[Movie and Stage Drama] Maku ga Agaru
  • February 2015
    644 Reputation
    I hope the project works out! Not many people get close contact with her, and depending on the seating angle she may not be able to see it or receive it, unless your friend is in the first 3 rows or so. Takanofu have a much higher chance for interaction.

• February 2015
    904 Reputation
    there's always a chance for kaigainofu to grab attention somehow. She was already mentioned twice on Folkmura (the 2nd episode as well as the special where they showed clips from MomoKuri. They read 2 postcards she sent out for puninofus. One from Singapore and the other was the one Shiorin read in English). I'm just glad that there are still opportunities for the overseas movement to continue on so the girls will continuously know that they're being supported worldwide. Unfortunately, as a takanofu, I want to participate but cameras... I still hate them despite being in front of one twice... OAO

Edit: for those still interested. here's the email to send the photo to
    renichanlove0621@gmail.com

• February 2015
    5201 Reputation
    I took the paid holiday today and went to the "Maku ga Agaru".
    When mononofus were waiting at the entrance of the movie theater, Momoka appeared with kwkm.
    She spoke about this movie for approximately 30 minutes from 10:30.
    Quite unfortunately, about 40 mononofus left their seat as soon as she finished a speech.
    I don't intend to write about the outline of this movie.
    I agree with MCZTamanofu's opinion.
    Spoiler:

Well, it's far from perfect. From a mononofu's stand point, I'd give it a solid 8/10. From a general audience standpoint, around 6.5/10.
    There are moments where their acting potential shines, but it is noticeable that they haven't been trained for acting.
    The story really revolves around the growth and maturation of Takahashi Saori (Kanako). I guess as befitting the leader and main character, she does get the most screen time.
    There are a few moments of well timed comedy, and when I saw it, the audience noticeably laughed (myself included) when Yukko's (Shiorin's) father was introduced on screen.
    Momoka fans will be disappointed for 1/3 of the movie since she's hardly in the first half due to the nature of her character.
    Reni-chan is the only member fit to play Garuru, but sometimes I felt that the energy of her character clashes with some scenes and makes her acting appear unnatural and forced.
    The supporting cast does a good job, especially the art teacher/drama club (assistant) advisor, Yoshioka (Kuroki Haru).
    One thing that bothered me a little was the use of inner monologue to express Saori's feelings through the first half or so of the movie. It felt like it was used to make up for the lack of acting discipline, that there was no other way to convey them to the audience.

I don't see a reason for non-fans to see this movie unless they read and liked the book though. However, if non-fans see it, I think there's a good chance they will become fans.

First time watching it doesn't really allow me to write completely objectively, but I do plan on seeing it at least two more times because I bought tickets from the 7-11 promotion.

• asan

February 2015
    462 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Quite unfortunately, about 40 mononofus left their seat as soon as she finished a speech.

Is that why all the official photos show half empty cinemas? Or just it being weekdays? Maybe people don't want to be seen playing sick ;)

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation

• AzureusAzureus

February 2015
    1470 Reputation
    "MCZ x Makuga Agaru" Their History and Challenge

• February 2015
    5201 Reputation
    The documentary film will be screened at 65 theaters from March 11.
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/139684

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Sales quantity
    March 1, 2015, 15:55
    *1 *50,065 American Sniper
    *2 *29,434 Big Hero 6
    *3 *17,949 TERRACE HOUSE CLOSING DOOR
    *4 *14,116 Kuchibiru ni Uta wo
    *5 **9,957 Mutant Turtles
    *6 **9,878 Kido Senshi Gundam THE ORIGIN I Aoi Hitomi no Casval
    *7 **7,666 Maku ga Agaru
    *8 **7,156 Youkai Watch
    *9 **6,826 Chef
    10 **6,200 ANNIE

• March 2015
    644 Reputation
    Okay, I know one thing that bothers me about this movie. It's the summer practice scene in the school where Yoshioka is throwing ash trays while they're reading through Romeo and Juliet. Since you see part of the scene in the preview video clips, that's all I will say so as not to spoil the rest of the scene. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the story. Yoshioka isn't that kind of teacher. I just think the whole execution of it is awkward and could have been handled better. I hope it wasn't a scene forced into the movie as an excuse to use Chai Maxx ZERO as BGM.

