General Discussion
  • September 2016
    469 Reputation
    [rant] Illegal or not, to me it's just more of the incredible hypocrisy of the entertainment industry in general (in all countries, in all times and places, I'd say). Underage drinking, smoking, and sex are everyday facts of life -- I hope that Stardust finds some cheerfully hypocritcal way of brushing the whole thing off (sort of like the NHK executives who got caught stealing public funds a few years ago, and who as far as I know, generally escaped punishment) and getting on with life.
    I'm sorry, but this silliness about being scandalized over everyday teenage behavior is one of the things that has always bothered me -- it strikes me as being psychologically and socially unhealthy for performers and fans alike, even within the context of Japanese culture (as far as I understand of it). [/rant]

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Granted. And I absolutely agree - I hope everyone here has drunk booze or smoked a joint before they reached legal age :)

But this is part of the game and idol also means being a role model in a conventional sense.
    And Mirei is old enough to know that and take responsibility. Not only for herself but for the group as well
    So I'm somewhat mad at her as well for not being careful enough (especially with a 16yo in her wake)

The saving grace might be the fact that it didn't happen in public but inside the dude's apartment.
    So probably hard to prove anything.

All speculation though before the story comes out.
    Maybe it's just a storm in a waterglass. Several of that mag's idol scandals ended up nowhere before

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1737 Reputation
    Some people in Stardust must really be regretting Massugu's lyrics. (Taken from Coleena's video from the english subbed songs)

At least Mirei didn't sing that part, that would have been too much irony to handle.

It's the underage drinking part that scares me the most because the public takes that very seriously. The public may even get angrier because she didn't take care of the 16 year old girl.

I hope this doesn't end up being huge. I didn't even know Ebichu was relevant enough to get followed by that magazine, unless they were following the guy.

• nyocttnyoctt

September 2016
    46 Reputation

Granted. And I absolutely agree - I hope everyone here has drunk booze or smoked a joint before they reached legal age :)

So true, in my opinion it gives them a more human image. Even if they have to handle the idol role they also need to live their own life and I believe they are strong enough to withstand the bad-mouthing pressure.
    After all, aren't they extolling anarchy ?

• eyelesseyeless

September 2016
    2256 Reputation
    I think this is the 1st time Stardust idol caught in a serious scandal in my years of following them. Usually they're very careful and have absolute clean image. And hopefully, they'll handle it good so nothing serious happen to Mirei and Ebichu as a whole. But honestly, I'm worried.

• September 2016
    131 Reputation
    Invader said:

I didn't even know Ebichu was relevant enough to get followed by that magazine, unless they were following the guy.

From my understanding, they were following R's no Housoku to try and catch Nogizaka members doing something and poor Mirei got caught in the crossfire...
    I think this will most likely be ignored by management, but I can't think of an earlier example.

• SSFVSSFV

September 2016
    221 Reputation
    Hopefully it's nothing. Ebichu is already crippled with Hinata and Po-chan doing less activity and we don't need a shitstorm from a magazine company to disturb them.

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2293 Reputation
    Well, the scandal can be also a way to warm up interest to the group

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    September 11
    Ebichu [Event] Anaakii 2shot event

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• September 2016
    113 Reputation
    Those pictures of Rika flexing her guns just made my day! :D

• SSFVSSFV

September 2016
    221 Reputation
    Cannot unsee the first pic!

Are these pictures posted on their official website or is it from fans' personal twitter/facebook account?

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2293 Reputation
    from fan's twitters

• September 2016
    242 Reputation
    I really resent this invasion of famous people's privacy, it's disgusting. So what if she had a fun night? God forbid anyone starts thinking she's, I don't know, human like everyone else? So let's all hope this blows over. One thing's for sure, I don't give a shit about crap like this. I wish that everyone thought the same.

• September 2016
    469 Reputation
    ^I agree 100%!

There are some great pictures in that two-shot set! The Muscles Mayama shot is just too good!
    And I love Aiai's expression in this one -- after the discussion here of the new single, maybe this should be one of the covers: :))
    momomofu said:

September 11
    Ebichu [Event] Anaakii 2shot event

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1737 Reputation
    That Mayama pic is meme worthy. Saved for future use :))

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Mayama's hobby is strength training.
    Because she got too muscles, Stardust forbade her excessive strength training.

• September 2016
    242 Reputation

And I love Aiai's expression in this one -- after the discussion here of the new single, maybe this should be one of the covers: :))

Haha, that's not a bad idea. Aiai doesn't look too impressed haha

• SSFVSSFV

September 2016
    221 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Mayama's hobby is strength training.
    Because she got too muscles, Stardust forbade her excessive strength training.

You're joking right? About her forbade.

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    I'm not joking.

2:18~