[Movie and Stage Drama] Maku ga Agaru
  • April 2015
    644 Reputation
    There will be a Live Viewing of the final stage performance on May 24th.
    Fan Club tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 13:00 JST.

General Sales will be as follows:
    http://eplus.jp/makugaagaru-lv/
    May 14 18:00 to May 18 23:59 JST

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation
    ももクロ・百田夏菜子ら初舞台に意気込み!高城れには真面目? 舞台「幕が上がる」会見1

ももクロ、初主演舞台が開幕 佐々木「声が大きくても怒られない」 舞台『幕が上がる』初日開幕直前会見&公開ゲネプロ

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation
    ももいろクローバーZ こんなももクロ見たことない!スカート脱いだり号泣シーンも!初主演舞台「幕が上がる」初日開幕直前会見&公開ゲネプロ

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation
    The Night of the Milky Way Train by MCZ -A Play within A Play- English sub (hit subtitles when the video start)

credit goes to the uploader

• May 2015
    644 Reputation
    Ohhh. Is that the video that they played before Momokuri started?

Also today is the first day of the stage production. If anyone finds any legitimate reviews, please post them even if they're in Japanese. I'm sure someone will translate or give a general gist of the review.

• ColeenaColeena

May 2015
    174 Reputation
    http://eng.jiff.or.kr/program/search/view.asp?idx=149
    Looks like they'll be showing the movie as "When the Curtain Rises" at the JeonJu International Film Festival, with Korean and English subtitles! I wonder if they picked it out because there's a lot of Korean Mononofu, or if the movie's actually gotten big enough that they noticed it.

Hopefully this means that more film festivals will pick it up, like in The United States of America, California, Los Angeles *small cough*

EDIT: Looks like it'll be played in Italy, too. Man, I'm jealous. http://www.fareastfilm.com/EasyNe2/LYT.aspx?Code=FEFJ&IDLYT=7505&ST=SQL&SQL=ID_Documento=4523

• InvaderInvader

May 2015
    1737 Reputation
    We haven't talked about the play for a while but this pics keep coming up on my dash and the solo shots of Kanako are killing me. I'll post the ones for the other girls too so I don't look too biased :))

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• May 2015
    904 Reputation
    Am I the only one who finds it amusing how everyone has those serious shots and then you go to Garuru and get... whatever the heck she was doing? XDDDDD

• asan

May 2015
    462 Reputation
    That's called typecasting :D

• May 2015
    904 Reputation
    Typecasting or not. They still managed to give out the photos of Reni being Reni despite some serious scenes for Garuru XDDDDDDDD

• May 2015
    644 Reputation
    I'm looking forward to seeing the last performance this Sunday. :3

• May 2015
    644 Reputation
    Stuff about the stage production follows. There are spoilers that tie into the movie, so readers be warned.
    Spoiler:
    So the stage production is set between after Yoshioka-sensei leaves and the prefectural competition. It directly addresses some parts from the book like Saori adding lines to the play, and adds some character development pertaining to Nakanishi such as possible reasons why she became mute in the past. It also addresses how the actors are able to relate to their roles; Garuru playing Campanella's father while not having a father, whether or not Nakanishi's past trauma causes her to have trouble saying certain lines, and then Saori lacking confidence in directing after Yoshioka-sensei leaves. This last one was kind of touched on in the movie, but it's fleshed out more in the stage production. Most of the drama club girls from the movie were in the stage production, which was good.

I don't think I could write a summary if I tried, but the girls did a pretty good job I think.

• May 2015
    644 Reputation
    Oh I got a flyer for the DVD & blu-ray releases. August 5th. There's a 2 disc Blu-ray with a bunch of extra stuff for 6,800¥ +tax (includes them performing ginga tetsudou no yoru, deleted scenes, making of documentary, footage from when they visited movie theaters, photo book, and a fujigaoka school pin). Normal blu-ray is 4,800¥ +tax, and DVD is 3,800¥ +tax.

• August 2015
    644 Reputation
    I pre-ordered the 2 disc Blu-ray so I'll be able to post scans in a couple days now that I actually have a scanner. :)

• August 2015
    1238 Reputation
    Do you know if this is included in the 2 disc set?

Don't want to accidentally order something unnecessary.

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    That's a good question. I didn't really think it would be logical to release the two discs separately at the same time as the LE if that and the second disc on the LE are the same. The second disc does state it includes promotional "making of" content, so it would be cool if this was a feature on the second disc, but it doesn't really specify at all. These could be two completely different things.

• August 2015
    644 Reputation
    No it's completely different. That is the making of feature film that was also shown in theaters for a week or 2.

• doboddobod

August 2015
    117 Reputation
    Just watch the movie...

The first thing i notice is Genichiro Tenryu as Yukko's (shiorin) father... I kind of laughed to see him here...

and the next best scene :
    Spoiler:

And i like Momoka here, that prodigy child vibe. Kanako get the most screen as expected, but Shiorin and Aarin get their screen too. But it seems Reni didn't get much of it. The acting isn't perfect, but also not bad...

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    More than that scene, what happens immediately after that. Renichan gets screen time, but not as much as Tamai or momokachan....maybe because a~rin is mi oshi, but I felt she didn't get that much screentime, it just doesnt seem that way because her "conflict" happens in the second half

Dobod, If there is still something I can do, I'm still here