[Movie and Stage Drama] Maku ga Agaru
  • August 2015
    904 Reputation
    saw it. I laughed during few scenes... cried mostly... Will have to watch it again because I missed that Aritamai part when their characters finally started to get along. That darn adorable Garuru flailing around is so distracting XDDDDDD

And I can see why Reni felt as if Garuru was a hard character to play. I understand that Reni herself is really energetic and fun-loving but that doesn't completely show unless she's with the others or wants to poke fun at tv hosts when doing solo appearances. Garuru is just all over the place moreso than Reni so you can see the difficulty.
    Despite not knowing Japanese very well and base everything off of context, I was really able to see how Kanako and Saori fit well together. Both are in charge of a group in their own ways but struggle from the weight on their shoulders and finds ways to keep everybody on their feet. Even when they felt self-doubt, the two grew as the story went on and offered a helping hand to those in need (Nakanishi, Yukko and Akemi). Unfortunately, I cried like a baby during her key scenes... TTATT

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    I think that ardent fans won't have problems following the plot even if their Japanese level is zero... with all the talk in this forum about the movie plus all those scenes in the trailer and the seishunfu video pretty much there is little in the movie that we didn't figured out before.

• August 2015
    904 Reputation
    True. But then again, I can be forgetful or just don't really understand what the other fans mean until I see it for myself. But I really enjoyed the movie TTwTT

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    something that i reflected after seeing the movie was that it left me with a big sense of relief. Because being a MCZ fan i tought that maybe i would be forcing myself to like it if it turned out to be boring, which luckily didnt was. I did feel that it should have had maybe a couple of more scenes because i felt a couple of characters could have used a more deep look into their motives, their lives at home, etc . But thats just me, not getting enough of the girls

• August 2015
    644 Reputation
    dobod said:

Just watch the movie...

The first thing i notice is Genichiro Tenryu as Yukko's (shiorin) father... I kind of laughed to see him here...

Everyone chuckled in the theater when I saw the sneak preview. And Japanese people are generally silent when watching movies in a theater...even during comedies...like no one laughs. It's so weird.

• MCZMCZ

August 2015
    143 Reputation
    the.curtain.rises.2015.720p.bluray.x264https://yadi.sk/d/8VVhuR72iX3fX

• MCZMCZ

August 2015
    143 Reputation
    Thanks to chaeva

• August 2015
    264 Reputation
    The torrent I found only has Chinese subtitles. Does anyone know if English ones are being worked on?

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    are they embedded or independent as .srt?

• August 2015
    264 Reputation
    They are embedded in the file, although not hardcoded.

• August 2015
    372 Reputation
    I found some English subs here, but they're pretty bad:
    http://subtitlesadd.com/maku-ga-agaru-2015/

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    So Garuru now is called Lulu.. Ha ha ha!

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    I still haven't watched my copy of it lol, I have no time, and much less to work on subtitles for it, at least at the moment. Not to mention I have no translating capabilities, unless there are Japanese subtitles on the BD. Which is unlikely.

• August 2015
    644 Reputation
    There are no subtitles on the BD...which I was kinda disappointed by because how can deaf people enjoy it!? (Along with giving translators an easier time)

• August 2015
    262 Reputation
    that's stupid. bare minimum for home release should include subtitles for deaf/hard of hearing. that strikes me as incredibly lazy on the publisher's part.

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    Are all Japanese Blurays close captioned? I have several and none has subtitles so I think blaming the publishers is a bit too harsh
    Like I said, you don't really need to understand nihongo to catch up on what's going on.... but yeah, understanding the dialogues helps a lot to understand the why and how of the character's actions - Leader's monologues and so

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    No, almost no Japanese home releases are subtitled unless they're foreign films subbed in Japanese. It's just not a custom to close caption movies, I guess.

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation

I found some English subs here, but they're pretty bad:
    http://subtitlesadd.com/maku-ga-agaru-2015/

i just checked them and yeah, they are all over the place... in some parts are accurate, but most of the time seems someone just took the chinese subtitles and google translator´d them.. (big lol at Saori´s "minister" instead of "club president")

Mind you tought, i checked and noticed that the first and last lines of dialogue correspond exactly to the times on those of the bluray, so that takes care of the timing.. if someone wants to try to fix them, it shouldnt take but a couple of hours to someone who dominates nihongo.

I said that i would do them if no one else did, and i still will, but t´ll take me a couple of nights.. id love if someone here volunteers to fix the mistakes im bound to make since i´ll probably ad-lib a lot in Saori´s momologues ( having her speak on off while other characters are actually speaking will be a living hell to sort out.. also nakanishi´s lisp... the easiest will be Garuru, all i´ll have to do is have her go : "graargh"
    ;) )

Anyway...

• August 2015
    264 Reputation
    I'd help out, but sadly my Japanese abilities don't stretch far beyond "konichiwa" and "punipuni". I promise eternal love and gratitude to whoever does it, though!

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    I'll volunteer. My Japanese is slightly good I think so I might be of use. I can probably do my part on the weekend lol. It would be nice if the script was somewhere online, then I could accurately redo most of the lines you'd miss, Honkey. My Japanese ability has a pretty bad imbalance between reading and listening.