[Movie and Stage Drama] Maku ga Agaru
  • AzureusAzureus

February 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Azureus said:

15 second videos from Maku ga Agaru x Nihon Eiga Senmon Channel
    The first four are behind the scene from their recent christmas concert.
    http://www.nihon-eiga.com/osusume/momoclo/

Spoiler:

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    Sweet. I love this.

• February 2015
    644 Reputation
    Has anyone seen it yet? I'll get to see it Monday, so I can't wait!!

• February 2015
    644 Reputation
    I liked the movie a lot. Reni-chan signed a towel and pamphlet and gave them to janken winners (happened to be 2 grade school kids). Kwkm was the manager on site. She did a cooperation exercise with a girl in the audience. They had to sit with their backs together and try to stand up without using their hands. 2 male fans also did it and got to shake her hand afterwards. Photos of the theater will be posted on her blog. We all sang the chorus of Hashire! together, too.

• February 2015
    5201 Reputation
    [2015.02.16][CX] めざましアクア ももクロの全国行脚 イベント初日は大爆笑

[2015.02.16][CX] めざましテレビ ももクロ 全国イベント 三宅アナの応援マル秘作戦

有安杏果 幕が上がる 弘前舞台挨拶 (20150216)

• February 2015
    644 Reputation
    Oh and the cameos are a nice nod to mononofu.

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    One more

• AzureusAzureus

February 2015
    1470 Reputation

• mocha21mocha21

February 2015
    380 Reputation
    ah, the Nihon Eiga promotional tie-in videos were taken off when I haven't save them yet
    by the way any reviews on the movie itself? I have heard some good hype around the movies so far, but I'm longing to know about their acting ability, how good the plot is, probably some plot twist, and about the rest of casts.

• InvaderInvader

February 2015
    1737 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

ah, the Nihon Eiga promotional tie-in videos were taken off when I haven't save them yet

You didn't miss much, those were very short and basically just them repeating the tagline again and again.

I'm curious about reception as well. Since I don't live in Japan I don't have a way of knowing the scale of the project. Basically the only way for it to make it to my city's international film festival is for it to be critically acclaimed or some odd thing to happen =))

• asan

February 2015
    462 Reputation
    Maybe the previews are under embargo.

• February 2015
    644 Reputation
    Well, it's far from perfect. From a mononofu's stand point, I'd give it a solid 8/10. From a general audience standpoint, around 6.5/10.
    There are moments where their acting potential shines, but it is noticeable that they haven't been trained for acting.
    The story really revolves around the growth and maturation of Takahashi Saori (Kanako). I guess as befitting the leader and main character, she does get the most screen time.
    There are a few moments of well timed comedy, and when I saw it, the audience noticeably laughed (myself included) when Yukko's (Shiorin's) father was introduced on screen.
    Momoka fans will be disappointed for 1/3 of the movie since she's hardly in the first half due to the nature of her character.
    Reni-chan is the only member fit to play Garuru, but sometimes I felt that the energy of her character clashes with some scenes and makes her acting appear unnatural and forced.
    The supporting cast does a good job, especially the art teacher/drama club (assistant) advisor, Yoshioka (Kuroki Haru).
    One thing that bothered me a little was the use of inner monologue to express Saori's feelings through the first half or so of the movie. It felt like it was used to make up for the lack of acting discipline, that there was no other way to convey them to the audience.

I don't see a reason for non-fans to see this movie unless they read and liked the book though. However, if non-fans see it, I think there's a good chance they will become fans.

First time watching it doesn't really allow me to write completely objectively, but I do plan on seeing it at least two more times because I bought tickets from the 7-11 promotion.

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^Who would you say has the most potential as an actress? I don't know I kinda got the feeling it would be Kanako.

• February 2015
    262 Reputation
    Momoka has actual acting experience, but my guess would probably actually be Aarin.

(I haven't seen the movie)

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^That's right. I forgot about that and Aarin would make a lot of sense. I would love to see a Momoclo musical. That would be brilliant.

• mocha21mocha21

February 2015
    380 Reputation

Well, it's far from perfect.

thanks for the review :) oh well so the problem still lingers at their acting, I was excited since the storyboard is done by the same guy who wrote my favorite movie Kirishima Thing so I except some cool story progressions, but looks like their acting can't be ignored too. I just watched momodra in the other thread and I can kinda see that..
    for me Shiori fits the actress image among of the five, but only the image :))

• February 2015
    28 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

Well, it's far from perfect.

thanks for the review :) oh well so the problem still lingers at their acting, I was excited since the storyboard is done by the same guy who wrote my favorite movie Kirishima Thing so I except some cool story progressions, but looks like their acting can't be ignored too. I just watched momodra in the other thread and I can kinda see that..
    for me Shiori fits the actress image among of the five, but only the image :))

Lol yeah Shiori definitely fits the image, i could see her or Aarin actually being one

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^There's definitely a naturalness to their performances but I didn't think Momoka was too bad in the third one. I'll admit I've rose colored glasses when it comes to her.

• February 2015
    644 Reputation
    As a group, they fit the main characters' personalities well. I started reading the novel to try to get a better grasp of what the characters are supposed to be like (only 30 pages in...hopefully I can finish it, which reminds me I need to continue reading kwkm's book lol). They tailored the script to Momoclo I think and removed the male drama club characters, changed plot things here and there, made Yukko not boy-crazy, etc.

• February 2015
    904 Reputation
    Mononofus!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend/fellow takanofu in Japan that's helping with the overseas movement and will be attending the AE screening next week with Reni being the one to talk to the audience. To give the girl's more exposure to us overseas fans,she's starting a project. Contacting her to be revealed later because it's posted on Facebook where she usually contacts some of us.

Edit: Here's the email renichanlove0621@gmail.com

Spoiler:

A fun little project for ALL KAIGAINOFUS

(Those who speaks Spanish and Tagalog or other languages please help me
    Spread the message for those who doesn't speak English!)

******Project name: "Reni chan LOVE"

Send me your photo by (2/22) Sunday midnight Tokyo time

There is a chance I can give something to Reni directly next week at the members only invitation for the movie screening. A solo greeting from Takagi Reni will happen after the movie.

Here is the fun project. All Reni oshis, hako or other oshis or just fan who wants to do it to show Reni,

1. Use the template I uploaded, print it out in 4x6 photo size

2. send me a phot of you holding the card like Reni did in folkmura (see attached photo)

I am going to collect all the photos and decorate them on a one page B4 size paper.

******Send me your photo by Sunday midnight Tokyo time

I hope I can collect enough photos and give it to her on Tuesday

I would really like to use this RARE opportunity to give her something from the oversea fans. Show her fans oversea can be as affectionate as Japanese ones.

Please don't miss this chance.

******Send me your photo by Sunday midnight Tokyo time

The photo spoken of here is basically what was seen on Reni's postcard from Folkmura which I will upload soon (Not sure if it works on mobile.... and the group is currently closed as an experiment)