for appearing on a program is very severe.
    That is, when it becomes news, they can never appear on Kouhaku.
    Not only it but they may be ousted from the showbiz.
    I have actually seen the scene which the underage idol is drinking and smoking.
    Although they may not have causal relationship, since there was such an example in the past, it is necessary to prevent.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The presence of A-rin's lover has been previously rumored.
    Spoiler:

The photo above is a photograph taken in the school to which she attends.
    Although he has been rumored lover, he seems to have been passers-by.
    The photo below is one scene where Shiori and A-rin appeared in the catalog of the school uniform shop.

CONOMi
    http://www.conomi.jp/

I think that they are such school uniform Schopp's goods although Momoka often wears the uniform.

• asan

February 2013
    462 Reputation
    momomofu said:

The photo above is a photograph taken in the school to which she attends.

If walking with a schoolmate is a relationship, call me Casanova ^^

• eyelesseyeless

February 2013
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    I can't help LMAO on this /rofl /rofl /rofl

Btw, GENERATIONS

• asan

February 2013
    462 Reputation
    Ah, wasn't that the one with members from Momoka's old class?

• eyelesseyeless

February 2013
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Yup, but I forgot which one

• February 2013
    5201 Reputation
    asan said:

Ah, wasn't that the one with members from Momoka's old class?

I've never heard of it./throw_stone

• asan

February 2013
    462 Reputation
    Hayato
    Maybe the wolves will hunt Momoka next. Down with boy groups!

• February 2013
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    Thanks. I had been a misunderstanding.

• February 2013
    11 Reputation
    Good for Ayaka! That's awesome. ^^

• February 2013
    38 Reputation
    The photos of Aarin and her "boyfriend" look more like a posed photo shoot than anything else.

I find the whole idol culture to be distasteful. I feel sorry for the hundreds of girls who display themselves as sex objects in the hope of fame. I enjoy Momoclo, Babymetal, and Sakura Gakuin because they are portrayed as fun, girlish, attractive friends. I do NOT fantasize about these girls. The day Momoclo appear in bikinis is the day I stop following them.

Does Momoclo have such strict rules as AKB48? I know the girls have other friends and social lives outside of the group. Didn't Reni mention a boyfriend in her blog once or twice? Maybe I misunderstood it.

There should be no problem with Momoclo having lives of their own. I won't jump off a bridge if Momoka appears with a boyfriend. She doesn't "belong" to me. To me they are an entertainment group. Their lives outside that group should be their own to live as they wish. The AKB scandals are the result of not allowing those girls to be real people.

• asan

February 2013
    462 Reputation

Didn't Reni mention a boyfriend in her blog once or twice?

She uses 相方 a lot, but that's neutral.