• mocha21mocha21

March 2015
    380 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Sales quantity
    *7 **7,666 Maku ga Agaru

was this the number of audiences in the opening day? because any of their concert live viewing showed far greater numbers in terms of audiences... but I more surprised that Baymax is still a thing in Japan

I hope it wasn't a scene forced into the movie as an excuse to use Chai Maxx ZERO as BGM.

wait, how many insert songs are they trying to fit into the movie, how about Link Link? Iku Haru? Hashire?

• March 2015
    644 Reputation
    There are 5 total songs that they sing. The rest of the BGM is piano instrumentals of their songs. Hashire and Link Link are used only during the credits I think...either Link Link or Seishunfu... The other 3 are during the movie at certain points.

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation
    February 28 - March 1
    http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0071202
    01, American Sniper
    02, Big Hero 6
    03, TERRACE HOUSE CLOSING DOOR
    04, Kuchibiru ni Uta wo
    05, Maku ga Agaru
    06, Mutant Turtles
    07, Kido Senshi Gundam THE ORIGIN I Aoi Hitomi no Casval
    08, Youkai Watch
    09, ANNIE
    10, Mortdecai

04, Kuchibiru ni Uta wo

"Maku ga Agaru(127 screens)" and "Kuchibiru ni Uta wo(260 screens)" were released on the same day.
    The both films are set in school club activities.
    Aoi Wakana(Stardust Section 1) and Haruno Kiina(3B / F-girls) appeared on this film.
    Spoiler:

• mocha21mocha21

March 2015
    380 Reputation
    Maku ga Agaru Original Soundtrack
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KICS-3175

• mocha21mocha21

March 2015
    380 Reputation

04, Kuchibiru ni Uta wo
    "Maku ga Agaru(127 screens)" and "Kuchibiru ni Uta wo(260 screens)" were released on the same day.
    The both films are set in school club activities.
    Aoi Wakana(Stardust Section 1) and Haruno Kiina(3B / F-girls) appeared on this film.

It's no wonder with the big difference of screening theaters, and they still have long way to go to beat Yui Aragaki.
    related, empty theaters:
    https://twitter.com/wtkz_ebc/status/571588812494667777
    https://twitter.com/suama_sweetnam/status/573473660658323458
    -----
    nicer quality of promotional pics that have been displayed everywhere:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• March 2015
    644 Reputation
    Honestly, empty theaters doesn't surprise me. The people who wanted to see it already did, and very few people will see it again for a second or third time. I will probably go for my 3rd time this weekend though.

The following are more thoughts I have about the movie. Possible spoilers.
    Spoiler:

I think they could have done more with the whole plot and character development. I mean, the students have more to worry about than just their competition. As seniors, they have to worry about college entrance exams. Also, even if they aim for the National competition, since it's held the summer afterward, as seniors they wouldn't even be participating. I'm not finished with the book yet, only just started the District competiton part, but the focus up until now has been getting to the Prefectural competition, and maybe the Regional competition (which would interfere with college exams). Yukko in particular is a very complex character that doesn't get as much attention as she should. Her jealousy of Nakanishi and interactions with Saori, along with her worries of her future, could have been presented better.
    The new freshmen club members appear out of nowhere in the movie. It's kind of confusing. One minute they're not there, the next they are. I get that they turned the plot into an underdog story, failure to success (unlike the original story), but some kind of transition would have been nice.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Am i the only one that dislikes the Movie poster? Im not bothered fby the fact of having a big closeup of Deko-chan face, since she is the main character, but.. couldnt they get a better image of her? She looks like she just ran a marathon (and the fact that that profile picture makes her nose look flatther thanalready is)

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation

Lol yeah Shiori definitely fits the image, i could see her or Aarin actually being one

Its not for nothing she had the most screentime in the Akumuchan tv special

• AzureusAzureus

March 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Maku ga Agaru Country Tour

• March 2015
    644 Reputation
    I'm currently waiting to see the making-of movie so I'll let you know what I thought about it afterward.

• March 2015
    644 Reputation
    Spoilers that relate to the movie from the making-of.
    Spoiler:
    Kanako didn't write the kanji wrong on purpose. She really did write 暮 instead of 幕.
    At the very end of the movie credits, the girls run toward the camera and then burst into laughter. You see why in the making-of.